Merged: All of you .../Did Feeley do enough to earn the starting job? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All of you .../Did Feeley do enough to earn the starting job?

Starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TorontoFin said:
But to seriously answer your question..No i wasn't crazy about Jay taking over for dan..but I pretty much kept my mouth shut and gave him a year or so to prove me wrong. he's had four since then, and he hasen't proved me, or any of his critcs, wrong. And BTW, where he sat on the depth chart before Mia had no bearing on why he's a failure..just as it had no bearing on say, gannon or warner's later sucesses. I just mentioned it sarcastically to show the silliness of your 3rd string argument. I'm willing to give AJ (who has so much more promise than jay ever did) the same benefit of the doubt I gave Jay. Only time will tell if he's the "Jay Fiedler" sort of 3rd stringer or the "Rich gannon" kind.
Nicely said. i agree in 4 yrs Ears hasn't proven anything worthwhile to us.i for one am ready for the Feeley era to begin whether 9it lasts only a year or so i don't care. Anything is better than the same old record thats been playing the last 4 yrs. ANd personally I don't care if we don't win any games this year. because that is sure to bring change. If that ever happens.

I have never hated Jay but I agree this team needs to try a new direction. The defense is there, maybe our offense can start to catch up. I think a big part of that is this change at quarterback. Go AJ!!!!

NCFINFAN38 said:
AJ looked horrible. Jay should start and Sage the #2. We should look for who gets cut for the #3 spot. AJ should be cut.

:shakeno:
or u are a big idiot, or u are a crazy :goof: bills fan.... :fire:

[]´s
God Bless Us!!!

It's always humorous when stats are posted about Fiedler being the 3rd winningest active QB, behind Brady and Warner. Whom among us can argue that its the defense that wins 8 or so of Miami's games per yer? That means to get into the playoffs, the offense has to win two games for sure. Fiedler has been at the helm for four years, with what, two playoff berths? That's not a very good resume' for a QB in that he's missed the playoffs twice in four years with 8 victories in his pocket from the get-go. He seems like a nice guy and he's taken all the heat pretty well, but it's time to pull the plug. Put in Feeley.

NCFINFAN38 said:
AJ looked horrible. Jay should start and Sage the #2. We should look for who gets cut for the #3 spot. AJ should be cut.

:drinker: :crazy: :infins: Lame.

When I saw Feeley throw that long pass with just enough touch to go over the defender's head and right on the numbers for Chambers I was sold. I've never seen Fielder throw a long pass with that much touch and accuracy. Feeley handled himself well enough to start in my book. Give him the ball

Most of you on this board who say a tie between the two QBs should be given to Fiedler are wrong. In just a couple of training camps AJ has done as much (and some say better) as Fiedler. We know Fiedler can't get better. He's has four years to get better and failed. AJ has caught him after 4 Camps and three preseason games. Imagine how much better he would be if Wanny would have let him have all the snaps with the first team in those camps.

Just a thought, Had AJ not been injured in college, we might be talking about Harrington here. Harrington was AJ's backup until a season ending injury, and the rest is history. AJ has a ton of upside, including a much better long ball. That's enough for me right now. We need big plays to make up for a weak running game, and AJ is our best chance to make that happen. :D

I'd go with Feeley, but I expect to see both QB's at times this season. There might be games where Fieldler's mobility would be an advantage. One thing for sure we're in trouble in Sage gets in there. He looked horrible as he almost always does!

Greatness said:
It's always humorous when stats are posted about Fiedler being the 3rd winningest active QB, behind Brady and Warner. Whom among us can argue that its the defense that wins 8 or so of Miami's games per yer? That means to get into the playoffs, the offense has to win two games for sure. Fiedler has been at the helm for four years, with what, two playoff berths? That's not a very good resume' for a QB in that he's missed the playoffs twice in four years with 8 victories in his pocket from the get-go. He seems like a nice guy and he's taken all the heat pretty well, but it's time to pull the plug. Put in Feeley.

I hope AJ gets the start too, but I just can't let uninformed statements go unchallenged.

We would have made the playoffs the last two years if Fiedler hadn't gotten hurt.

IMO, Fiedler has not been able to regain the form of early 2002. That's why he will lose the job to AJ.

168-12 huh?

Where are the fiedler huggers?

Be a man and own up! I want to see all 12 fiedler huggers post here.

"Girls, why do they act this way....cos we all know, thats how f**** cowards roll, keep rollin, rollin"

SUPPORT YOUR BOY

Yeah, the Fiedler huggers have been surprisingly quiet!! I give props to Minus for leaving the dark side.... j/k!! But yet to hear from the likes of Dolfinatic718, Catapano, etc...... C'mon... Your boy needs you right now!!!!!:D

Feeley has actually had two td throws this preseason called back due to penalties....

Back
Top Bottom