Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

unifiedtheory said:
Great recievers make plays REGARDLESS of who the Q.B. is...there is a long list of this being true (I've posted it too many times and I don't feel like getting out the list).

Then I guess Randy Moss, who has fewer receptions that Chambers, isn't elite.

Saban called them "decent". Well, he is right. They are decent. If Chambers thinks he is wrong then PROVE IT. Catch EVERY catchable ball that is thrown to you. Bust your *** on EVERY blocking assignment. Fight like HELL for EVERY underthrown pass.

No one catches every ball. Not Moss, not TO, not Harrison etc. In fact, most of them have consistently dropped more passes than Chambers.

Chambers does'nt work hard enough un my opinion. The guy can look All World and then look like garbage on the same series.

He is to inconsistent to ever be regarded as anything but "decent".

He is what he is...

Because you have first hand knowledge of how hard he works?

cnc66 said:
pffft..he needs to catch the ones that hit his hands before he can cry about others

I agree with you, I think we have all seen what Chris can due when he sets his mind to it (the great one handed catches). In that same respect he has to be consistant also if he expects the same from his QB. He has caught 30 of the 68 (44%) passes thrown his way, and he has not caught more than 50% in the past 3 years. So you cannot really say that Gus has missed him on 64% of the throws...

Chris is a good WR in the NFL, and IMHO he has not shown me any consistancy to label him a great or ProBowl type wideout...

NaboCane said:
Chambers will be criticized until he steps up and concentrates on every play, every catch.

He drops catchable passes, but he sure didn't drop that $10M bonus check, now did he? Like it or not, he needs to earn that cap space he's taking up by being a reliable #1 option at WR - palin and simple, that's it.

No more excuses.

His cap number is $3.3 million. How many elite WRs can be had for that kind of money?

Remember that Chambers took a veiled shot at Saban in the locker room after the Atlanta game. What you've heard from Saban since is him trying to put Chambers back in his place. Fix your own mistakes first.

Only issue I have with Chambers is he likes running "East and West" to much, doesn't seem to have much drive to get them yards after the catch yards. Seems like after every catch he puts all his attention into finding the closest out of bounds he can reach before being hit.

adamprez2003 said:
I could be wrong, stuck in new york, and forced to watch on tv but every time i read comments from people at the games they say chambers was open all day long and gus isnt getting the ball to him

He aint open, he gets smothered. Do you really think that if he was open they wouldnt throw him the ball.

Seriously think about it!

Disnardo said:
I agree with you, I think we have all seen what Chris can due when he sets his mind to it (the great one handed catches). In that same respect he has to be consistant also if he expects the same from his QB. He has caught 30 of the 68 (44%) passes thrown his way, and he has not caught more than 50% in the past 3 years. So you cannot really say that Gus has missed him on 64% of the throws...

Chris is a good WR in the NFL, and IMHO he has not shown me any consistancy to label him a great or ProBowl type wideout...

thank you...

Fineas said:
Chambers does not have a problem getting open. That's obvious if you watch the games at the stadium with a wide view. It's also backed up by the numbers.

Chambers has been the target of 68 passes, 2 of which he dropped. Of those thrown to him, only 44.1% were completed, and most were not knocked away by the defender. Most of those were simply inaccurate. Compare that to Marvin Harrison, who has been the target of 69 passes, 1 of which he dropped. 66.7% of those thrown to him were caught because payton Manning is much, much more accurate than Gus. Similarly, Steve Smith, the current receiving leader, has been the target of 78 throws, 4 of which he's dropped. 70.5% of the passes thrown to him were caught, again because Delhomme is much more accurate than Gus. Chad Johnson is No. 2 in receptions. 80 passes have been thrown to him, of which he's dropped 5. He's caught 66.3% of them because, once again, Carson Palmer is much more accurate than Gus. If 66% of the passes thrown to Chambers were completable, he'd have 45 receptions, which would put him in the top 10 in the NFL.

I guess Randy Moss isn't an elite receiver. He only has only 26 receptions (in 7 games). Why? Because although he has been the target of 57 passes, only 45.6% were completed. Why? Because Kerry Collins is not, and has never been, a very accurate QB. That is borne out by his Gus-like career 56% completion rate.

