[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

VaFinFan

Starter
Reaction score
Crumpler was just released along with Leftwich from the Falcons today. Im not very high on Leftwich but Crumpler would be a great FA pick up for us this offseason. He is getting up there in years in this league but I dont think he is at all out of his prime. He is a big tight end with great pass catching skills and can run the deep routes with speed. By picking him up we could go for a younger tight end later in the draft or even next year early. I like Shockey but Crumpler is now on my top of FA lists. He is never really hurt and has a great work ethic. What are your thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806b3ace&template=with-video&confirm=true

Byron Leftwhich or Alge Crumpler anyone?

Byron Leftwhich and Alge Crumpler were both released by the Falcons today. Both would fill a need: backup/possible starting QB and TE.

www.nfl.com

wow, im pretty surprised that atlanta would let those guys go.

Of course he could help this team. It seems everyday I'm reminded of another huge hole this team needs to fill... TE is of course another.. Theres quite a few in this draft though, so I may pass on Crumpler and get a guy in the draft, and spend some FA cash on some other important positions

I would take alge for the right price he has been huirt alot

Alge i don't know maybe but Byron Leftwhich is a BUST to the fullest. He can't seem to stay healthy for more than 15 minutes of any game.

No offense, but I am tired of every single name that gets cut being mentioned as someone to possibly play for the Dolphins.

Crumpler is slowing down-his body is starting to break down on him and even though he will be able to be had for less money than he was making with the Falcons, it will still be too much. We are so, so much better off just drafting someone.

I wouldn't mind Crumpler in Miami. Doesn't he signify the "big" that Parcells likes?

Signing Crumpler would be a huge waste. The guy is slowing down big time and he would still command a fair amount of money. A team doing an almost complete rebuild has no need for a guy like Crumpler. Why waste the money when they can just draft someone?

Just because we are 40 million under the cap does not mean we need to run out and just start throwing money at each and every "name" player that gets released.

Please take a look at him. Crumpler is far from broke down and the QB and stupid Petrino system is all that slowed him down. He has more talent in his pinky finger than any TE we have now and we need more than 1 TE. Alge would be a good mentor for someone.

I'd rather have Leftwich than Lemon. Crumpler would also be an upgrade. We could use a starting tight-end, rather than our backup David Martin.

I haven't studied the stats on Crumpler recently, though. Either he's the Keith Jackson that we haven't had at TE in a long time, or he isn't.

Back
Top Bottom