(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged 4x) Rumor: Dolphins seriously interested in Atogwe

If, and thats a big if, we get him, i feel our team now becomes almost unstoppable. Where would our weak spot be? We would have improved an 7-9 team that had the two superbowl teams on the ropes at almost every position. We were within a touchdown Indy, New England, Buffalo, Tennesse, Huston, and Pitsburg, we had a good team that couldnt quite get over the hump last year. This year:

-Sean Smith and Vontae Davis wil have improved greatly with the experience they got.
-Our WR core improved tremendously with the addition of Marshall which helps hartline and Bess grow and the subtraction of Ted the Softy.
-Chad Henne should improve having more weapons and a true #1 WR, also a season of experience and a offseason full of work.
-Our Oline got stronger, nastier, and younger with the additions of Jon Jerry, Icognito, and Procter and the trading of the older, injury prone, well paid Smiley.
-Depending on Ronnies health, our RB production should improve because we will have legitamite passing threats along with an even better Oline.
-Our Front 3 improved a TON, Starks is going to be a beast NT and we took the worst player on our Dline (soliai) and added the hardworking monster being compared to Seymour (Odrick)
-Our LB corp may be more inexperienced, but they are good as hell. Misi has been recognized as a legit talent and is an allaround player, he also complements Wake extremely well, who is a QB's biggest nightmare. We got Dobbins for depth, but most importantly of all, we added one of the best ILB in the league in Dansby who is now a leader of the defense and a play maker who most believe will bring the best out in the still young Crowder.
-Our Safety situation is still up in the air, we have the consistent and dependable Bell as a lock to start at SS, at FS, we have a battle between Reshard Jones/Culver/Clemons, and possibly the signing of who most believe to be a top 5 FS in Atogwe.

Please show me where im wrong, this team has went from solid to wow with still a possible huge acquistion, sorry for being a little off-topic, but you cant deny that this is getting you excited!

Not really. he stated that the Herald reported months ago the Dolphins will be a player for Atogwe, which I don't seem to remember the article. Armando is just speculatig, as everyone else has when it comes to Atogwe. Title is misleading, just saying.

Exactly. The title made it sound like this was something new...some new development....this is just Armando bringing up old stuff because he can't report a decent new story...

Like in every spot, the best pure footbal player will start, period. Is he the oldest, did he play in another system (4-3), or will he have enough time to learn the playbook, will be factors of minimal consideration. Who, in paper (and only in paper), is better suited to start than Jason Allen, yet noone expects him to. Bring in the better, more experienced player to roam our beach @ FS, cause when push comes to shove, we want opposing teams to think about it twice when airing it out, not gameplan for it!

If, and thats a big if, we get him, i feel our team now becomes almost unstoppable. Where would our weak spot be? We would have improved an 7-9 team that had the two superbowl teams on the ropes at almost every position. We were within a touchdown Indy, New England, Buffalo, Tennesse, Huston, and Pitsburg, we had a good team that couldnt quite get over the hump last year. This year:

-Sean Smith and Vontae Davis wil have improved greatly with the experience they got.
-Our WR core improved tremendously with the addition of Marshall which helps hartline and Bess grow and the subtraction of Ted the Softy.
-Chad Henne should improve having more weapons and a true #1 WR, also a season of experience and a offseason full of work.
-Our Oline got stronger, nastier, and younger with the additions of Jon Jerry, Icognito, and Procter and the trading of the older, injury prone, well paid Smiley.
-Depending on Ronnies health, our RB production should improve because we will have legitamite passing threats along with an even better Oline.
-Our Front 3 improved a TON, Starks is going to be a beast NT and we took the worst player on our Dline (soliai) and added the hardworking monster being compared to Seymour (Odrick)
-Our LB corp may be more inexperienced, but they are good as hell. Misi has been recognized as a legit talent and is an allaround player, he also complements Wake extremely well, who is a QB's biggest nightmare. We got Dobbins for depth, but most importantly of all, we added one of the best ILB in the league in Dansby who is now a leader of the defense and a play maker who most believe will bring the best out in the still young Crowder.
-Our Safety situation is still up in the air, we have the consistent and dependable Bell as a lock to start at SS, at FS, we have a battle between Reshard Jones/Culver/Clemons, and possibly the signing of who most believe to be a top 5 FS in Atogwe.

