Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead

Thats terrible. One of the classiest coaches/people in the league and hes got to deal with this. I can only imagine how much worse its going to be when he gets asked about it 568468765 times as the colts advance through the playoffs.

Nappy Roots said:
doubt it.

you doubt that it was suicide? I've read on multiple sources:

1) no foul play is suspected
2) the girlfriend found him
3) they are awaiting a coroner's report to make the statement

I've heard on multiple sites, including this one

1) that it was an obvious suicide
2) that he asphyxiated and rope was found

Now the last two are internet hearsay, but I've got to tell you, it adds up to being a 98% open/shut case of suicide. I'd be curious to know where your doubts lie?

As a father , as many of us who spend so much time here are, the news of someone, anyone, any parent losing their child strikes very deep. Because it was Tony Dungy, we all get to read and hear about it. There is no way to understand the pain the Dungy family is going through...but I think we should all hug our children just a little longer tonight, because that is what any parent who lost a child would say to do.

It's so sad that he was on the verge of having one of the happiest years of his life, with the Colts possibly bringing him his life's dream of a Super bowl victory and now all that joy that awaited him will be gone. So sad

vt_dolfan said:

because i doubt a philly radio will have the report already. Autopsy prolly hasnt even been performed yet. doubt info will leak today at all.

Nappy Roots said:
doubt it.

It's hard for me to believe as well, however, it's sounding more and more likely. Some of the local radio stations are even starting to suspect the same. I hate for this to happen regardless of the reason, but it's hard for me to believe suicide as well knowing this family. They won't know for sure until tomorrow sometime.

greatwade said:
1) that it was an obvious suicide
2) that he asphyxiated and rope was found

which is lies. i dont doubt it being a suicide, cause i didnt know the kid. but autopsy aint even done yet.

They said they won't confirm the cause of death until an autopsy has been conducted.

But heartbreaking news. Thoughts go out to his family.

I heard James Brown talking about it on Sporting News Radio,,,,JB is a close friend of Tony Dungy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
:(

Really...the cause at this point...is not relevant. First and foremost should be thoughts towards the family.

I will say this however....

Its amazing that with the Internet, you can hear about the death of a person, and within hours have access to their lives through something such as myspace. Im not saying its wrong to look there, as I myself did. You get a glimpse into the mind of a person so quickly now. After reading it, you almost feel ashamed, like your invading someones privacy. Then again, if its posted on the Internet, its not really private. But it makes you wonder looking at this site, if your reading about a person truly hurting. Some of his statements on that site, really make you wonder. The Internet is changing the way we think about things like never before....I suppose if we can all learn from this...that is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom