(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe

How is that funny? None of those reporters ever played at a high level and its almost hilarious that Armando and Kelly think their opinion actually carries merit. But I'm not surprised due to the fact that people think they know what they are talking about.

It's called access. Something fans don't typically have. Adam Schefter never played at a "high level", but he has access.

How is that funny? None of those reporters ever played at a high level and its almost hilarious that Armando and Kelly think their opinion actually carries merit. But I'm not surprised due to the fact that people think they know what they are talking about.

I was not laughing at you I was laughing at the comment. I personally think they do a great job, I only wish they were on top of their game more. Are they coaches or football guys, absolutely not, but they are able to spectate things me and you never will. I do agree on one thing they should only report what they see and stop talking like they were running the Fins. Sometimes especially Armando, they get mad cause the team will not make moves they believe will help the team. Just don't be so harsh, that is all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but to trade him he would have to sign his tender which he has no intention on doing.

You are correct, they cannot trade him or it would have happened already.

Correct me if I'm wrong but to trade him he would have to sign his tender which he has no intention on doing.
I don't think Miami would trade for him, since he will be a free agent this Tuesday. I don't think they would want to give up more picks and another big contract. I think they will take their chance with him on the market and just simply hope their offer beats everyone else.

Still though, a trade would be possible even though he hasn't signed his tender. If Miami and St. Louis worked out a trade, then Atogwe would likely sign it so he can get traded. Miami then would turn around and sign him to a long term deal. That is exactly what happened with Brandon Marshall. He signed his tender with the Broncos, the next day he was in Miami inking a big contract. Marshall only signed his tender because he knew he was getting traded.

Your absolutely right. Also if a team wanted him so bad why they did not try to trade for him before or sign him. 16 points have been brought up before, but with no offense to him I just don't see a team spending a pick on player who is likely to be released in the next 24 hours. The only way Atogwe remains a ram is if the agree to pay him 7 million this year and everything I have read says the Rams don't want to spend that type of money on him.

The only way Atogwe could be traded is if the Rams upped his current tender of 1.2 million dollars to the appropriate tender amount of 110% of last years salary, thats mandatory under the current CBA rules, no way around it. The tender offered Atogwe is no where near that amount and thats why its not signed and thats why on Tues. Unless they come to an agreement, he is an UFA. They can also use the Franchis tag on him to keep him but again, it must be at least 110% of 2009 salary. You would have to be a fool to think he would sign a tender for 1.2 million dollars just to be traded when all he has to do is wait another 48 hrs and he is free to sign with whoever he so chooses.

The better players for the Rams would all depart if they had the same chance Atogwe does, its pitiful up there.

I don't think Miami would trade for him, since he will be a free agent this Tuesday. I don't think they would want to give up more picks and another big contract. I think they will take their chance with him on the market and just simply hope their offer beats everyone else.

Still though, a trade would be possible even though he hasn't signed his tender. If Miami and St. Louis worked out a trade, then Atogwe would likely sign it so he can get traded. Miami then would turn around and sign him to a long term deal. That is exactly what happened with Brandon Marshall. He signed his tender with the Broncos, the next day he was in Miami inking a big contract. Marshall only signed his tender because he knew he was getting traded.

OJ Atogwe is not a Brandon Marshal type player at all. Good, yes, Pro Bowl material ? No.

ok, but does chicago have an internal cap? They gave alot of guarenteed $$ to peppers, if not than id expect a bidding war between da bears and miami.

OJ Atogwe has no connection to Lovie Smith at all. Lovie Smith was out of the Rams organization 2 years before Atogwe was even drafted.

OJ Atogwe has no connection to Lovie Smith at all. Lovie Smith was out of the Rams organization 2 years before Atogwe was even drafted.

Your right UHHS, for some reason I thought he was still in St. Louis when they drafted O.J.

Back
Top Bottom