Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

cltchperf said:
Warner is up there in age and may not have the best pocket presence, but one thing Warner has had since '99 is accuracy, he has always been a very accurate qb since being in the NFL. Watching McCown throw the ball isn't too bad either, he's a hell of a lot better than Frerotte.

So you would rather have McCown as our QB than Frerotte when he's not proven anything yet he has not secured the starting spot for his team unless the QB ahead of him gets injured

he is only decent, he's never been a good or elite WR in the NFL and he needs to take a huge pay cut, he doesn't deserve T.O. money

weisdolphins said:
So you would rather have McCown as our QB than Frerotte when he's not proven anything yet he has not secured the starting spot for his team unless the QB ahead of him gets injured
Is this a trick question?

nick1 said:
he is only decent, he's never been a good or elite WR in the NFL and he needs to take a huge pay cut, he doesn't deserve T.O. money

I totally agree

weisdolphins said:

The one thing McCown has proven in his career is he's better than Frerotte

weisdolphins said:

I sure would. McCown has a strong arm and, as far as I can tell, better leadership skills than Gus. If you're asking me to pick between the 26 year old who's shown flashes of talent on a team with an overall pretty bad offensive line (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php) and no running game and a guy who can't get it done with good receivers, solid pass protection and a great running game, I'll take the 26 year old.

In fact, I'll take Gary Hogeboom. He was better than Frerotte.

Chambers needs to catch every @*!@#! ball that's anywhere near him if he's an "elite" receiver.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that Gus sucks. I was wrong about him being decent at the beginning of the year. He just doesn't have it anymore. It is like a Fiedler with a stronger are and no legs.

Superself said:
Exactly. Instead of running his mouth...Chambers should prove on the field that he is better than decent.

You can't tell me that Chambers attacks the football. He has a lazy way about him that allows defensive backs to punk him out of his game.

I hope he is traded or demoted to #2 for next year.
Sick of drinking the "breakout season" Kool Aid.

Seriously, if I hear that statement one more time about Chambers I'm going to puke.

Chamber is missing the consistency and that desire most great WR's exhibit. There's no doubt he's amazing acrobatic and can "go get the ball." Nobody's taking that away from him. I only notice two plays being thrown to him though, that quick sideline pass or the deep out "go get" ball. That's it. That tells me everything about his route running, which has failed to develop since he's been in the league. You said it best though, mediocre DB's punk him all the time because he's just not aggressive enough.

flintsilver7 said:
I sure would. McCown has a strong arm and, as far as I can tell, better leadership skills than Gus. If you're asking me to pick between the 26 year old who's shown flashes of talent on a team with an overall pretty bad offensive line (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php) and no running game and a guy who can't get it done with good receivers, solid pass protection and a great running game, I'll take the 26 year old.

In fact, I'll take Gary Hogeboom. He was better than Frerotte.

Other than the leadership skills sounds like someone we had here recently- lol

enigmatics said:
Seriously, if I hear that statement one more time about Chambers I'm going to puke.

Chamber is missing the consistency and that desire most great WR's exhibit. There's no doubt he's amazing acrobatic and can "go get the ball." Nobody's taking that away from him. I only notice two plays being thrown to him though, that quick sideline pass or the deep out "go get" ball. That's it. That tells me everything about his route running, which has failed to develop since he's been in the league. You said it best though, mediocre DB's punk him all the time because he's just not aggressive enough.

He gets open all the time though. Ask anyone who goes to the games. Gus misses even throwing it to him at least half the times he's open. I think if he had a QB that was even halfway decent he would put up top 5 numbers

Itsdahumidity said:
Then stats have lying eyes.

cosign.

I can remember two drops where the ball actually touched his hands and one of them was an extremely hard catch. I do agree that he should of caught the ball, however that was a very hard catch. Last year he was having a drop problem, this year he is not.

I do agree that he is not aggressive enough especially on long balls. There many times where he would of caught the ball or at least broke up an interception if he was more aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom