Merged 3x: Dan Marino Is Gm | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Dan Marino Is Gm

Why, why, why, why, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Can anyone say Matt Millen? I know you can. :shakeno:

Personally, I dont think this is such a bad idea. I think IF WOLF is signed on, having Wolf and Marino there to provide recommendations to Spielman is a plus! Everyone says that Marino has no experience with the front office... maybe true but he's not making decisions, he's making recommendations! And he has experience knowing positions! He loves this organization and he would be doing his job with heart! He knows his QB's, WR's, O-Lineman he had to depend on them for a long time! I think his opinion is valuable besides do you think that all these television shows would have used him in analysis if they didnt think he knew what he was talking about?

Im going to wait to decied completely on how i feel about this until after some decisions are starting to be made. But i am happy we got Dan back... he is a boost for the moral of this team! GO PHINS!

HEAD OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS

FROM THE SPORTSLINE ARTICLE, IT APPEARS MR.HUIZENGA HAS CREATED A NEW POSITION, TO ASSIST THE NEW GENERAL MANGER AND HEAD COACH.
DAN WILL HAVE A LOT TO OFFER. IT'S ANOTHER SMART MOVE BY THE OWNER.
MR.HUIZENGA DID NOT GET WHERE HE IS TODAY BY MAKING BAD DECISIONS.:cool:

I don't claim to be an insider, but I have talked to people that have covered the Dolphins.

I have been told that Dan, well to put it mildly, is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Look, I think the guy is the best passer in the history and is my favorite Dolphin of all time.

But a GM? Lets not let our passion get the better of our sense . . .

Wolf, Modrak , Meuller, or Marino! Which one doesn't fit?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ok guys lets let the news settle a bit... we are all over the place. There are just as many former player/gm's in sprts to support the argument either way. Yes the move looks very transparent, yes Dan is a great player with a winning /can do attidude and yes he has no prior service in this area but, as for right now he is our man, he can look for great things in a qb in a wr and an o-line, no doubt. He is league tested and I think he can make things happen in the Fo as he did on the field... we all have great memories of him craving up defenses and re-writing record books and he is a winner at every level. Lets stand behind this move as fans of the team and #13 at least we know this year we wont draft a lb for special teams with our 1st pick. Every now and then things get mudane and need a shot in the arm... I think Dan is that shot that the fins need ..maybe not to get us to the super bowl right away but to get us in the endzone with a bit more regularity.

Originally posted by dolfan4good
Did he even interview for this job? Nothing was ever reported that he was even a candidate!

Mixed feelings is an understatement! We better announce that Wolf signed on the dotted line as well! At least he would have guidance that way!

There was word floating around several boards a few days ago about a "mystery" candidate.

That's putting it lightly.

Either way...wouldn't have been my first choice, but if in fact he has taken the responsibilites and Spielman/Wolf will be tutoring, ROCK ON DANNY!!!!

I'm behind him 100%.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I have been told that Dan, well to put it mildly, is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I think you may be getting your football info from the National Enquirer

Back
Top Bottom