Merged: Art Shell for President, Saban's Miami Coaching Staff, etc | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Art Shell for President, Saban's Miami Coaching Staff, etc

people have that steroetype about college coaches in the NFL especialy with the recent failures of butch and spurrier... maybe thats it...

Who voted?

Probably fans of other teams that don't want Saban in Miami.

Look at the comments guys like Bill Polian, Gil Brandt, Bill Belichick, George Perles, and Don Shula have made about him.

Yea..Not sure how I feel about it either...All I've seen that matters is taking LSU to a CO-National Championship...

arsenal said:
people have that steroetype about college coaches in the NFL especialy with the recent failures of butch and spurrier... maybe thats it...
Isn't that a good reason?? Or better yet....

Can anyone name a successfull COllege coach that moved to the NFL and had success?? I can't think of one...

BringBackShula said:

Can anyone name a successfull COllege coach that moved to the NFL and had success?? I can't think of one...
Jimmy Johnson

with guys like spurrier and switzer failing it gives way to the stereotype that a good college coach is not a good pro coach.

heck...even pitino, calipari...it doesn't work out sometimes and people are skeptical.

BringBackShula said:

Saban is a bit different than most of these celebrated cases because he was an established NFL assistant who stepped back down to college for a HC position. He'd been coming back into the NFL ranks, and as such would not be a total :newbie:.

(Sorry. I just HAD to use that smiley.)

I think KB21 hit the nail on the head. I'll put my faith in what winning coaches such as Shula say about Saban. Who better to evaluate the talent and personality needed to be a successful football coach?

Boom ... a lot to like in that post ... a couple things I want to point out:

1) I'd love Bates to stay as DC, but if he doesn't, Cleveland would be a great spot for him. I think that city could get behind the enthusiasm and work ethic he could bring.

2) Akina as DC would be fantastic. Remember, Texas has to see powerful running attackes week in and week out in the Big XII, and our run defense needs help.

Hey..I'm not doubting the guy..I'm just not that familiar with what he's done..WHat Pro job did he hold in the league? Was he successfull? And isn't Saban defensive minded? I though we were in desperate need of Offense.

brech10 said:
with guys like spurrier and switzer failing it gives way to the stereotype that a good college coach is not a good pro coach.

How did Switzer fail? IIRC he has a Superbowl ring.

KB21 said:
Who voted?

Probably fans of other teams that don't want Saban in Miami.

Look at the comments guys like Bill Polian, Gil Brandt, Bill Belichick, George Perles, and Don Shula have made about him.
That would be my guess.If it were dolphins fans I would think it would be 80 pct in favor.

Rick 1966 said:
How did Switzer fail? IIRC he has a Superbowl ring.

Switzer won that title with JJ's team. Look how they fell apart because of Jones' arrogance and Switzers incompetence.

Plus, you never saw Shula chowing down on a hot dog on the bench during a game, even if it was the Pro Bowl :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom