[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED 9x] Crumpler and Leftwich released from Atlanta!

Because Peter, Alge is far from done and suffered from the loss of his QB, revolving QB's, a quitter coach, and the quitter coaches pathetic system. You know nothing about Alge so if your tired of seeing threads about every player available don't post in them. You don't even have to look at them.

Atlanta released Crumpler because of his salary and because new OC Mike "I can't believe this guy got another OC job" Mularkey prefers blocking TE that are cheaper than him.

With that said, bring on Crumpler. He's a good TE, and on top of that he's a TAR HEEL!!:up:

sign crumpler today, big tight end great receiver. we have tons of cap space. ireland pull the trigger baby

WOW! we must get Crumpler.....

Crumpler is now officially the best TE out there available!

How old is he though?

I'd want him here as a stop gap to another TE drafted who can take over in a couple of years if not next year.

No offense, but I am tired of every single name that gets cut being mentioned as someone to possibly play for the Dolphins.

Crumpler is slowing down-his body is starting to break down on him and even though he will be able to be had for less money than he was making with the Falcons, it will still be too much. We are so, so much better off just drafting someone.

Amen brother, if he was that good, he'd still be playing for the Falcons

I dont think you watch muc football guys. Did you miss the four pro bowls he went to before he lost his Qb in Vick. Also there is now way we can go young acroos the board here. You guys think we should just draft every need. Hate to break it you but that cant happen and it shouldnt because it takes time for players to develop into NFL players. I would like to be atleast 8-8 next year and a team of rookies wouldnt get that done, would it! What you should be tired of is D. Martin and the other players on our team that are unproductive. With Crumpler we get an All-pro tight end wtih 3 or four years left in him.

If you think he isnt worth it check out some Falcons game film or last years pro-bowl where he was in the skill position contest with a bunch of Wrs and J. Witten. Think he is old and cant move then that will shut you up real quick. The guy is fast as hell and big just like we want on our line. He was constantly the only productive player in Atl stalling offense last year!

Or maybe his projected production didn't match the money he was set to make with Atlanta? In a "bad" year, Crumpler still had about 50 catches, compared to David Martin who got about 30 last year.

Which one would you rather have?

At 30, Crumpler still has some good years left, and if he can be signed at a reasonable amount, would be a HUGE upgrade at TE. BTW, I'd still be very much in favor of drafting a TE in the third or fourth round, but then the kid could learn from Crumpler and be brought along slowly.

Keep in mind, at the moment, the Phins have NO real starting TE on the roster. Neither Peele or Martin are better than a #2 -at best.

Oh, and the whole point of message boards is to talk about the draft, FA players, and how to improve the team for this season.

Isnt he a little old? But Ive loved this guy for years...is he BP type of TE?

Because Peter, Alge is far from done and suffered from the loss of his QB, revolving QB's, a quitter coach, and the quitter coaches pathetic system. You know nothing about Alge so if your tired of seeing threads about every player available don't post in them. You don't even have to look at them.

Are you really going to deny that the man's body is starting to break down on him? I never said he wasn't a good player. The truth is, his best days are behind him, and we are coming off of a 1-15 season. We are undergoing a total rebuild, so what is the big benefit of taking on someone like him at this juncture in his career? It's not like we are going to contend next year, more than likely.

The "if you don't like it, don't post in it" theory doesn't hold any water, either. Message boards exist to have a discussion. It isn't just "hey, everyone agree with me or don't post". I am just as entitled to post my opinion on why I think spending money on someone like Crumpler would be beyond foolish as you are to post saying it would be a good idea.

Crumpler would be a nice signing for a team that is in need of a tight end and who has the possibility of making some noise next season, not one with a fundamental lack of talent on the roster and needing to build.

Signing Crumpler would be a huge waste. The guy is slowing down big time and he would still command a fair amount of money. A team doing an almost complete rebuild has no need for a guy like Crumpler. Why waste the money when they can just draft someone?

Just because we are 40 million under the cap does not mean we need to run out and just start throwing money at each and every "name" player that gets released.

I agree, Crumpler would be a waste, knee problems are slowing him down big time and he's still going to want good money. He's not young either.

Are you really going to deny that the man's body is starting to break down on him? I never said he wasn't a good player. The truth is, his best days are behind him, and we are coming off of a 1-15 season. We are undergoing a total rebuild, so what is the big benefit of taking on someone like him at this juncture in his career? It's not like we are going to contend next year, more than likely.

The "if you don't like it, don't post in it" theory doesn't hold any water, either. Message boards exist to have a discussion. It isn't just "hey, everyone agree with me or don't post". I am just as entitled to post my opinion on why I think spending money on someone like Crumpler would be beyond foolish as you are to post saying it would be a good idea.

Crumpler would be a nice signing for a team that is in need of a tight end and who has the possibility of making some noise next season, not one with a fundamental lack of talent on the roster and needing to build.
You was the one posting "I"M tired of people posting evertime someone is released" I just simply told you how to stay out of it if you have nothing better to say. Don't try to turn that crap on me first of all. Secondly Bill rebuilds team in 2 years and he does that by FA and the DRAFT as well. Y9ouu can't get everyone from the draft and we will compete next year. Sparano won't say lets take a year off and stockpile picks. Alge is far from done.

Back
Top Bottom