(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe

Sorry guys, it was my PC saving my old write ups. Changed the title, relax.

Here is the deal I was not gonna post this cause there is no guarantee Miami actually signs Atogwe, everything till now has been speculation from the media. This morning I received an email from the same source that leaked me the news of Procter signing with Miami.

He has informed that unless the Rams make a final push in the next 24 hours Atogwe will hit free agency. When Atogwe hits FA on tuesday the Dolphins are heavily rumored among the media to make a strong push to sign him. He says talk will begin the moment he is released if they have not begun already. It was also brought to my attention that other teams could bid on OJ services, but not one team has been more linked to him than Miami. Mentioned were the Cowboys, Jaguars, 49ers, Eagles & Bears. In the case that other teams are interested a bidding war could happen.

Like I said not guarantee on anything, just what has been passed along to me. Like I said with the Marshall rumors & Procter rumos, lets sit back and see how things playout. The Rams still have the ball on their court. This is real interesting news.

Rumor: Dolphins & Lions in discussions for Ronnie Brown

:confused:

I hear all the talk about getting OJ, but just how good is he?? I did not see any Rams games and only heard his name mentioned a few times all year long. Is everyone on the OJ bandwagon just because of hype??

Can you just merge all the threads for Otogwe into one? You must have made 30 different threads saying the exact same thing everytime.

Can you just merge all the threads for Otogwe into one? You must have made 30 different threads saying the exact same thing everytime.

It is not up to me. I have asked the mods to do it, but they have not, I can't do anything about it.

Very well then. Thanks for the update. We will have to see, I think Miami rather go with the young crop we have now, help building a future rather than signing Atogwe. Atogwe has an injured history and its not injuries that are taken lightly on top of being 30 years old. Yes, he is good, but how many years can we depend on him for? 2-4?

Rather have Clemons win it. He's been with the same secondary for a year on top of developing chemistry with his defense and if he pans out can give us 8-10 years of stability within the secondary with Vontae and Sean Smith.

Very well then. Thanks for the update. We will have to see, I think Miami rather go with the young crop we have now, help building a future rather than signing Atogwe. Atogwe has an injured history and its not injuries that are taken lightly on top of being 30 years old. Yes, he is good, but how many years can we depend on him for? 2-4?

Rather have Clemons win it. He's been with the same secondary for a year on top of developing chemistry with his defense and if he pans out can give us 8-10 years of stability within the secondary with Vontae and Sean Smith.

I don't want to contradict what I just wrote, but I am just the messenger and I am allowed to my opinion. You would think the Fins would sit down in the next hours and days to review what they have seen from their FS position at OTA and make a decision. I don't like the fact the Jones did not see anytime with the First team, it tells me he might not be ready. Clemons had an impressive first day of camp, but that is nothing new. Last year in OTAs Clemons was being praised as well.

The fact Miami went after Rolle, Clark & contacted Indy about Bethea tells me they want to improve at the position and Jones not sharing anytime with the first team tells me nothing has changed their minds. I posted a story months ago by Barry Jackson saying that Clemons was not viewed as a possible future starter. Atogwe is 29 and the guy is a master at causing turnovers, I think he could really help the situation especially Davis & Smith. A veteran at Safety is something Nolan prefers, but again will see a lot of things can happen.

I hear all the talk about getting OJ, but just how good is he?? I did not see any Rams games and only heard his name mentioned a few times all year long. Is everyone on the OJ bandwagon just because of hype??

I posted this before..

There are very few proven ball-hawking free safeties, and OJ Atogwe is one of them.

Looking at interception numbers for free safeties in the last 4 years, 4 names stand out: Ed Reed (24), OJ Atogwe (18), Darren Sharper (18), Nick Collins (16).

But what makes OJ Atogwe special is that in that time frame, he also has an unbelievable 14 forced fumbles, while the other 3 guys barely have any.

In 4 years, Atogwe has an incredible 18 interceptions and 14 forced fumbles. He's a wrecking machine, creating non-stop turnovers.

A lot of teams are going to be bidding for Atogwe in free agency. If we want him, we're going to have to pay a ridiculous amount of money.

I'm with you on this...I have no idea why people want Otagwe so much. It sounds just like it did last year when we got Gerbil Wilson...look at how he turned out.

He is only 28 going to be 29. This is his first year of being injured from what I know, not sure where this "injured history" is coming from.

Good thing we just recently saved 6 million dollars with Smiley and Torbor gone. Think Tyron Culver will be next if they do sign Atogwe.

And this is football...probably 85% of starting players get injured at some point. You really can't worry about it.

And this is not another Gibril Wilson, the Raiders released him for a reason in 2009. Dolphins were just hoping they could get him to where he was with the Giants.

Guys I am trying to get confirmation on this, from another source. The moment I do I will let you guys know.

I'm with you on this...I have no idea why people want Otagwe so much. It sounds just like it did last year when we got Gerbil Wilson...look at how he turned out.

Imo i dont think their situations are similar at all except both at one point were a decent name. wilson was a castoff that has now again become a castoff. OJ is a proven commodity that the rams simply cannot afford. i would love this signing as i feel its one of only two real weak spots on our team which is NT.

Back
Top Bottom