Merged 4X: Bye Bye Troy! (Pats didn't re-sign Troy Brown)/Troy Brown Released? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 4X: Bye Bye Troy! (Pats didn't re-sign Troy Brown)/Troy Brown Released?

Ok... look... Troy Brown doesn't equal Miami Dolphins. Never has. So, ask yourself... does this belong in the Miami Dolphins forum or the AFC East forum where there are three other posts about this same subject. This is being moved and merged. Thank you.

If you think about it..

The patriots releasing Troy Brown affects the phins since we play the patriots twice a year. SO technically, it does belong in a Phin Board.

Maybe we can pick him up to replace Surtain.

:tongue:

Yeah there was a post on it about 3 hours ago...there goes
the Pat's so called Dynasty.

I won't yell, don't worry.

I think that this was kind of expected. He has been a mediocre player for a few years now, being fully supplanted by Branch as their #1. They're a team that will replace him, although this may mean that they could be eyeing a WR in the draft.

Roman529 said:
Yeah there was a post on it about 3 hours ago...there goes
the Pat's so called Dynasty.

ooops......sorry forgot to do a search. I was on the phone with my friend who's a Pat's fan...he's pretty livid about it.

WOw i dont think the Patriots are going to be Super Bowl Champs next year. They already released Roman Phifer, Tedy Bruschi will probably retire, now they are releasing Troy Brown. Who are they going to release NEXT??

ItalianDolFan said:
WOw i dont think the Patriots are going to be Super Bowl Champs next year. They already released Roman Phifer, Tedy Bruschi will probably retire, now they are releasing Troy Brown. Who are they going to release NEXT??

Oh and don't forget Earthwind Moreland....who's going to play CB? :roflmao:

thatrutho7 said:
If you think about it..

The patriots releasing Troy Brown affects the phins since we play the patriots twice a year. SO technically, it does belong in a Phin Board.

No it doesn't. It belongs in the AFC east forum.

Good player, but not worth the $5.7 million cap fiture at 32 years of age.

Wouldn't be shocked if Brown retires.

...and no, I don't think the Patriots are "coming apart at the seems".

they will just plug in another guy and it will probably work. maybe PK sam will step up. im hoping im wrong

Troy Brown is a free agent

From ESPN.com:

"New England Patriots wide receiver Troy Brown, who sacrificed incentive bonus money to help out in the injury-depleted secondary, failed to reach a new contract agreement with the team and will become a free agent after midnight on Tuesday. His contract had an option bonus of $2.5 million due Tuesday along with a $2.5 million base salary. The team wasn't going to pay him $5 million this season for cap reasons so each side was trying to work on the right number.

That didn't happen, so he is available to any other team wanting to sign him. Brown has had a remarkable 12-year career that included a Pro Bowl season in 2001 and several key seasons during the team's run to three Super Bowls in four years.

Brown symbolized the team concept because of his willingness to be good on offense, special teams and defense. He was the Patriots punt returner. The big story this year happened during training camp when he was asked to try the cornerback position.

Injuries to starting cornerbacks Tyrone Poole and Ty Law forced Brown to become the team's nickel cornerback, which he played surprisingly well."

Troy Brown is a great guy to have on a team. He did everything the coaches asked and did it well. Although he's getting up there in years, he'd still be a good #2. Would he be a good fit in Miami? Possibly. I'm still not sure whether Chris Chambers is a #1 or #2 guy, althought playing with lousy quarterbacks hasn't helped to showcase his skills.

I don't think we'll sign Brown because even though he's in his twelfth year, he'll still command more money than we'd be willing to play. That being said, I think if he goes to a team with a good QB and offense, he could catch 40 balls for 500 yards and 4 TDs.

Back
Top Bottom