Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

adamprez2003 said:
Wow. I didnt even realize how bad his stats were on the 10 yd plus passes. That's just plain horrible

That's our boy, Gus.

The Chambers bashers will say his numbers are so bad because Chambers is unable to get to all of those incompletions (even if it means chasing the ball into the stands).

jjizzim said:
My problem with chambers is not the fact that he drops some balls, every receiver does that. The only difference is that great receivers are open so much that they get more balls thrown to them so they catch a lot more than they drop. Chambers however does not get open that much and when he does, he can't afford to drop the pass because it may be 3 quaters before he is open again. My problem with chambers is his route running and his ability to get open, Now I have seen times where chambers has his man beat deep and gus overthrows him, this has happend about 4 times that I can remember, but this is just not enough, he needs to get open so much that its becomes obvious that gus can't get the ball to him consistantly, I think this will eliminate some of the critisizm

Chambers does not have a problem getting open. That's obvious if you watch the games at the stadium with a wide view. It's also backed up by the numbers.

Chambers has been the target of 68 passes, 2 of which he dropped. Of those thrown to him, only 44.1% were completed, and most were not knocked away by the defender. Most of those were simply inaccurate. Compare that to Marvin Harrison, who has been the target of 69 passes, 1 of which he dropped. 66.7% of those thrown to him were caught because payton Manning is much, much more accurate than Gus. Similarly, Steve Smith, the current receiving leader, has been the target of 78 throws, 4 of which he's dropped. 70.5% of the passes thrown to him were caught, again because Delhomme is much more accurate than Gus. Chad Johnson is No. 2 in receptions. 80 passes have been thrown to him, of which he's dropped 5. He's caught 66.3% of them because, once again, Carson Palmer is much more accurate than Gus. If 66% of the passes thrown to Chambers were completable, he'd have 45 receptions, which would put him in the top 10 in the NFL.

I guess Randy Moss isn't an elite receiver. He only has only 26 receptions (in 7 games). Why? Because although he has been the target of 57 passes, only 45.6% were completed. Why? Because Kerry Collins is not, and has never been, a very accurate QB. That is borne out by his Gus-like career 56% completion rate.

People also need to get off his contract. He makes very nice money, but he is not paid like an elite WR. His contract is squarely in the next tier of WRs, where it belongs.

Fineas said:
People also need to get off his contract. He makes very nice money, but he is not paid like an elite WR. His contract is squarely in the next tier of WRs, where it belongs.

you can count on one hand the people who can do what people expect chambers to do. and i don't get where people think he's making top-5 WR money.

nyjunc said:
this is the same Chris Chambers who is supposed to have a brakout year this year, right? Oh wait he was suppsoed to have that last year- wait again I think it was suppsoed to be 2 years ago? His early struggles were b/c of the QBs but now he has Gus so he'll nbreakout? Wasn't that the thinking. Well in his "breakout" year he's on pace for 60 recs, 834 yds, 13.7 YPC, 6 TDs. That says decent #2 WR not decent #1.
What was supposed to happen and what gus was supposed to be able to do is obviously not what is happening so how stupid is it to lay the blame on Chambers when we have nothing but the same crappy QB play that we've had since we drafted him?

He doesn't seem to have any trouble "breaking out" with Sage throwing him the ball does he?

Sometimes your smack is just maddening in it's ignorance. Maybe you should stick to the jets board, you're seriously out of your league talking about the Dolphins.

phinfan2003 said:
Apparently Chambers took exception to Saban calling him (and Booker) decent WR's.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13127869.htm

I think what pissed him off more is that while he called Chambers and Booker decent, he called Gus good. :lol:
He's never shown any consistentcy above decent. Walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... Prob is a duck.

YEs and ferrote throws the best passes to him.People if you put chambers on the colts he would be having 1500 and 10 td seasons.

This thread should be changed to "The Chris Chambers excuses list".

The guy is what he is...60 catches, 900 yards, 8 TD's, big drops on third down, incomplete route running, won't come across the middle, won't fight in traffic, won't come back for underthrown passes and leads the league in begging for pass interference calls.

Great recievers make plays REGARDLESS of who the Q.B. is...there is a long list of this being true (I've posted it too many times and I don't feel like getting out the list).

Saban called them "decent". Well, he is right. They are decent. If Chambers thinks he is wrong then PROVE IT. Catch EVERY catchable ball that is thrown to you. Bust your *** on EVERY blocking assignment. Fight like HELL for EVERY underthrown pass.

Chambers does'nt work hard enough un my opinion. The guy can look All World and then look like garbage on the same series.

He is to inconsistent to ever be regarded as anything but "decent".

He is what he is...

unifiedtheory said:
PERFECT description!

not a bad description of most of the balls thrown his way, either.

i agree with you on this: he needs to prove saban wrong on the field.

what i don't agree with is people who are expecting him to do something that hardly anyone does. and people who inflate his contract into smething it isn't. if miami doesn't have a legit #1 WR, then there are about 20 teams in the NFL that don't have one, maybe more. i also love when marty booker is used as an example of a WR who makes QB's better. so why can't he do that here, then? people can use statistics for any side of an argument, and apparently, people can use marty booker for any side of an argument.

Chambers will be criticized until he steps up and concentrates on every play, every catch.

He drops catchable passes, but he sure didn't drop that $10M bonus check, now did he? Like it or not, he needs to earn that cap space he's taking up by being a reliable #1 option at WR - palin and simple, that's it.

No more excuses.

NaboCane said:
Chambers will be criticized until he steps up and concentrates on every play, every catch.

He drops catchable passes, but he sure didn't drop that $10M bonus check, now did he? Like it or not, he needs to earn that cap space he's taking up by being a reliable #1 option at WR - palin and simple, that's it.

No more excuses.

Man has a good point!

Face it guys, Chambers isn't gonna be a 1,000 yard 10 TD's kind of guy. Chambers is more of a 800 rec yards and 7 TD's WR. Chambers has been a major disapointment this year because he isn't producing like he should be. The only WR that we might be able to call a threat is Welker.

unifiedtheory said:
leads the league in begging for pass interference calls.

Yeah, it seems he has perfected this drama act. Wish he would put more emphasis on being a #1 WR than he does his flop animation.

Back
Top Bottom