[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

No offense, but I am tired of every single name that gets cut being mentioned as someone to possibly play for the Dolphins.

Crumpler is slowing down-his body is starting to break down on him and even though he will be able to be had for less money than he was making with the Falcons, it will still be too much. We are so, so much better off just drafting someone.
Just to refresh your memory. Like I said if your tired of it don't post or look at it.

Falcons release seven players, including Crumpler

By Pat Yasinskas
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: February 15, 2008, 1:56 PM ET
The Atlanta Falcons continued their franchise makeover in earnest on Friday, releasing tight eend Alge Crumpler, quarterback quarterback Byron Leftwich, offensive tackle Wayne Gandy and four other players.
Teh team also announced it had released cornerback Lewis Sanders, wide receiver Jamin Elliott, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and defensive tackle Rod Coleman.
"This is a difficult day for the entire organization," Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement from the team. "A number of these players have contributed to this organization on and off the field at a high level and we greatly appreciate their efforts. These decisions weren't easy, but we felt they were necessary to build a team in the long-term best interest of the Falcons and its fans."
Crumpler, who just completed his seventh season, all with Atlanta, has 316 career catches for 4,212 yards and 35 touchdowns. He had been with the team since 2001 and was selected to five Pro Bowls.
Leftwich, formerly a starter for the Jacksonville Jaguars, was acquired by the Falcons during the season, was acquired by the Falcons after the Jaguars released him in order to go with David Garrard. He alternated with Joey Harrington as the Falcons' starter last season.

Pat Yasinskas covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

LOLOLOLOLOL this tool works for espn?

I am not fan of Crumpler or Leftwich....they're scraps.

The reality is Crumpler is an big upgrade over any of our current TE. We will probably draft a TE this year, so why not bring in Crumpler while our rookie TE we draft learns the game. Crumpler would do more good than bad in Miami. I say lets bring him in.

You was the one posting "I"M tired of people posting evertime someone is released" I just simply told you how to stay out of it if you have nothing better to say. Don't try to turn that crap on me first of all. Secondly Bill rebuilds team in 2 years and he does that by FA and the DRAFT as well. Y9ouu can't get everyone from the draft and we will compete next year. Sparano won't say lets take a year off and stockpile picks. Alge is far from done.

You have no right to tell me to stay out of it if I have nothing better to say, though. Bottom line, there is no need to have 13 threads that end up merged every time someone is released. Also, I contributed to the conversation in a productive manner in the same exact post, so what's the problem?

A lot of you guys just want to bring in "name" players for the sake of doing so, without even taking a long look at how little it would actually benefit the team in its current state. Even if the Dolphins end up being competitive in two years, then what? Crumpler is 32 and even more broken down. Why not spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on a guy that can grow with the team? It isn't like Crumpler is going to just settle for the veteran minimum right now. You're almost acting like this is Kellen Winslow or Ozzie Newsome in their prime, and it just isn't the case.

Message boards exist to have a discussion. It isn't just "hey, everyone agree with me or don't post". I am just as entitled to post my opinion on why I think spending money on someone like Crumpler would be beyond foolish as you are to post saying it would be a good idea.

You are correct they do exist for discussion. Part of my discussion is that your very wrong and im entitled to say I think your post is dumb. I agree with the fact that you think to many people are wanting older FA's and trying to tie up money on a lot of dead talent. I personally dont want C. Johnson and hope he isnt released. I dont think Faneca would be a smart move and would much rather have his money spent on siging a first day draft pick OL to a long term deal. However Crumpler plays a position that takes up a lot of talent. You must be able to block, run near perfect routes and speed doesnt hurt either. With Crumpler and say a young pick like M. Bennett (T A&M) or Kellen Davis (MSU) you have a great one two punch. You also have young guy learning the position for a good coach and an All pro TE. Then we can let dead wieght go at the position and retain maybe Peele for special situations and Special teams! Also Crumpler is older but its a far stretch to say he is past his prime. Last year he was the only reciever catching balls from J. harrington and the only lineman making pancakes. He was let for money reasons not talent i.e. read Atl's reaction to release of Crumpler. A three or four year contract for 18 mill or so is not going to tie up a lot of money of our already huge cap room!

Message boards exist to have a discussion. It isn't just "hey, everyone agree with me or don't post". I am just as entitled to post my opinion on why I think spending money on someone like Crumpler would be beyond foolish as you are to post saying it would be a good idea.

You are correct they do exist for discussion. Part of my discussion is that your very wrong and im entitled to say I think your post is dumb. I agree with the fact that you think to many people are wanting older FA's and trying to tie up money on a lot of dead talent. I personally dont want C. Johnson and hope he isnt released. I dont think Faneca would be a smart move and would much rather have his money spent on siging a first day draft pick OL to a long term deal. However Crumpler plays a position that takes up a lot of talent. You must be able to block, run near perfect routes and speed doesnt hurt either. With Crumpler and say a young pick like M. Bennett (T A&M) or Kellen Davis (MSU) you have a great one two punch. You also have young guy learning the position for a good coach and an All pro TE. Then we can let dead wieght go at the position and retain maybe Peele for special situations and Special teams! Also Crumpler is older but its a far stretch to say he is past his prime. Last year he was the only reciever catching balls from J. harrington and the only lineman making pancakes. He was let for money reasons not talent i.e. read Atl's reaction to release of Crumpler. A three or four year contract for 18 mill or so is not going to tie up a lot of money of our already huge cap room!

Wow, ok, now my post is dumb. Nice.

Wow, ok, now my post is dumb. Nice.

[mod]No Taunting.[/mod]

You think mine was dumb and I think yours was. Call it a difference of opinion.

You have no right to tell me to stay out of it if I have nothing better to say, though. Bottom line, there is no need to have 13 threads that end up merged every time someone is released. Also, I contributed to the conversation in a productive manner in the same exact post, so what's the problem?

A lot of you guys just want to bring in "name" players for the sake of doing so, without even taking a long look at how little it would actually benefit the team in its current state. Even if the Dolphins end up being competitive in two years, then what? Crumpler is 32 and even more broken down. Why not spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on a guy that can grow with the team? It isn't like Crumpler is going to just settle for the veteran minimum right now. You're almost acting like this is Kellen Winslow or Ozzie Newsome in their prime, and it just isn't the case.
Crumpler is only 30. His birthday is 12/23/77 and is from Greenville N.C. Crumpler is considered by almost everyone but you one of the top TE's in the game. From 04-06 he was the Falcons leading receiver. Note the loss of Vick and arrival of a non-TE coach scheme. He played all his 7 year career (which IMO isn't that long for a TE) in Atlanta. 4 of the 7 years he was in the pro-bowl and is a 2 time all-pro. He caught 316 passes for 4,212 yards with 35 TD's. Yeah your right we should keep what we have.:rolleyes:

i wuldnt mind signing crumpler. then we can use the pick we were gonna use on a TE and use that for another position of need.

Crumpler is only 30. His birthday is 12/23/77 and is from Greenville N.C. Crumpler is considered by almost everyone but you one of the top TE's in the game. From 04-06 he was the Falcons leading receiver. Note the loss of Vick and arrival of a non-TE coach scheme. He played all his 7 year career (which IMO isn't that long for a TE) in Atlanta. 4 of the 7 years he was in the pro-bowl and is a 2 time all-pro. He caught 316 passes for 4,212 yards with 35 TD's. Yeah your right we should keep what we have.:rolleyes:

I never once said we should keep what we have.

Back
Top Bottom