Merged: additional coaching thoughts.../Kotite/Sean Payton I WANT HIM! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: additional coaching thoughts.../Kotite/Sean Payton I WANT HIM!

Crennel people.. CRENNEL!

muck: who knows whats the real truth in NY. but he's been to a SB, and had the talent (but the oline was hurt and garbage).

i'd give him a shot if Crennel doesn't get our job. he should, but who knows.

Re: Sean Payton I WANT HIM!

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
We need an innovative coach who knows how to get the best out of the talent he has. Look how the Giant offense performed under him in 2002. Look how he used Shockey. Do you notice how Collins had his best seasons under Payton? Funny how Dallas has done much better than expected on offense considering that they have Hambrick, Glenn and Q.Carter.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_coach_sean_payton.cfm

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/interviews/interview0028.htm

"So, we'll build our offense around our talent. It's an ongoing change and things are constantly changing because you want to keep up with what defenses are doing."

Could a bright offensive mind actually make good use out of Chambers, McMichael and Konrad. How about using Ricky in the passing game? Coaches often say these types of things, but Payton's offenses have produced.

just like the QB situation...a name...any name...

pathetic...

Blueprint, I like Crennel..but you know as much I that the Dolphins offense is the reason they may not make the playoffs. Unless Crennel were to bring in a good, young OC..I say we need an offensive minded head coach..and leave the defense alone.

hmm...

Originally posted by FFiB

OK. Replaced by who?

I want a name who has shown in the past that he can take the team beyond the 11 win marker. Don't give me one-year wonders either.

I be waiting for your suggestions.

Dennis Green comes to mind, especially since his achillies heal was defense but his offense was superb. It seems like that's what we need.

Or if wanny would go for this, his duties are reduced and RS becomes his boss. Don't know if that would work, but I beleive wanny is spread and the coaching staff is spread too thin, and he has way too much autonomy over picking or not picking up assnt coaches. Look at the Dallas situation, Mr ego had too keep the defensive coordinator on his staff even though he's not one of the tuna's boys. Which was a great call, however WH is not the type of owner to dable in those type of affairs (thank god) but we don't have someone with the power to tell wanny higher or fire this guy without question.

I liked your other list better Section.....

R. Kotite????.....PASS!!!

Here are a couple I'd like to see come to Miami and light a fire....

1. D. Green - He doesn't put up with cry babies. He's a tough HC, and I think that's what this team needs "discipline".

2. H. Edwards - If he ever leaves NY, we MUST have him!!! Love this guy!!!!

3. J. Hasslett - Another disciplinarian. He's a tough guy, and if he had our talent to work with, I think he could do a very good job. I can't figure NO out this year, but they've got a very solid offense...

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by Disgustipate
He did, actually. Three of them.

My three "joke candidates"???....

I'll play along....

1. Section 126
2. Disgustipate
3. BLITZKRIEG

How's that???....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by FFiB

OK. Replaced by who?

I want a name who has shown in the past that he can take the team beyond the 11 win marker. Don't give me one-year wonders either.

I be waiting for your suggestions.

I've made them SEVERAL times before in other threads. Do we have to rehash this over and over and over?
Dennis Greene, Tom Coughlin and Bill Cowher (if he gets fired) are my choices from the pro ranks, while my choices from the colleges would be either Bob Stoops or Nick Saban.

Green is alright. Smarter then Wannstedt, at least.

Haslett is a younger version of Wannstedt. He's one of the guy I would like the least.

Edwards is a decent motivator, but STUPID when it comes to X's and O's.

I just noticed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitz, you do realize that you nominated a guy that ricky wishes were dead?

Back
Top Bottom