Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

IMO, the job of a 2nd tier #1 receiver, more than BEATING doubles like a harrison, moss, owens, johnson, or smith, is to simply draw them so the QB can exploit other areas of the field. waiting for that to happen in miami is just as frustrating as waiting for chambers to beat those doubles.

DPlus47 said:
isn't that what people who expect him to beat double teams consistently are doing? i'm not saying he's elite, but i'm also not expecting him to beat doubles. the passing game here has been horrible, and he's part of it. i don't think anybody would have made a pro bowl receiving for this team in the last several years. chambers needs to improve his game. he's not first on the list, though.

Believe me...I would LOVE to see the lightbulb go on for Chambers and for him to catch 80 for 1300 yards and 15 TDs.

That being said, I just don't see it happening. How long can "potential" be attached to his name?

FaninPatsyLand said:
Exactly. :lol:

This guy LED the AFC in Touchdown Receptions a couple of years ago with Jay Fiedler throwing him the football, in the ULTRA-Conservative Wannstedt offense. He's in a pass happy Linehan offense now and he's not putting up similar numbers. Something is missing, the guy is so overrated on this board.

The QB arguement is so weak.

EXACTLY!

Join me by the wall....I'm the one banging my head against it.

unifiedtheory said:
Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Deion Branch, Jerry Porter, Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgarald, Plexico Burress, Anquan Boldin, Muhsin Muhammad, Laveranues Coles, Santana Moss, Jimmy Smith, Derrick Mason, Terrell Owens and Javon Walker.

Let's not forget about the Buccaneers. The past two years they've had 2 different recievers put up numbers that blow Chris Chambers' career highs out of the water.

Michael Clayton in 2004 (Granted he sucks this year) and Joey Galloway this year. Overall, I'm not sure I'd take either one of these guys over Chambers, but these are the type of guys posting 1,000 yard seasons while Chambers continues to whine about his QB.

Disnardo said:
I agree with you, I think we have all seen what Chris can due when he sets his mind to it (the great one handed catches). In that same respect he has to be consistant also if he expects the same from his QB. He has caught 30 of the 68 (44%) passes thrown his way, and he has not caught more than 50% in the past 3 years. So you cannot really say that Gus has missed him on 64% of the throws...

Chris is a good WR in the NFL, and IMHO he has not shown me any consistancy to label him a great or ProBowl type wideout...

He hasn't caught more than 50% in the last 3 years because he's had Fiedler, Feeley and Frerotte throwing to him.

Generally, if you compare the QB's completion percentage to the % of passes caught by a WR (of those thrown to him), the WR's % will be 8-10% less than the QB's completion percentage. The completion % is brought up by high percentage passes to RBs and TEs. Possession receivers will have less of a drop than WRs who do most of their work downfield. For the last few years, the Fins completion % has been in the 52-57% range, which is why Chambers' % caught has been in the 40s. That's why Randy Moss is at 45% this year compared to an average of around 60% in his 2 previous years in Minnesota. McNabb's completion % is down about 5 points from last year, which is largely why TO's % caught is down this year. Carson Palmer's completion % is up 10 points from last year, which is why Chad Johnson's % caught is up 10 percentage points.

It's not very complicated. Good, accurate QBs throw more catchable passes and therefore make it easier for WRs to put up good numbers. Why are some people unable or unwilling to grasp that simple concept?

unifiedtheory said:
Believe me...I would LOVE to see the lightbulb go on for Chambers and for him to catch 80 for 1300 yards and 15 TDs.

That being said, I just don't see it happening. How long can "potential" be attached to his name?

i'm not attaching it there. see my other post above. i'm not looking for numbers out of the guy. i think the passing game in miami could be fine with him playing as he is now. i could be mistaken, but i'm certainly not in favor of fixing the phins' passing game by bringing in another WR to try and make a lousy QB "look better."

Fineas said:
He hasn't caught more than 50% in the last 3 years because he's had Fiedler, Feeley and Frerotte throwing to him.

Generally, if you compare the QB's completion percentage to the % of passes caught by a WR (of those thrown to him), the WR's % will be 8-10% less than the QB's completion percentage. The completion % is brought up by high percentage passes to RBs and TEs. Possession receivers will have less of a drop than WRs who do most of their work downfield. For the last few years, the Fins completion % has been in the 52-57% range, which is why Chambers' % caught has been in the 40s. That's why Randy Moss is at 45% this year compared to an average of around 60% in his 2 previous years in Minnesota. McNabb's completion % is down about 5 points from last year, which is largely why TO's % caught is down this year. Carson Palmer's completion % is up 10 points from last year, which is why Chad Johnson's % caught is up 10 percentage points.

It's not very complicated. Good, accurate QBs throw more catchable passes and therefore make it easier for WRs to put up good numbers. Why are some people unable or unwilling to grasp that simple concept?

That is the 2nd time in a few weeks you have questioned my intelligence.

You can throw stats and numbers at me to your hearts content. I don't know where you got them from so I'll take them with a grain of salt.

I do know what I see....and in Chris Chambers I see a guy who has the potential and talent to be a very good reciever....but I also see a classic under achiever.

Hopefully next year we'll be able to put this argument to rest. We should have someone at qb who can throw accurately and if Chambers still cant get his numbers above 60 receptions or 1100 yds then the doubters are right. If next year he busts out and has an 80 reception, 1300 yd season it was obviously the QBs we had

in my eyes, chris is a good WR, gus can't pass the ball,in the game against the falcons, on atlantas 10 or something, he tries to force a pass to chris and ends up getting intercepted and losing the game for us. Miami should start Sage, just to see wut hes got against the pats next week. Miami should pick up TO:)..not likely though...

AquaAssasin said:
last time i checked chad johnson had big numbers when kitna was his qb. Bottom line chambers needs to take over a game completely...

When he had those numbers, Kitna competed 62.3% of his passes, for over 3500 yards and 26 TDs. Chris has never had a QB who could do (or has done)anything like that.

adamprez2003 said:
Hopefully next year we'll be able to put this argument to rest. We should have someone at qb who can throw accurately and if Chambers still cant get his numbers above 60 receptions or 1100 yds then the doubters are right. If next year he busts out and has an 80 reception, 1300 yd season it was obviously the QBs we had

But that's the problem. Finding a good QB. For some reason he just seems to click with Sage though. That long bomb against the Ravens and that other one this year. He's shown some sparks in the past.

unifiedtheory said:
That is the 2nd time in a few weeks you have questioned my intelligence.

You can throw stats and numbers at me to your hearts content. I don't know where you got them from so I'll take them with a grain of salt.

I do know what I see....and in Chris Chambers I see a guy who has the potential and talent to be a very good reciever....but I also see a classic under achiever.

You really are a Sensitive Guy!! Read what I said -- "unwilling or unable." You may be the former.

The stats come from STATS Inc. They're pretty well recognized/regarding.

Back
Top Bottom