Merged 5x:Breaking NEWS....BENGALS TRADE DILLON TO PATS!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 5x:Breaking NEWS....BENGALS TRADE DILLON TO PATS!!

Yeah, they're talking about it on ESPN's Draft Preview thing now. This move definately pisses me of. There is now no need for Steven Jackson or Kevin Jones.

Imagine that team with Corey Dillon & possibly Lee Evans being added to the offense? New England now has sooooo many options at #21 & #32. The Pats can move up for Wilfork, Hall, or even one of the top receivers. If they keep their picks, they may just wind up with say Lee Evans & Batman Carroll.

:shakeno:

DannyNoonan said:
for a 2nd rounder...yikes!

For a damn 2nd round pick! :eek:

The Patriots coaching and mgmt. team continues to amaze me.
These guys are great at running this team. This move was a steal and it's laughable Cinci would let him for that IMO. That's why the Bengals will always be the Bengals and the Pats are being looked at by some as a potential dynasty team. UGHHHHH!

Dillon is not exactly a great team player that everyone was dying to had. If the Pats gave up a 2nd rder that is all he was worth at best. Good for the Pats in that they can draft anyone they want and good for Dillon since he will get aonther chance, but not necessarily bad for the Phins since we s/not have any issues stopping Dillon with our D

Maybe this will be their downfall. They were really lucky last year squeeking out game after game while the Phins luck went the other way. It's when you seem to have everything that things seem to start going against you. Now with no apparent weakness except maybe WR they could be a paper tiger.

Who cares that they got Dillion. Our D is great agianst the Run so its not like hes gonna murder us. It was a great pickup but no prob. for phins D line

This might bump defense ... and specifically defensive tackle ... a little higher on our draft priority list.

Dont shrug it off like it wasnt a big move, take the blinders off...

This was a fantastic move by the Patriots, some of you are saying the same thing about Dillon that many fans around the country are saying about Boston...

This spells trouble for Miami...

TerryTate said:
This thread will be moved to the "Beasts of the AFC East" Thread shortly, but your thoughts first?

Terry,

the trade just broke 20 minutes ago - isnt it a bit soon to bury this thread in the other forum? Its absolutely relevant to the Dolphins AND the draft. Just had a long conversation with Muck about moving threads too quickly and he agreed with me (great, now Ive incriminated Muck as well :yell: :lol: :cooldude:)

thanks,

Surf

This sucks. I could not believe it when I saw this. That really blows. Dillon on offense and them getting Colvin back on defense. I hate to say it but can you say repeat?

In terms of the present, I'm not worried. Dillon is a fading power back, he's an extremely poor man's LT at this point, a style of back we've trashed in the past.

Odds are, he'll be done before our defensive core is. He's going to be 30 halfway through the season, and looked like a different player last season then any other.

Back
Top Bottom