MERGED: Aaron Hernandez Arrested/ Released from Patriots | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Aaron Hernandez Arrested/ Released from Patriots

Look someone explain to me, why would a player who signed a huge contract do this...?

The Patriots season is already over before it has even begun....

d-1

What happened to the presumption of innocence?

What about Life, Liberty and The Pursuit Of Happiness!?!? I bet Odin Lloyd would like to experience that right now! Innocent people don't destroy evidence and behave how Hernandez did after the murder.

I am guessing, based on everything I have read. That there will be a plea bargain before it even gets to trial. I don't know about you, but all the "evidence" I have read, especially the texts from Loyd saying he was WITH Hernandez right before his death, the defense will have a hard time trying to get him out of this. And I agree with others about his buddies hanging him out to dry. The fact that they haven't been seen or heard from since before his arrest just lends credence to that fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
well thats the end of his pro football career...unless one of these other unnamed guys comes out and says they did it aarons done...and even then he's probably still done...

that said i think if what we know is all they have they're gonna have a tough time getting a murder guilty verdict with aaron...his attorney is gonna claim an awful lot of this is circumstantial...better have more meat on the bone prosecution
The majority of violent convictions are based on circumstantial evidence. From what was outlined and based on his actions, this guy has guilty written all over him. Keep in mind they still have his two comprades and the questions are where are they and what are they saying?

I am guessing, based on everything I have read. That there will be a plea bargain before it even gets to trail. I don't know about you, but all the "evidence" I have read, especially the texts from Loyd saying he was WITH Hernandez right before his death, the defense will have a hard time trying to get him out of this. And I agree with others about his buddies hanging him out to dry. The fact that they haven't been seen or heard from since before his arrest just lends credence to that fact.
Agree that there will be discussions between the 2 sides to reduce it to murder 2 so he has an opportunity to at least apply for parole in 15 years. If I am the family I very carefully weigh the totality of the evidence before making a decision. As it stands now, I don't see Hernandez being found not guilty on the more serious Murder 1 charge.

Personally, I go for Murder 1 and lock him away for the rest of his life.

They were able to get the texts to his friends so they have their numbers and I doubt they have/had trouble finding them. They're probably not going to talk about them right now for their own protection and for other people's protection. Who knows what other kind of people these guys could be with.

Why does everyone think Hernandez has all these connections? Everything I read says he is a fake!

Several of the Boston area sites covered this very well throughout. Everything pointed to damning evidence. The interesting aspect was so many message boards were overly tilted to benefit of a doubt to Hernandez, defying all logic. Mike Bianchi was one of the few columnists who got it right. I recommend everyone read that column from 5 or 6 days ago. He described that it was preposterous to believe Hernandez was involved with the wrong crowd so often, as opposed to being the wrong crowd all by himself. Bianchi said Florida during Urban Meyer's tenure had a lawyer who specialized in getting gun toting Gator players off on reduced charges or no charges at all, and that reporters who covered the team joked that the lawyer was the team MVP. When that lawyer was asked last week if he were surprised that Hernandez was in trouble, the lawyer responded he was, "Disappointed." In other words, not surprised.

After reading that column, and reports of other Hernandez incidents, I'm convinced he had gotten away with so many gun related crimes previously that he didn't consider this much of an escalation. Fire a few bullets in the chest and drive home for a snack. It sounds ridiculous but I don't know how else to explain it. Maybe these guys expect the gun lobby to jump in on their behalf regardless of circumstance. At least O.J. was flying out of town in an hour or two. Hernandez tweeted "good morning" one day after the murder. Then somehow he expected to be welcome at Patriots' headquarters a couple of days later.

One Boston reporter analyzed astutely Tuesday night, that Hernandez was doomed when authorities searched his home again that day and emerged with bags of evidence. They looked in different places, meaning they had been tipped where to focus. Someone was cooperating. Obstruction of justice was off the board at that point. Notice they didn't even bother with that. It was going to be murder.

The detail of the arraignment was remarkable. And intentional. Minute by minute, stunning Hernandez that so much videotape and specifics were available against him. It was very effective to use info that only could have come from the two friends who Hernandez summoned. And the prosecutor emphasized that neither one of them had a relationship with the victim. Hernandez was so stupid he didn't even provide his lawyers with anyone to logically pin it on.

This isn't circumstantial. It's clear cut. They had enough for murder one with merely what was presented today, and it's only a fraction. Hernandez can't claim he was anywhere else. He can't claim he didn't know the guy or didn't care about him. The time frame is so tight he can't claim he left the scene with the guy alive and well, and somebody else decided to emerge from a pile of gravel and fire 5 shots.

I think the prosecutors have a lot more then they even revealed yesterday. Yesterday was prove they have enough to charge him and to hold him without bail. Wait until they really get into the details!

Also, yes, the best his defense could do is say...please let him go home to take care of his fiancee and baby daughter.
Doesn't sound like he was taking care of them when he was free, being at the strip club at 3am, even if he didn't murder this guy.

Several of the Boston area sites covered this very well throughout. Everything pointed to damning evidence. The interesting aspect was so many message boards were overly tilted to benefit of a doubt to Hernandez, defying all logic. Mike Bianchi was one of the few columnists who got it right. I recommend everyone read that column from 5 or 6 days ago. He described that it was preposterous to believe Hernandez was involved with the wrong crowd so often, as opposed to being the wrong crowd all by himself. Bianchi said Florida during Urban Meyer's tenure had a lawyer who specialized in getting gun toting Gator players off on reduced charges or no charges at all, and that reporters who covered the team joked that the lawyer was the team MVP. When that lawyer was asked last week if he were surprised that Hernandez was in trouble, the lawyer responded he was, "Disappointed." In other words, not surprised.

After reading that column, and reports of other Hernandez incidents, I'm convinced he had gotten away with so many gun related crimes previously that he didn't consider this much of an escalation. Fire a few bullets in the chest and drive home for a snack. It sounds ridiculous but I don't know how else to explain it. Maybe these guys expect the gun lobby to jump in on their behalf regardless of circumstance. At least O.J. was flying out of town in an hour or two. Hernandez tweeted "good morning" one day after the murder. Then somehow he expected to be welcome at Patriots' headquarters a couple of days later.

One Boston reporter analyzed astutely Tuesday night, that Hernandez was doomed when authorities searched his home again that day and emerged with bags of evidence. They looked in different places, meaning they had been tipped where to focus. Someone was cooperating. Obstruction of justice was off the board at that point. Notice they didn't even bother with that. It was going to be murder.

The detail of the arraignment was remarkable. And intentional. Minute by minute, stunning Hernandez that so much videotape and specifics were available against him. It was very effective to use info that only could have come from the two friends who Hernandez summoned. And the prosecutor emphasized that neither one of them had a relationship with the victim. Hernandez was so stupid he didn't even provide his lawyers with anyone to logically pin it on.

This isn't circumstantial. It's clear cut. They had enough for murder one with merely what was presented today, and it's only a fraction. Hernandez can't claim he was anywhere else. He can't claim he didn't know the guy or didn't care about him. The time frame is so tight he can't claim he left the scene with the guy alive and well, and somebody else decided to emerge from a pile of gravel and fire 5 shots.

well it's hard to argue with that...maybe i've watched the first 48 too much and seen too many people get off when i thought they were done...you guys are probably on it the other 2 unnamed men are cooperating with authorities...

i just don't think texts from the victim saying who he was with or hernandez on video leaving the house with a gun in his hand is enough to get a guaranteed murder conviction...

Back
Top Bottom