Merged 3x: Dan Marino Is Gm | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Dan Marino Is Gm

Never mind. Hammer said the Wolf thing is dead. That sucks. Now I don't like the move.

This is my first post ever, so I guess it's fitting that it is at the beginning of this new era in Dolphins football.

I love Dan Marino and have idolized him throughout my entire life. At first glance, I cannot find much good to say about this move. It is so glaringly transparent. I think it is insulting to the seven legitimate candidates who interviewed, and it will create a circus off the field without anyone strong in the front office. Are the Dolphins in any better condition today than they were a year ago? This was one move that could have made us all say yes - even after a disappointing non-playoff season. But the simple fact is, we are not. There are far more questions now than ever.

Good luck Dan. We love you. But this is, quite honestly, absurd.

Umm, WOW........

I read this a little early when it first showed up but waited to post now. After calming down I am in the group that is excited about this, we will finally get a QB. I would be amazed if we dont have an almost completely revamped Offense for next year. Wow....

1. Nobody wants to win more than Dan, so he'll do what he needs to to learn the job and he'll do it well.
2. Nobody cares about the Dolphins more than Dan.
3. Bye bye Jay. Maybe Dan will be player-GM.
4. I'm going to enjoy the day Dan forces DW out the way DW forced him out.
5. Is he the GM or just 'Head of Football Operations' which is not necessarily the same thing?
6. Bye bye Jay (opps I already said this but it's exciting to say)
7. Go Phins!!!

He's not GM guys. And there's no word yet on who is. Spielman's name is out there but we still don't know. They still may hire Mueller or Savage or Thompson. But I agree with you xuinva...this won't look good if they interviewed all these guys and end up giving the job to Spielman. No knock on the guy but they interviewed quite a few guys with good track records and more experience.
I don't know.......

WHAT THE ****!!!!!!

THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!

WHAT THE ****!!!!

Hank is saying that this is very specifically Head of Football Operations. Like an heir-apparent to Eddie Jones. So, does Spielman become GM and Dan stays in a figurehead-type position? And maybe even Wolf on as a consultant, even though Hank disputes that?

Why is everyone so sure Marino can't do the job?

Hell, he played the game!! These suits running around never touched a ball except to pose with a draft pick.

I think he knows offense as well as anyone. I think he reads defenses and knows strategy very well. Why should we believe this is a disaster?

Hell this is Football operations. It's personnel, it's playing football. And Marino knows the game.

I think its an awesome move.

Personally, I think this is great. I'm not 100% sold that he will do a great job, but I'm 100% sure he'll work hard to do his best. All hail the great Dolphin Dan Marino.:hail: :allhail: :allhail: :allhail:

I dont know I think it may be a good thing. He might not be the numbers guy but if hes a talent, player evaluation guy. And if he gets rid of Fiedler. It might be a good move.

What a great move, it keeps Dan in the run for a ring. It keeps our problems in the family. And which of these upcoming rookie QB's whouldn't want to play forDan the Man, and see if they can learn a thing or two. We also need the offensive pick me up, and he is a great judge of talent.

Back
Top Bottom