*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread *** | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Merged: Albert for ??? Trade MEGA-Thread ***

Perhaps. But the Herald had this first and Armando tweeted this last night

Armando Salguero Retweeted AZ - Fins Up
It's not. I'll clear it up for folks tomorrow.
AZ - Fins Up @azomback34
@ArmandoSalguero where are you on all this BA for JT happening imminently?

He's gonna say the same thing Rappaport is saying.

Contracts have the change etc.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 11m11 minutes ago
More
#Jaguars have worked out their end of deal to acquire OT Branden Albert. Albert good playing for Jax. Now up to #Dolphins & TE Julius Thomas

all that remains to this trade is Julius accepting a restructured contract. If he plays ball and takes less, who could be mad at this trade?

If he makes trouble, cut Albert and call it a day.

Perhaps. But the Herald had this first and Armando tweeted this last night

Armando Salguero Retweeted AZ - Fins Up
It's not. I'll clear it up for folks tomorrow.
AZ - Fins Up @azomback34

@ArmandoSalguero where are you on all this BA for JT happening imminently?

Things could change at any moment before its official. Thomas decides he wont restructure or the BA physical doesnt go as well as Jags were expecting etc.

The restructure could be something like 6 million in 2017 but 4 million guaranteed instead of 3.

It wont be anything drastic although Miami should indeed set "their" parameters on this deal and negotiate this. And they have the time to do it.

Things could change at any moment before its official. Thomas decides he wont restructure or the BA physical doesnt go as well as Jags were expecting etc.

Or Tunsil could slip in the shower anytime before March 9th. This time of year, I'm listening to Rappoport's words over all others.

all that remains to this trade is Julius accepting a restructured contract. If he plays ball and takes less, who could be mad at this trade? If he makes trouble, cut Albert and call it a day.
Not sure I agree. Maybe Jax will have another name they can use instead of JT. Any ST guy, any backup LB, a R7 pick. Anything in trade is better than a release.

here's a quote from Omar's interview with BA.

Q: Why not force the issue (demanding a release instead of entertaining a trade offer)?

BA: Why ruffle feathers when you don't have to? Its the business of the game. I believe where I'm going is the right fit, and its going to be a surprise when it comes out. The terms, and everything.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-branden-albert-20170219-story.html

It sounds like Branden was told up front that he'd be able to restructure to a better deal in Jacksonville. Perhaps he also holds Julius Thomas in high regard. Its apparent that he feels good about not only his future situation, but the compensation he was traded for. Also, it sounds like a done deal. Notice how quick things were wrapped up in Jax morning. They are confirming everything is good on their end and its not even 10 am.

If this trade goes down may reduce the chance Sims returns, since they told him they looked at him as a number one type TE, even though still thought they would upgrade. He would have resigned by the time they would have done that in the draft though.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Beat me to that one :brewskis:

What is Gase's philosophy with TE's? He doesn't view receivers as 1 and 2 but instead views them equally important and uses them to their skill sets. Does he see TE's the same? If so, bringing Thomas in may have no impact in how Gase wants to use Sims.

Is he still employed?

Omar is probably walking on sunshine since he was tied to a breaking news story. I'd love to know how he managed that. Maybe BA is friends with Omar?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Not sure I agree. Maybe Jax will have another name they can use instead of JT. Any ST guy, any backup LB, a R7 pick. Anything in trade is better than a release.

yeah if you could get a draft pick, why not

What is Gase's philosophy with TE's? He doesn't view receivers as 1 and 2 but instead views them equally important and uses them to their skill sets. Does he see TE's the same? If so, bringing Thomas in may have no impact in how Gase wants to use Sims.

Agree with the Gase part of the equation, its the Sims thinking that may change after the trade based on what they had told him.

They have other TE on the team that can block and I see Sims maybe moving looking for a better opportunity.

Agree with the Gase part of the equation, its the Sims thinking that may change after the trade based on what they had told him.

They have other TE on the team that can block and I see Sims maybe moving looking for a better opportunity.

I'm certainly not an expert at evaluating players but IMO Sims is much more than a great blocker. Towards the end of last season he became a legitimate pass catching weapon. He's huge with good hands. I feel Gase has a vision for him being a key offensive threat in the offense. Sims and Thomas would be legitimate threats for defenses. Then you take those two and add the receivers, defenses will have trouble. Put Sims and Thomas in the red zone ... wow there's two big sets of hands for RT. I have no doubt Gase is sharing his vision with Sims.

Thomas cant in line block id be surprised if this impacted sims

Miami seems to be telling everyone they see them as #1 tight ends...luke wilson too

Highly doubt this impacts Sims. Two very very different players

Back
Top Bottom