Please show me where im wrong, this team has went from solid to wow with still a possible huge acquistion, sorry for being a little off-topic, but you cant deny that this is getting you excited!

i would say consistent pass rush pressure from the outside from someone other than cam wake would be the biggest concern and weakness...

Why does everyone keep saying he is old. He turns 29 in June. That still leaves him with easily 4-5 good years of production at the FS position. I would be more worried about his shoulder than his age, but not enough to not sign him if he's available.

Ok, you have posted the same article about 15 times. No one knows if the Dolphins will go after OJ, especially Armando. No one within the Dolphins organization cares about "telling" Armando or Darlington or Kelly what their plans are for free agents. Its more speculating, and unless you have direct quotes from the Coach, Ireland, or Tuna, please stop posting the same speculation article.
I think Miami going after OJ is a no brainer. The question isn't will Miami go after OJ. The question is how hard will they go after him. Personally I hope not very hard. The guy has injury problems.

I think Miami going after OJ is a no brainer. The question isn't will Miami go after OJ. The question is how hard will they go after him. Personally I hope not very hard. The guy has injury problems.

How is it injury problems. It's his first year with injuries. He will be sought after and if Nolan wants a smart vet FS then we might get him.

Atogwe would be the third high profile acquisition for the team this off-season. Atogwe is among the top 5 safeties in football so this move would be huge. Atogwe= Super Bowl Contenders...

Why not just let Jones, Culver and Clemons battle it out for the starting job...that would make the most sense imo.

Why not just let Jones, Culver and Clemons battle it out for the starting job...that would make the most sense imo.

They may not be ready. If they show off then Atogwe may not be needed. But he would easily man the POS. for 5 years.

Guys I hate to inform you that Reshad Jones was seen with a sleeve on his leg and his knee was heavily taped. In the afternoon Amaya took the snaps at safety. Lets hope Reshad's injury is not serious. This is not the way I want us to sign Atogwe.

So letting 3 unproven players battle for a job makes more sense than getting a guy that is a great coverage safety and has 15 picks and 9 forced fumbles in the past 3 years? Riiiiiiight.

ESPN: Bidding war looming for O.J. Atogwe

NFLRumorCentral A bidding war is looming for Oshiomogho Atogwe: http://bit.ly/cRLrJe #dolphins #rams #cowboys #bears #jaguars

New report notes that the Miami Dolphins might make a play for O.J. Atogwe if he becomes available.

www.twitter.com/NFLRumorCentral

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/feat...ttp://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

If someone could post the rest of this story, I would really appreciate it.

On a side note, Im going to be stepping away from the PC for a while, it has been a busy day in Dolphin land. I need a beer and have to spend some time with the faince and dog.

Mods can we please get an OJ Atogwe thread?

Bidding war coming for Atogwe
11:11
AM ET
Oshiomogho Atogwe | Rams | Interested: Raiders?, Browns?, Buccaneers?, Jaguars?, 49ers?, Lions?, Dolphins? Top Email

The saga of St. Louis Rams free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe continues. The last update was that the Rams are still trying to lock O.J. up, but the June 1 deadline -- when the team will have to pay 110 percent of his 2009 salary or release him to unrestricted free agency -- looms. One issue could be financial compensation. Atogwe earned in excess of $6 million in 2009, and some teams might not be interested in paying that much (see ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando's take down below for more on this).

One team that's been floating in the ether as a possibility should he become free of the Rams is the Miami Dolphins. Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel wrote that he will not at all be surprised if the Fins try to sign Atogwe, but he added that he doesn't think they'll be able or willing to pay more than what teams like the Cowboys, Bears or Jaguars might be willing to offer him. Berardino's colleague Omar Kelly had previously speculated that the Fins likely would be interested, given that they were interested last offseason, too, before Atogwe was franchised.

Mike Sando
Price tag could be too high for some
"It's rare to find a young, starting-caliber player available this time of year. Can the Rams re-sign Atogwe to a deal that makes all parties happy, at least in the short term? Atogwe was linked to Miami only in passing, so it's tough to know whether the Dolphins would be serious enough to outbid the team that knows Atogwe best and valued him enough to pay him more than $6.3 million last season."
-ESPN Insider.

Back
Top Bottom