[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

Is he better than what we have? is the only question you have to ask yourself. I'd take Crumpler for a 2-3 mil cap figure for a pretty simple reason... WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO WORK WITH! Pretty simple isnt it?

You can go on and on about we should draft this guy or that guy to fill that need, build through the draft, right? Makes sense but if life we're like that, the Detroit Lions would be a powerhouse by now.

Of the top of my head, we have at least 12 holes to fill for starters position, plus we got to add depth to a team that really sucks. You'll get 3 starters out of an outstanding draft. So maybe we have an exceptionnal draft this year, and get 5 starters out of it, are you gonna fill the seven remaining spots with undrafted free agents?

Rookie will develop alot more when surrounded with talent. Why do you think first pick overall QBs are a crap shot. Thrust me they are all talented players, they just end up on the worst teams in the NFL. And why do you think every players the Freakin pats draft pan out great? because they are well surrounded...

I never once said we should keep what we have.
Better to have Alge to learn from than what we have then. Alge is a professional on and off the feild and has much to teach. 7 years isn't that long for TE's anyways. I say Alge has many years left.

Crumpler is a upgrade at the TE position for the phins. If the $$ is right why not? He could be a big help to young QB

What you have said is we should draft a young guy. That implies we should only have one tight end? Im confused on what you are doing other than b++ching about everyone elses posts. :unsure:

Let it go. You're making a mountain out of a molehill, if anything.

I am in favor of drafting a TE, but I never said we should just stand pat with the guys we have now, or that we should get rid of all of them either. I would rather draft someone and hang on to Peelle, who is at least serviceable, rather than spend on Crumpler. Crumpler is a good player, but like I said before, I question how much he can really benefit the team at this point in his career. It doesn't have as much to do with his actual age as it does with the fact that his body is seemingly starting to fail him more each year and that the Dolphins are in a full on rebuilding mode.

If he would come at a real bargain basement price, then sure, bring him aboard. I just don't think the money he will command will be worth his benefit in the next two seasons.

Let it go. You're making a mountain out of a molehill, if anything.

I am in favor of drafting a TE, but I never said we should just stand pat with the guys we have now, or that we should get rid of all of them either. I would rather draft someone and hang on to Peelle, who is at least serviceable, rather than spend on Crumpler. Crumpler is a good player, but like I said before, I question how much he can really benefit the team at this point in his career. It doesn't have as much to do with his actual age as it does with the fact that his body is seemingly starting to fail him more each year and that the Dolphins are in a full on rebuilding mode.
Where do you get his body is starting to fail him? He lost his QB, went to 2 QB's, with a quitter coach that don't beleive in TE's. Why are you making this stuff up? Their is nothing wrong with his body. He has missed 4 games yes 4 games in 5 years. So tell me how is his body worn down when he led the team in receiving from 04-06. If you don't like him just say it don't make crap up.

I have met Crumpler recently and I can assure you he is still in peak condition.

Where do you get his body is starting to fail him? He lost his QB, went to 2 QB's, with a quitter coach that don't beleive in TE's. Why are you making this stuff up? Their is nothing wrong with his body. He has missed 4 games yes 4 games in 5 years. So tell me how is his body worn down when he led the team in receiving from 04-06. If you don't like him just say it don't make crap up.

LOL. I have nothing at all against the guy. He has been one of my favorite tight ends in the league for a while, actually. Maybe it was just last season, but it seemed like he was nursing injuries all season long. I'm not trying to make anything up and I have no vendetta against him.

LOL. I have nothing at all against the guy. He has been one of my favorite tight ends in the league for a while, actually. Maybe it was just last season, but it seemed like he was nursing injuries all season long. I'm not trying to make anything up and I have no vendetta against him.
Alright then. But the only thing he was nursing was a terrible team with a quitter coach with a pathetic system. They should have done him a favor and let him go last year before Petrino was hired IMO.

Crumpler is not done in this league yet and he is an upgrade over what we have. I say if we can sign him for a 2-3 year deal go for it. We don't have to fill every single hole ( and there are many ) with someone who has 10 years left in the tank. Signing a good veteran like Alge gives us more than one draft to find a young TE while we are concentrating on filling other roster holes.

Leftwich I'm not interested in at all.

No offense, but I am tired of every single name that gets cut being mentioned as someone to possibly play for the Dolphins.

Crumpler is slowing down-his body is starting to break down on him and even though he will be able to be had for less money than he was making with the Falcons, it will still be too much. We are so, so much better off just drafting someone.

you really have to realize that it is different people making each thread....poster A wants player A and poster B wants player B and so on....so now it looks like everyone on the board wants every player....but it is just really that some posters want each player.

as for your 'better off drafting someone' idea.....it would be an ok thought if we had unlimited draft picks...but we don't. We are going to be able to fill some needs through the draft and others will have to be filled in FA. The more we can fill with a proven starter like Crumpler, the less needs we have come draft day and we can draft the best players....and not reach as much to fill needs. Even if we sign some vets as FA...there's always next draft to draft the young TE of the future.

I would be shocked if Parcells isn't all over this. Aside from QB, I think the lack of a TE is probably the thing that keeps him up at night more than anything on this roster.

you really have to realize that it is different people making each thread....poster A wants player A and poster B wants player B and so on....so now it looks like everyone on the board wants every player....but it is just really that some posters want each player.

as for your 'better off drafting someone' idea.....it would be an ok thought if we had unlimited draft picks...but we don't. We are going to be able to fill some needs through the draft and others will have to be filled in FA. The more we can fill with a proven starter like Crumpler, the less needs we have come draft day and we can draft the best players....and not reach as much to fill needs. Even if we sign some vets as FA...there's always next draft to draft the young TE of the future.

I totally understand that, and that is why I was making a general statement. It wasn't at all meant to be an indictment on any specific poster.

I am not just opposed to Alge Crumpler the player, regardless of anything else. I am opposed to, or concerned, rather, about how much money it would cost, and how much he can really benefit a team that probably won't contend for at least two years. I admit he would be a nice safety valve for John Beck, or whoever our QB ends up being.

Back
Top Bottom