Merged 6x: Who will give the 1st for O-Gun?/Ogunleye Article /RFAs... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 6x: Who will give the 1st for O-Gun?/Ogunleye Article /RFAs...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think that on draft day Houston will explore the possibility of moving up to the #5 spot to grab safety Sean Taylor. But if trade talks between they and the Redskins fail or if the Giants grab Taylor at #4, then I think we should offer Ogunleye up to the Texans in order to swap from the #20 pick to the #10 pick in order to jump ahead of Pittsburgh in order to draft Rivers or Roethlisberger.

That may seem like a low price for Ogunleye to some of you but its really not. In 2001 Miami offered their first round pick to Green Bay straightup for Matt Hasselback (I think there may have involved a switching of 3rd round picks too). We thought we had a deal but Seattle jumped in and offered their 3rd rounder and 1st rounder (#10 overall), for Matt Hasselback and Green Bay's first rounder (#17 overall).

we will only be able to offer ogunleye to them if no one signs him and we have him back under our franchise tagged contract. The RFA signing period ends days before the draft so that teams can be compensated with this years picks, not the following years.

that being said if we had ogun back at the low franchise tag price, i highly doubt we consider trading him, but instead keep him for a super bowl run since our FO wants to do everything they can to keep him as it is.

I think u can probably forget about two draft picks.

I was searching online and i came to a link that said Ogunleye tops restricted free agents! , and here is a part of the page that says about the dolphins willing ot retain him! "Adewale Ogunleye, defensive end, Miami Dolphins: Ogunleye is an emerging star in the NFL, registering 106 tackles and 24½ sacks over the last two years. He plays opposite Jason Taylor and collected 15 sacks and five passes defended passes in 2003. Ogunleye was an undrafted player out of Indiana, which will force Miami to put a high tender on him, but according to a pair of clubs I spoke with, that will not stop them from making a contract offer. The Dolphins are up against the top of the salary cap, and even though Miami does one of the best jobs in the NFL of managing the cap, a team could construct a deal which would be hard to match. "..

So if they keep him we can forget about the extra first rounder..

That story's been posted here about four times now on different threads. It doesn't say that anything is definite or otherwise, it's simply more speculation as to what may or may not happen. Don't take anything too seriously until free agency begins in a couple of weeks from now.

Yeah thats true.. i havent been here in a while so i didnt know if it was posted four times.. my bad peeps!!

:huh:....What part of that article leads you to believe that Miami will be able to keep O-gun?......If anything, that's just more evidence that he will be gone....and we WILL get another first or more.

Originally posted by inFINSible
:huh:....What part of that article leads you to believe that Miami will be able to keep O-gun?......If anything, that's just more evidence that he will be gone....and we WILL get another first or more.

I agree. We cant offer a high contract that will hurt us to retain him. I think the only way he stays in Miami is if his heart is in Miami. OR he believes we have a real shot at Super Bowl.

BB

Originally posted by inFINSible

thats what i was thinking the whole time i was reading this thread. I guess some people really can spin things any way they want to take them

Folks need to take a quick look at the thread titles before posting to see if an article or idea is in play already or not, -- or we end up with eight different threads based on the same concept. Not just pickin' on you, Phinfan.:) Mods have had to merge threads on this all day. The boards become a big mess in a hurry when the same articles or ideas are being addressed in multiple threads.

oh well i read the entire front page and didnt see anything reguarding this...

Back
Top Bottom