(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe

Ok, you have posted the same article about 15 times. No one knows if the Dolphins will go after OJ, especially Armando. No one within the Dolphins organization cares about "telling" Armando or Darlington or Kelly what their plans are for free agents. Its more speculating, and unless you have direct quotes from the Coach, Ireland, or Tuna, please stop posting the same speculation article.

Why doed everyne want him so bad? My biggest quarl is that he will be 30 soon. I know he is a great player, however I'm not so sure paying a boatload of cash for a 30 year old is a good idea. He's entering the twilight of his career

Why doed everyne want him so bad? My biggest quarl is that he will be 30 soon. I know he is a great player, however I'm not so sure paying a boatload of cash for a 30 year old is a good idea. He's entering the twilight of his career

Yes he is going to be 30 soon. Bu his years in the NFL are shorter than most 30 year olds so his body isn't as beats up.

Swell ... the Great Cornholio casts his all-seeing eye on the future!!

He'll predict anything for a couple blog hits!!

do you guys actually like this guy as a miami beat writer? because it appears to me that someone just found the biggest homer fins fan they could and gave him a pen, some paper, and a job.

You know he is going to want more than what Rolle got...

Insane money

I think the releasing of Torbor this early is clear indication we're in the hunt. The only surprise I'd have is if we haven't already had under the table talks with his agent.

I think the releasing of Torbor this early is clear indication we're in the hunt. The only surprise I'd have is if we haven't already had under the table talks with his agent.

Or possibly the fact that we have 11 LBs on our roster, we drafted 4, and Torbor is going to make 3.1 million dollars for being a Special Teamer and Backup. Just a theory though.

I use clemons on madden and hes pretty good LOL

I use the FS as the player I control, and it helps a lot in run D. But Clemons isn't sufficient as a tackler, so I usually switch Bell to FS. Atogwe would be a nice addition to the Miami roster - both in Madden and real life.

This no confirmation of any sort, but this morning I received an email from a person I trust in the business that the release of Torbor is a clear sign that Miami is preparing themselves to make a run. I wrote back asking for them to confirm to me that Miami would sign, but the source says that until june 1st everything right now is speculation. He says Miami is interested and wants him, but he has to be a free agent.

how could anyone within miami confirm that atogwe would sign with us when they don't even know what kind of interest and money is gonna be offered to atogwe should he come free from other clubs???

honestly, trying to get confirmation that "atogwe would sign" at this stage is pure speculation and impossible...

if its only gonna be a certain dollar amount of interest that we show should he come free i'm hard pressed to think a team like dallas who doesn't worry about the size of the contract money wise all that much wouldn't trump us in a heartbeat...

i don't want to be rude either but there's also a new thread for every snippet of rumor, bs, even one word difference in title of every topic out there...couldn't some of these things be combined...

and just leave the bleacher report out its a joke...

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

and armando absolutely loves to throw crap on the wall and see if it sticks...

I'd love for them to sign him but again this looks like a local writer stirring up the pot without significant information. He's reiterating that apparently he told us all months ago that Miami would be players for O.J. Atogwe once/if he gets released. But, he doesn't know how interested they'll be ($$$).

Well, that doesn't tell us anything new, does it? He's saying the same thing he said months ago and what he's saying is that Atogwe will be a guy the Dolphins like but may or may not make a competitive bid for. Uhhh, again, says nothing.

Now if Finatic8480 is right then he's the one reporting new things. Armando's just sitting on the fence and Omar is doing the same.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

how could anyone within miami confirm that atogwe would sign with us when they don't even know what kind of interest and money is gonna be offered to atogwe should he come free from other clubs???

honestly, trying to get confirmation that "atogwe would sign" at this stage is pure speculation and impossible...

if its only gonna be a certain dollar amount of interest that we show should he come free i'm hard pressed to think a team like dallas who doesn't worry about the size of the contract money wise all that much wouldn't trump us in a heartbeat...

i don't want to be rude either but there's also a new thread for every snippet of rumor, bs, even one word difference in title of every topic out there...couldn't some of these things be combined...

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

You have to remember that Atogwe WAS a restricted free agent. He was free to talk to whatever teams he wanted to and those teams were free to talk to him. It's not unreasonable to expect that during that period when communication was free and open, both Atogwe's agent and other NFL teams came to an understanding of what it'll take to make Atogwe their own.

If this FO wants him badly...this offseason has proven that they will do what it takes to get him. Clarke wasn't worth the money, if they feel Atogwe is....they will pay or even overpay a little to get him.

Yes, he's getting old, but he's also a proven player at a time when nobody else is available. He'll get top money, and our FO not only doesn't give top money to old players, they just don't like old players.

BTW, emeraldfin, great picture of Jonás.

I agree, mods need to make an Official Atogwe thread, like that we can post all news pertaining to him there. Like I said my source said he cannot guarantee me anything, but the Torbor release is an indication. He also pointed out the release of Smiley. His own words were everyone expects Miami to make a move, but until Atogwe is a free agent there will be no confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom