Merged: All of you .../Did Feeley do enough to earn the starting job? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All of you .../Did Feeley do enough to earn the starting job?

Starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i guess the people have spoken feeley is the man to start.....i know ears knows the offense and has a great starting record but ...i feel good about him coming in only if feely cant handle the duties

BizarroAndres said:
I was saying that in response to someone saying feeley had a TD taken away. I didnt see feeley overcoming too much of that, besides having more playing time.

Playing time?

Fiedler 4 years...
AJ 3 preason games....

I think Jay has had plenty of time to convince Miami coaches he should be the guy, yet for the past 2 years they have been trying to replace him with failed trades and acquisitions. IMO Jay lost his job 2 years ago when the coaches showed they were in NO WAY satisfied with him. It's just a shame that the Phins organization didn't take steps necessary to fill this position sooner. Will AJ be the guy? Only time will tell but at least there is hope.

I for one will be MUCH more excited about the season with someone new at the helm. The whole team will struggle this year on offense. That's common sense with all that has happened. Seeing that, there is no better time to break in a new QB than this year. If nothing comes out of this year we should at least have a revamped passing attack for next year. :D

Lights_Out said:
i guess the people have spoken feeley is the man to start.....i know ears knows the offense and has a great starting record but ...i feel good about him coming in only if feely cant handle the duties

This is the immature crap that pisses me off. Can't you all have a lil respect for your team and stop dumping on current players. Fiedler is still on the team. You can at least wait until he's gone to act like a 3-year old.

Currently the vote stands at Feeley 108, Fiedler 8.

Folks, we haven't seen a beating like this since Tonya Harding was still skating...

Feeley had two touchdowns called back this year because of penalties

Feeley if nothing more than to get Fiedler out the door, hows that ? I appreciate the effort Fiedler has given, but plain and simple he cant make the throws that are needed at the QB position and he does not need to start !!!!

Trekbiz said:
The whole team will struggle this year on offense. That's common sense with all that has happened. Seeing that, there is no better time to break in a new QB than this year.

Does that actually make sense to you? Our offense is gonna have problems, so lets put in a new QB too?

I think the title of this thread is wrong. We came into this preseason with no starting QB. Did Fiedler do enough to win the starting QB job?

With all the familiarity Fiedler has with the players(not the offense because it's basically a new offense) how many scoring drives did he lead us on? 2, both FGs. How many did Feeley have? 3, 2 FGs(1 should have been a TD, damn penalty) & a TD. Hmm...

I always thought it was AJ job the day we signed him But him starting to come around will make Daves decision easier for everybody to accept in MOP

BizarroAndres said:
Blindly? Fiedlers started for 4 years. What do you call the blindly devoted fans of the former 3rd string QB who hasnt started since 2002?
Speaking of former 3rd stringers, remind me again where jay sat on the depth chart in Phi, Minn, and jack until the ripe old age of 29...That is until he hooked up with dave "I've never met a Defensive Cordinator that didn't like me" Wanstedt...

SMadison29 said:
I think the title of this thread is wrong. We came into this preseason with no starting QB. Did Fiedler do enough to win the starting QB job?

With all the familiarity Fiedler has with the players(not the offense because it's basically a new offense) how many scoring drives did he lead us on? 2, both FGs. How many did Feeley have? 3, 2 FGs(1 should have been a TD, damn penalty) & a TD. Hmm...

Fiedler had penaltys, and either way its preseason.

TorontoFin said:
Speaking of former 3rd stringers, remind me again where jay sat on the depth chart in Phi, Minn, and jack until the ripe old age of 29...That is until he hooked up with dave "I've never met a Defensive Cordinator that didn't like me" Wanstedt...

And you wanted Jay to start?

Yeah.. i wanted Jay to start for the Toronto Argos, so I can go to my first CFL game ever and throw natchos at him

But to seriously answer your question..No i wasn't crazy about Jay taking over for dan..but I pretty much kept my mouth shut and gave him a year or so to prove me wrong. he's had four since then, and he hasen't proved me, or any of his critcs, wrong. And BTW, where he sat on the depth chart before Mia had no bearing on why he's a failure..just as it had no bearing on say, gannon or warner's later sucesses. I just mentioned it sarcastically to show the silliness of your 3rd string argument. I'm willing to give AJ (who has so much more promise than jay ever did) the same benefit of the doubt I gave Jay. Only time will tell if he's the "Jay Fiedler" sort of 3rd stringer or the "Rich gannon" kind.

Back
Top Bottom