Merged 3x:Taylor extends deal 3 more years!!!!/thru 2009/new contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x:Taylor extends deal 3 more years!!!!/thru 2009/new contract

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Taylor extends deal 3 more years!!!!

Dolphins | Taylor Extends Deal Three-years - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:01:23 -0800

Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports the Miami Dolphins and DE Jason Taylor have agreed to a new deal, extending his previous contract by three years and making him the second highest-paid defensive end in the NFL. The deal extends his contract through 2009, while lowering his salary-cap number by a significant seven-figure amount. While the financial terms of the deal are not known, Taylor does make a significant amount of new money in it.

Well, we knew that was coming but that is always good news! 2009? Wow I wonder what his cap number will be come that year.

and more good news...

They have also talked to the agent for Ricky Williams about re-doing his deal, rewarding him for his Dolphins tenure to date.

Keen. Now if we could only get them to restructure ticket prices to fit into the fans salary cap...

I like the way things are looking for our free agent spending :hi5:

Originally posted by Samphin
Keen. Now if we could only get them to restructure ticket prices to fit into the fans salary cap...
there is no fan cap, only a luxury tax :tongue:

JT extended through 2009

The article said that it's gonna save 7 figures but didn't give specifics.
Taylor extended

Originally posted by Samphin

Why? I heard they are among the lowest in the league or at worst around average. I wouldn't be complaining about ticket prices.

cool, maybe we can get 1 or 2 o-linemen after all.I'd be happy with Woody and Villarial.

Ozzy rules!!

Jason Taylor contract extended - millions in cap space saved

It looks like our GM is making the right moves for a big FA run. Taylor and Zach are locked up for the remainder of their careers and we're looking good.

Back
Top Bottom