[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

I totally understand that, and that is why I was making a general statement. It wasn't at all meant to be an indictment on any specific poster.

I am not just opposed to Alge Crumpler the player, regardless of anything else. I am opposed to, or concerned, rather, about how much money it would cost, and how much he can really benefit a team that probably won't contend for at least two years.

IMO, he won't cost that much....the franchise tage for a TE this year is just over 4 million....meaning that's the average of the top-5 at the position. so lets say Alge gets a good TE contract....it's about 3 million per. We have almost 40 million of room!! Where's the negative of paying a proven Pro Bowl player that? IF a TE is available at the right spot in the draft we can still take him. But the better part is....that if there isn't one...we don't have to reach because we neglected the position in FA.

Some of you are downright silly. Many of you have pointed out, "wouldnt you rather draft one?" Sure. But I would also rather draft a QB, WR, OT, OG, DE, DT, ILB, OLB, CB and S! This is a team with MANY needs. And last I checked, we have only 7 draft picks, with only 3 or 4 to be counted on as sure contributors in their first year. Couple with that the fact that we have MEGA cap room. Let me be the first to tell you - we will be active in free agency. No question about it. In fact, I would probably say I would rather draft DEFENSE this year, where we are aging, and address the Offense in free agency, where we lack experience and leadership. A guy like Crumpler would be an ideal fit for a young quarterback.

Sheesh. The way some of you talk you would think we have 20 draft picks on the first day. Doesnt work like that.

IMO, he won't cost that much....the franchise tage for a TE this year is just over 4 million....meaning that's the average of the top-5 at the position. so lets say Alge gets a good TE contract....it's about 3 million per. We have almost 40 million of room!! Where's the negative of paying a proven Pro Bowl player that? IF a TE is available at the right spot in the draft we can still take him. But the better part is....that if there isn't one...we don't have to reach because we neglected the position in FA.

If that's the case, then cool.

If I had to bet money - I would bet on Crumpler being in a fish Uniform next year.
He is a great Te
Huge, sure hands and is everything parcells likes _ see Ben "Winter" Coats and Mark Bavaro
he may be getting a little long in the tooth but he is clearly top 5 -6 TE in the NFL right now today.

Is he better than what we have? is the only question you have to ask yourself. I'd take Crumpler for a 2-3 mil cap figure for a pretty simple reason... WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO WORK WITH! Pretty simple isnt it?

You can go on and on about we should draft this guy or that guy to fill that need, build through the draft, right? Makes sense but if life we're like that, the Detroit Lions would be a powerhouse by now.

Of the top of my head, we have at least 12 holes to fill for starters position, plus we got to add depth to a team that really sucks. You'll get 3 starters out of an outstanding draft. So maybe we have an exceptionnal draft this year, and get 5 starters out of it, are you gonna fill the seven remaining spots with undrafted free agents?

Rookie will develop alot more when surrounded with talent. Why do you think first pick overall QBs are a crap shot. Thrust me they are all talented players, they just end up on the worst teams in the NFL. And why do you think every players the Freakin pats draft pan out great? because they are well surrounded...

Great point. Just to build on that.
The Pats have 5 ex dolphins and all of them looked 50X better there then they did when they played for Miami. Good talen needs good talent around to develop.

Great point. Just to build on that.
The Pats have 5 ex dolphins and all of them looked 50X better there then they did when they played for Miami. Good talen needs good talent around to develop.
Who's #7 in your avatar?

We need to sign Crumpler asap. Yes we need to look at TE in the draft but Crumpler would be a great signing. Also I may get flamed for this but if we could get Gandy for league minimum he would be a great leader on the line.
He is old but still has proven to be a decent starter in this league and is from Haines City Fl. I'm not saying pencil him in as a starter but he would be of value at a low price. I'm not against signing older vets just against paying them big money.

How many of these threads are we going to get? Please people, take a look before starting a new thread on a certain topic. This has to be the 20th thread on this already.

Crumpler got cut?! How come no one else on this site has reported that information?! :rolleyes2:

I again have to state that I dont want Crumpler 30 years old and slowing down because of knee problems, no thank you.
He has missed 4 games in 5 year and has led Atlanta in receiving till last year. BTW that was with the loss of his QB, rotating QB's, and a anti-TE system. He has only played 7 years and 4 of them was pro-bowl years and 2 was all-pro. Meaning he is the best out there and none of the experts seem to know anything about the so-called injury problems you anti-Crumplers keep spewing without evidence.

Back
Top Bottom