Merged 3x:Taylor extends deal 3 more years!!!!/thru 2009/new contract | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 3x:Taylor extends deal 3 more years!!!!/thru 2009/new contract

The Ap are reporting Taylors new contract deal will save $4 million off of this years cap.

Now only if we could get Madison's salary way down.

Clump does his best work here, while being at work there. :lol: Lousy hospitals not being busy enough eh?

Anyhow. If the above report is true and Taylor's restructure saves us four mil against this year's cap. What does that put us at? 10 million under before tenders and rookie money? Would that give us about six or seven million to play with come wednesday?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
both Taylor and Thomas better be able to play for at least 4 more seasons at a high level because theu each have a TON of amortization.

Hmmm.......came together quickly.

All Miami did is guarantee most of his salary in 2004 and add 3 yrs to the deal to spread out the signing bonus. They did the same thing with Mare. They now have added nearly $6 million of amortization (i.e. cap space) to 2005 that cannot be changed.

they merely did a "simple restructure" and desperate teams use this often :rolleyes:

When the boss gives you an ultimatum to win now you mortgage the future and hope this will be the year. One "good" thing for next year is all the unusable 2004 dead money will be freed up for 2005.
As for Thomas, Taylor, etc., I'm more worried about a career ending injury than a sudden drop in their performance.

Originally posted by Eshlemon

When the boss gives you an ultimatum to win now you mortgage the future and hope this will be the year. One "good" thing for next year is all the unusable 2004 dead money will be freed up for 2005.
As for Thomas, Taylor, etc., I'm more worried about a career ending injury than a sudden drop in their performance.

Your last sentence is exactly my point. Taylor has been remarkably healthy in his career but the same cannot be said for Thomas.

Mortgage the future? To a degree, yes. that's true. Miami will be looking at a similiar situation next off-season but will not be able to restructure players like Taylor or Thomas to clear cap space.

Clump, by next year though, we will have a freshly won Super Bowl Ring so we won't care! :lol: One can dream right?

How much would Miami save if they cut Seau after the 2004 season??

He more than likely will be gone after this season. No cap reason behind my opinion but just common sense.

Clump, who more than likely will be cap cuts for the 2005 off-season??

I know it's far ahead, but I find it interesting.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
How much would Miami save if they cut Seau after the 2004 season??

He more than likely will be gone after this season. No cap reason behind my opinion but just common sense.

Clump, who more than likely will be cap cuts for the 2005 off-season??

I know it's far ahead, but I find it interesting.

I'll answer the Seau question when I get home....I didn't bring my spreadsheets to work :(

Seau, Madison, Thompson, D. Bowens

i think anyone who doubts JT and his contract is just jealous he isnt wearin there colors next year...... he is the dan marino of our historicly aclaimed defense babie........ as former DE myself, he is the greatest all around De in the league and he gives every bit of that 245 frame on each play... u gotta love it..... and well Zach Thomas and his pro bowls need i say anymore... The Inlaws babie ballin it up like outlaws oh yeah

Originally posted by VaFinFan
i think anyone who doubts JT and his contract is just jealous he isnt wearin there colors next year...... he is the dan marino of our historicly aclaimed defense babie........ as former DE myself, he is the greatest all around De in the league and he gives every bit of that 245 frame on each play... u gotta love it..... and well Zach Thomas and his pro bowls need i say anymore... The Inlaws babie ballin it up like outlaws oh yeah

English please next time, thanks :up:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

Your last sentence is exactly my point. Taylor has been remarkably healthy in his career but the same cannot be said for Thomas.

Mortgage the future? To a degree, yes. that's true. Miami will be looking at a similiar situation next off-season but will not be able to restructure players like Taylor or Thomas to clear cap space.

Thomas isn't exactly Dan Morgan...missing 8 games in 8 years (5 of them in 2000) is pretty damn stout for a MLB.
As for next year,that's why we should cut Madison this year. A team doesn't need 2 high priced cornerbacks to win a superbowl...NE's done it twice with Law and two barely average CB's in Poole/O. Smith. And with the market flooded with CB's we should be able to find a mid-range priced CB.

Back
Top Bottom