[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

Who's #7 in your avatar?
Thats ginn. It was after we drafted him madden made what each drafteer would look like in the new madden game and since Ginn's number was 7 in college thats what they put.

Ok... looked up the stats on Crumpler. He is below average now. Not much better than what we have now.

It's nice to see that we upgraded from Lee + McMichael(1004 Yds + 10 TD) to Martin and Peele (531 Yds + 4 TD).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te.php
Rankings of Dolphins Tight-Ends + Crumpler:
9 - D. Lee
12 - R. McMichael
21 - Crumpler
30 - D. Martin
36 - J. Peele

I think having a go to TE like Alge Crumpler would be a tremendous benefit to the growth of John Beck. A big TE option like him is a QB's dream.

No offense, but I am tired of every single name that gets cut being mentioned as someone to possibly play for the Dolphins.

Crumpler is slowing down-his body is starting to break down on him and even though he will be able to be had for less money than he was making with the Falcons, it will still be too much. We are so, so much better off just drafting someone.

I'm tired of us always talking about potentially picking some of those free agents up, and the organization never doing so.

I'm tired of not being the post-season, and most of all I'm tired never getting what I expect from the front office.

Byron Leftwhich and Alge Crumpler were both released by the Falcons today. Both would fill a need: backup/possible starting QB and TE.

www.nfl.com

Crumpler maybe. As for Leftwhich no, not even as a backup. He might be able to back up at Miami Northwestern, though.

Ok... looked up the stats on Crumpler. He is below average now. Not much better than what we have now.

It's nice to see that we upgraded from Lee + McMichael(1004 Yds + 10 TD) to Martin and Peele (531 Yds + 4 TD).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te.php
Rankings of Dolphins Tight-Ends + Crumpler:
9 - D. Lee
12 - R. McMichael
21 - Crumpler
30 - D. Martin
36 - J. Peele
Now go look at 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, and 2001 wher Alge is in the top 5 mostly and the top ten every year. You throw the year that he lost his QB and got a quitter head coach that don't use TE's out there to show your dislike for the guy. Get over it. You didn't change and knowledgeable posters mind with that crap. 7 years 4 pro bowls 2 all-pros and led the team in receiving 04-06. Jump on them stats.

how about Picking up Alge Crumpler?

He is a pretty good TE and he is a HELL Of ALOT BETTER then any of the TE we have now and he might be half Way Cheap

Thoughts

I agree he would be a great pick up, but now the question is: What is his asking price because the team has more needs other than TE where the money will go, and he was on a losing team in Atlanta will he want to come to Miami where they are rebuilding. I'd like to see him with the Fins but right now more has to happen for me to be confindent it will

Dont know about cheap, but it's certainly worth looking at. This team needs a TE badly, and in other threads we've covered that Bill Parcells loves on his teams a TE who can play. So it's certainly a possibility that they bring him in, or at least another TE because David Martin just cant cut it.

I agree he would be a great pick up, but now the question is: What is his asking price because the team has more needs other than TE where the money will go, and he was on a losing team in Atlanta will he want to come to Miami where they are rebuilding. I'd like to see him with the Fins but right now more has to happen for me to be confindent it will
oh yea i dont want to pay him a Ton of money but i would like to get him

Not sure how cheap he will be. But considering he was cut, how much can he ask for? I always thought he was a great catching TE. Not too sure bout his blocking skills, tho. Would be an immediate upgrade, no doubt!! Sign him up, just don't overspend!:up:

Not sure how cheap he will be. But considering he was cut, how much can he ask for? I always thought he was a great catching TE. Not too sure bout his blocking skills, tho. Would be an immediate upgrade, no doubt!! Sign him up, just don't overspend!:up:
yea i agree i dont want to overpay him

Back
Top Bottom