Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4x: Breaking News: Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead

that myspace is weird....I am a father of four, I have 14 year old...my heart goeas out to Tony...but it seems some of our African American children get caught up on this gangster, weed smoking tough guy thing and I know Tony didn't raise him like that - many of our children have low self esteem - as great a guy Tony is, I can only assume that he was always away from home being busy with football...these young men need a strong mentor figure - I'm taking notes and I learned from this that I need to step my game up as a dad....his dad was successful, he was 6-7", handsome (no I am not gay), taking classes, had a girlfriend, yet he like many other privileged kids take their life.

It really is sad, wish I had the answer...R.I.P. JAMES DUNGY!!

kcbrown said:
that myspace is weird....I am a father of four, I have 14 year old...my heart goeas out to Tony...but it seems some of our African American children get caught up on this gangster, weed smoking tough guy thing and I know Tony didn't raise him like that - many of our children have low self esteem - as great a guy Tony is, I can only assume that he was always away from home being busy with football...these young men need a strong mentor figure - I'm taking notes and I learned from this that I need to step my game up as a dad....his dad was successful, he was 6-7", handsome (no I am not gay), taking classes, had a girlfriend, yet he like many other privileged kids take their life.

You are so right....we all need to learn from this.

A terrible tragedy for the Dungy family.My prayers go out to him and his family.RIP.

I will be pulling for his Colts to win the SB.I was going to do it anyway as I believe the best team should win it and they are that this year.

So sorry for Dungy and family...
I feel for him

When the news first broke, I thought drug over dose. But now it appears to be suicide. Suicide is the most painful thing for the family. The second guessing.

kcbrown said:

your right. beside the weed smoking, which tons of people do, hes from a rich family, with gang stuff on his myspace, guns, and a bandana. extremely weird it is.

The gang stuff is just him identifying his alienation from society. For reasons known only to him he felt alienated to a severe degree, more so than most kids. Maybe it was the expectations, maybe it was a certain isolation, who knows. Truly tragic when life becomes so dark for some

My prayers to the Dungy family.

And if it was truly a suicide, it changes a whole lot about the direction of sympathy.

The myspace was a bunch of gang symbols, and weed symbols.

but last comment he left on someones myspace was

"Aint talking 2 nobody n e more"

If he did kill himself then I dont feel for him. However I do feel for those he left behind. Call me cruel but thats how I see it.

Back
Top Bottom