MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game

DaQuix said:
Everyone was saying when the Bills drafted him that he was a steal at #23 ... I cant believe he had nearly 40 yards rushing on his first game.
well like i said in the other thread how can you say he was a "steal" you gave up this years second and next years first. how is that a "steal"?
if you dont post a good record this year you got "RAPED" for losman.
and the cowboys are smilling like they were when you guys heard "wide right"

Lukin, I thought Feeley looked very poised with a great arm. Good leadership in the two minute drill etc. Didn't see Losman but I remember screaming about it on draft day, he was sitting right there but I think we HAD to go o-line, no choice. Tough deal.

I watched the game. Overall I was impressed by Mcgahee and Losman. I believe their OLine is just as bout as bad as last year Bledsoe was a sitting duck back there again. Mcgahee had some nice runs and is a very slashy type of back.

DaQuix said:
Technically we only gave up a #2 pick - we basically traded #1 picks - we traded next years #1 pick for Dallas's.
i think you are wrong i am pretty sure you had to include next years first you guys jumped like 10 spots or more.

tenndolfan said:
i think you are wrong i am pretty sure you had to include next years first you guys jumped like 10 spots or more.

Let me explain. Both teams get TWO first round picks. We got our two 1st round picks THIS YEAR ... they get there TWO first round picks next year.

Both teams get TWO first round picks some year.

They gave us there first round this year and we give them our first round next year. It was a trade.

The only thing we really GAVE them that we didnt recieve was a 2nd rounder - so I think a 2nd rounder for a sound QB is a steal.

Should we clear off a spot for him in Canton? Or are we gonna wait a while? My god, one preseason game and the guy is the second coming of Namath.

FinSinceBirth said:
He is pretty ****y and had "people" issues, that's the bad thing about him

Yeah I understand what your saying but for Buffalo fans we like that. When you have a history of Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, and Drew Bledsoe - all QB's that arent real ****y leaders we want one for once!

We havent had a ****y leader since Jim Kelly in 96'

DaQuix said:
Yeah I understand what your saying but for Buffalo fans we like that. When you have a history of Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, and Drew Bledsoe - all QB's that arent real ****y leaders we want one for once!

We havent had a ****y leader since Jim Kelly in 96'
Yea that makes sense, but the only concern is if he gets carried away. ****y is good but too ****y is very bad, know what i'm saying? That was always my concer when it was rumored miami would draft a qb.

Yes.I agree .This was the best year to acquire a franchise QB in many years (Since the Marino draft year 1983?) .Plus Henson was available.We didnt get any of them because of the Fin "Win now"attitude which precluded any "Potential "franchise QBs from being acquired.We will pay for that mistake in years to come.That why its so important do what has to be done.Get it over with .Rebuild.That doesnt mean getting rid of our star players but it does mean changing coaches and philosophy-.

DaQuix said:
Let me explain. Both teams get TWO first round picks. We got our two 1st round picks THIS YEAR ... they get there TWO first round picks next year.

Both teams get TWO first round picks some year.

They gave us there first round this year and we give them our first round next year. It was a trade.

The only thing we really GAVE them that we didnt recieve was a 2nd rounder - so I think a 2nd rounder for a sound QB is a steal.
so you dont have a first next year right?

MikeO said:
Should we clear off a spot for him in Canton? Or are we gonna wait a while? My god, one preseason game and the guy is the second coming of Namath.

HUH? There talking about the reasons why Dolphins didnt pick him up - chill out

FinSinceBirth said:
Yea that makes sense, but the only concern is if he gets carried away. ****y is good but too ****y is very bad, know what i'm saying? That was always my concer when it was rumored miami would draft a qb.

True

Yeah, Losman is ****y as hell. But that's a good quality for a star QB! After the game they were asking him about how accurate he was on the run. And he said something like, "I am accurate everywhere."

:roflmao:

He showed great poise for his first real NFL action. And the great thing is we can let him sit a year or two like Chad Pennington did because we got our 2005 1st rounder a year early!

:tongue:

tenndolfan said:
so you dont have a first next year right?

Right. We traded 1st rounders. But no-one LOST a 1st rounder.

Back
Top Bottom