Merged: additional coaching thoughts.../Kotite/Sean Payton I WANT HIM! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: additional coaching thoughts.../Kotite/Sean Payton I WANT HIM!

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Green is alright. Smarter then Wannstedt, at least.

Haslett is a younger version of Wannstedt. He's one of the guy I would like the least.

Edwards is a decent motivator, but STUPID when it comes to X's and O's.

So, who are your "serious" HC cadidiates???....

I'd like to know. :D

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

A coordinator that hasnt gotten a shot yet. Many of the "good" coaches today came up under the Parcells, Vermeils, etc. Someone like them.

No college coaches. No retreads.

John Madden. That way we could see Brett Favre in a Dolphins uniform playing QB, Center, RG,LG,RT, LT, WR,TE, HB, FB on offense, andall of the defensive positions. Brett will also be punter, kicker, and will handle every assistant coach job.

Originally posted by Section126
I just noticed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitz, you do realize that you nominated a guy that ricky wishes were dead?

I only realized that after it was too late....

You're right, he'd be a bad choice....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

MARTY SCHOTTEHIEMER?

his team is a military style team. they know the rules, and he doesn't break them for no one.

he runs the ball... we have a RB, and need a line. the SD suck, and they have LT doing 100+ a LOT.

he hasn't had it good in SD... he rwent with Brees (WHO WE ALL WANTED).

he brings in IMPACT players. David Boston was a mess early, and DOUG FLUTIE has jacked up his stats..

MS... if JJ didn't take the job, he was a top choice.

go after marty.

Is that Kotite in the subject? Wow, you guys must be really fed up with Wanny!:D I hope you guys fire Wanny and go to Kotite!! Dolphins meet 1-15! 1-15 meet the Dolphins!! haha good luck Phinsters

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a while now, thought it was about time to join [After all, I have plenty of opinions to force on everyone ;) ] I'm a long time phin fan grew up in so. fla in the 70's.

I tend to think that Dave W. deserves a lot of the blame for what went wrong this year, these are his players after all and at times the team looks totally unprepared. That said, I will give him some credit for attempting to fix the offense, after all he did try to sign O. Kruetz and tried to trade for M. Hasselbeck when he was on the trading block. He and Spielman considered upgrading OT in the offseason but didn't want to wreck the salary cap. Unfortunately almost, nearly, and coulda, shoulda, woulda don't help much now.

Like several of you have already said, I think DW threw the dice that the O-line would be fine with Dixon and Nails back from injury and Feidler would be improved in Norv's Offense this season and that the defense lost a couple of games last year becuase of poor play at safety and linebacker and could carry the team if upgraded. Since we have not been blown out this year except for Tenn. (Zack and Surtain did not play) I would say he got the defense part right.

Any head coaching change, IMO, should come if we are committed re-building. If a new coach brings in a totally different offense, it will take a while to get everyone clicking, esp. if we hired someone like Kubiak and he brings his flavor of the west coast offense.

Lastly, if we do make a change, I agree that we should stick to top tier NFL assistants, not over-rated former head coaches like Dennis Green, Dan Reeves and Schotty-hiemer who have won zero championships and also avoid college coaches that are at best an unknown commodity (see, Spurrier). That's my two-cents.

:billsbite :jetssuck:

Rich Kotite

I honestly need to know if whoever posted his name was serious about it! I'd rather have Bill Calahan or Steve Spurrier than Kotite!! He is every Jets fans most hated coach of all time. Well now that I think of it maybe he'd fit in with every Jets fans most hated team of all time! lol

Re: Rich Kotite

Originally posted by JumboTD40 to 37
I honestly need to know if whoever posted his name was serious about it! I'd rather have Bill Calahan or Steve Spurrier than Kotite!! He is every Jets fans most hated coach of all time. Well now that I think of it maybe he'd fit in with every Jets fans most hated team of all time! lol

Of course the person who posted it was sarcastic. No one is dumb enough to actually want Kotite as the head coach of their team.

Back
Top Bottom