People also need to get off his contract. He makes very nice money, but he is not paid like an elite WR. His contract is squarely in the next tier of WRs, where it belongs.

last time i checked chad johnson had big numbers when kitna was his qb. Bottom line chambers needs to take over a game completely...

Fineas said:
Then I guess Randy Moss, who has fewer receptions that Chambers, isn't elite.

Randy Moss has a different role in the Oakland passing game then Chambers does in the Dolphin passing game.

Moss is there for deep balls and decoy (He's helping Jerry Porter have a breakout season and Doug Gabriel is being helped by this as well.). He also missed two halfs this year with slight injuries.

If you think Chambers is "elite" you are dilusional...I can name 20 recievers I'd take before him.

Fineas said:
No one catches every ball. Not Moss, not TO, not Harrison etc. In fact, most of them have consistently dropped more passes than Chambers.

You can defend Chambers to your hearts content. I see what I see. The guy is inconsistent. If he wants to be elite he has to get open and catch it. The "no Q.B." excuse is CRAP. So is the "the stats show he has one drop this year". Christ, he had one last game...that would have given us a first down.

Fineas said:
Because you have first hand knowledge of how hard he works?
No, I do not. What I do know is one of the knocks on him coming out of college was he is inconsistent and has lapses in concentration. Gee, sounds like what his issues are today.

The guy is what he is and nothing more....60 catches, 900 yards, 8 TDs....

Fineas said:
Chambers does not have a problem getting open. That's obvious if you watch the games at the stadium with a wide view. It's also backed up by the numbers.

Chambers has been the target of 68 passes, 2 of which he dropped. Of those thrown to him, only 44.1% were completed, and most were not knocked away by the defender. Most of those were simply inaccurate. Compare that to Marvin Harrison, who has been the target of 69 passes, 1 of which he dropped. 66.7% of those thrown to him were caught because payton Manning is much, much more accurate than Gus. Similarly, Steve Smith, the current receiving leader, has been the target of 78 throws, 4 of which he's dropped. 70.5% of the passes thrown to him were caught, again because Delhomme is much more accurate than Gus. Chad Johnson is No. 2 in receptions. 80 passes have been thrown to him, of which he's dropped 5. He's caught 66.3% of them because, once again, Carson Palmer is much more accurate than Gus. If 66% of the passes thrown to Chambers were completable, he'd have 45 receptions, which would put him in the top 10 in the NFL.

I guess Randy Moss isn't an elite receiver. He only has only 26 receptions (in 7 games). Why? Because although he has been the target of 57 passes, only 45.6% were completed. Why? Because Kerry Collins is not, and has never been, a very accurate QB. That is borne out by his Gus-like career 56% completion rate.

People also need to get off his contract. He makes very nice money, but he is not paid like an elite WR. His contract is squarely in the next tier of WRs, where it belongs.

Did you just compare Chambers to Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith and Randy Moss?

Dude...you need to give your head a good long shake.

unifiedtheory said:
Did you just compare Chambers to Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith and Randy Moss?

Dude...you need to give your head a good long shake.

isn't that what people who expect him to beat double teams consistently are doing? i'm not saying he's elite, but i'm also not expecting him to beat doubles. the passing game here has been horrible, and he's part of it. i don't think anybody would have made a pro bowl receiving for this team in the last several years. chambers needs to improve his game. he's not first on the list, though.

Just wonder when McMichael starts complaining. He doesn't seem like the type that's going to keep quiet the entire season

DPlus47 said:
i'd like to see this list.

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Deion Branch, Jerry Porter, Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgarald, Plexico Burress, Anquan Boldin, Muhsin Muhammad, Laveranues Coles, Santana Moss, Jimmy Smith, Derrick Mason, Terrell Owens and Javon Walker.

Superself said:
Sick of drinking the "breakout season" Kool Aid.

Exactly. :lol:

This guy LED the AFC in Touchdown Receptions a couple of years ago with Jay Fiedler throwing him the football, in the ULTRA-Conservative Wannstedt offense. He's in a pass happy Linehan offense now and he's not putting up similar numbers. Something is missing, the guy is so overrated on this board.

The QB arguement is so weak.

Back
Top Bottom