Merged 3x: Dan Marino Is Gm | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x: Dan Marino Is Gm

^Yep, Pasquerreli was just on ESPN News

Originally posted by xiidaen
I've started to calm down a bit, and I think I can see somewhat of what they were thinking. I'm making the assumption here that Wolf is accepting the consulting position.

I think this primarily comes down to the first choice, Wolf, refusing the job. At that point, I suspect no one seemed to have the right mix of skill and experience, and be willing to work with DW as WH has decreed. The exception to this would be Rick Spielman, who is considered by many to be an up and coming young star, has said he can work with Wolf, and can work with Wanny.

The problem here, from a business perspective, is the fans. All along the concern has been that the fans would see promoting RS as simply the same old system with a new coat of paint, and those fans already upset to see Wanny stay would be even more outraged.

So, the club leaks stories about picks Speilman wanted over DW's objectons that would be more popular with the fan base, and brings in arguably the most loved Phin in the teams history as an attempt to reconcile the fans back to the team and regain support

In the meantime, they hold on to RS (considered a lock to leave otherwise) and have him trained at the side of Wolf - a person they feel is the best in the business.

This could work out better than I believed at first.

I have similiar thoughts, but what will Marino's role be? Figurehead?

Has Wanny signed his contract yet? I don't think he put his name on the dotted line yet and Danny no likey the Wanny!

Is there a problem getting people to buy tickets in Miami I would have thought you guys would be sold out ever game?

We are, but not for long if we continue to miss the playoffs....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by pats4life

Is there a problem getting people to buy tickets in Miami I would have thought you guys would be sold out ever game?

We sell out every game...........Wayne is just a celebrity whore.

Well well well, the guy who got rid of the best QB in history now has to report to that same guy as his boss. How sweet!

Wanny made the right call. Marino was on the decline and it was time for change. At least Wanny had showed respect for our legends Marino and Shula while JJ made them look like garbage.

I'm in shock right now, and I just saw it on Channel 6. Unquestionably the boldest/riskiest move in Phinz history....

I'll wait and pass judgement after I see what Dan is going to focus on. I'm excited for some reason, I don't know why, but I am!!!:D

Welcome Back Danny!!!:band: :ally:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

I'm shocked!!!!! - WOW, what curveball thrown by WH.

It's the Vermeil/Parcells/Gibbs retro cure gone bad? - One thing about WH - he knows this will sell tickets. For the time being atleat.

Dan's one responsibilty will be to find that QB we've been waiting for. But could you imagine playing QB for Marino. Having maybe the best passer ever choose YOU from all that is available. That could be more difficult than following his legacy. YOU are now HIS legacy. Just imagine the stress.

I'm still in awe...I'm not sure unless like some of you guys stated that, wolf signed on as consultant, Spielman stays put,..then I can swallow this a lot easier...But Dan has too much pride to be just a figure head, so I'm really wandering about this, and how it will work.

Having lived in

Originally posted by pats4life

Pats -

North Miami for years, I know for a fact that the Dolfans only go to the games when the Dolphins are winning. When they lose, they quit the team. I remember many a time, sitting down to watch the game, and I found that the tickets were not sold out, so there was a local blackout. One other thing is that there are many, many other teams' fans living in Miami too (probably more Jets fans than there are in NY/NJ).

It's really hard for die hard Dolfans living in South Florida.

The subject of Marino not likeing Dave is overplayed.

They've said on more than one occasion that they like and respect each other. It's not like Danny was in his prime when Wanny told him he could come back, but he had to compete for his job. Father time caught up to Dan in a big way that last year and Dan knew it.

Ron Wolf is the key. This is just to make keeping Spielman and not hiring someone from the outside a little easier for the fans to swallow. I mean really, what qualifications does Dan have? Don't get me wrong because I LOVE DAN MARINO. But please. How can they honestly make this move? It's about money. If they get Ron wolf I'll be a little more happy.

Back
Top Bottom