Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

nyjunc said:
off the top of my head- Keyshawn Johnson in 1999 w/ Tom Tupa, Rick Mirer and Ray Lucas as his QBs and Marty Booker w/ Henry Burris, Chris Chandler, Jim Miller and Cory Sauter.

I'm not trying to knock Chamber as he has a ton of ability but he has proven to be nothing more than a decent #2 WR.

In 1999, the Jets combined to have quarterbacks with a rating of 75.5. This is comprised of Ray Lucas (9 games, 85.1), Rick Mirer (6 games, 60.4 rating), and Vinny Testaverde (1 game, 78.8 rating). So on average Keyshawn's quarterbacks were around 10 points better than Gus, which is a significant difference. By the way, statistics suggest that Keyshawn was probably the target of two out of every three passes.

Marty Booker had two 1,000 yard seasons - 2001 and 2002. In 2001, Shane Matthews (72.3 rating) and Jim Miller (74.9 rating) combined for an overall 74.2 rating. Again, significantly better than Gus. In 2002, the Bears quarterbacks overall combined for a 73.5 rating. That year, Chandler had a 79.8 rating and Miller had a 77.5 rating. Both quarterbacks who frequently threw to him were signifcantly better than Gus. AGAIN. In 2002, Henry Burris had two horrible games (Week 16 and Week 17). In those games, Booker had 9 receptions for 39 yards. Quite an amazing feat there.

Superself said:
You think Maddox is a good QB? What about Kordell Stewart? Hines put up good numbers with both.

Stewart had two seasons that were worse than Frerotte's current season - 1998 and 1999. Ward's best of those two was a 61 reception, 638 yard season in 1999.

nyjunc said:
We've gone over this before, great WRs make their QBs better. Plenty of WRs have played w/ much worse than what Chambers has played w/ and still had big time seasons including Marty Booker when he was w/ Chicago. You have had competent QBs(except Feeley) since Chris arrived so the QB excuse is a bad one.

so I don't want to hear any excuses to why Coles isn't lighting it up, What has Coles done latley, oh I forgot, he has 30 more yards done Chambers, woopty doo :shakeno: I wouldn't be too ****y, because the jets receivers are playing pretty "decent also right now, it looks to me that Moss is clearly doing much better than Coles, good move Jets.

dolfanrodney said:
I still say if we ever had a stud QB throwing the ball Chambers would be a top 5 WR so don't blame him.

You know the cardinals don't have a stud at QB between Warner or McCown but both of their recievers are in the top 15 for recieving yards because they go get the ball when its in the air

weisdolphins said:
You know the cardinals don't have a stud at QB between Warner or McCown but both of their recievers are in the top 15 for recieving yards because they go get the ball when its in the air

Read the thread. Both McCown and Warner are more accurate than Gus. Both are better quarterbacks, plain and simple. They also have no threat of a running game and have thrown the ball 68 more times than even our pass-happy offense.

Half the time, Gus is so inaccurate even the defensive backs can't get to the ball.

flintsilver7 said:
Half the time, Gus is so inaccurate even the defensive backs can't get to the ball.

More than we've been able to say around here for the past year! Things are looking up:lol: .

weisdolphins said:

Warner is up there in age and may not have the best pocket presence, but one thing Warner has had since '99 is accuracy, he has always been a very accurate qb since being in the NFL. Watching McCown throw the ball isn't too bad either, he's a hell of a lot better than Frerotte.

flintsilver7 said:
Read the thread. Both McCown and Warner are more accurate than Gus. Both are better quarterbacks, plain and simple. They also have no threat of a running game and have thrown the ball 68 more times than even our pass-happy offense.

I see that we are on the same page as far as this discussion goes.

flintsilver7 said:

Im sorry I have to laugh at that :lol: :lol: LOLOLOLOLOL

Back
Top Bottom