Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

SleepWithDaFish said:
sorry......i will carry it over to that thread. Once again....sorry.

Dont apologize to me :lol:

Im not like a mod or anything so no reason to do that at all

Just sayin you will probally get an anwser sooner there

Shall I write here or in the Ask Boomer thread?

I'll go here......I like him. Not the archetypal Linehan system passer because of the lack of arm strength, but with elements of Mularkey's system I think he'd be a good fit. Obviously the torn labrum has to be a major concern and the strictest of tests would need to be carried out. But he's a Pro Bowl quality passer who struggled with a lack of downfield talents in San Diego and is a player who we could give the QB keys to for 5/6/7 seasons.

Boomer said:
Shall I write here or in the Ask Boomer thread?

I'll go here......I like him. Not the archetypal Linehan system passer because of the lack of arm strength, but with elements of Mularkey's system I think he'd be a good fit. Obviously the torn labrum has to be a major concern and the strictest of tests would need to be carried out. But he's a Pro Bowl quality passer who struggled with a lack of downfield talents in San Diego and is a player who we could give the QB keys to for 5/6/7 seasons.

do you feel our downfield talents are better than san diegos? after all they have gates and mccardell, which are pretty comparable to mcmike and CC.

FSUPhin said:
Hey Boomer,

How likely do you think it is that we land him?

If the shoulder works out then we have to be seen as a hugely strong contender. To get a starting QB, a Pro Bowl passer and not have to give up a pick is great.

finfan32 said:
do you feel our downfield talents are better than san diegos? after all they have gates and mccardell, which are pretty comparable to mcmike and CC.

Gates is the best TE in the league. McCardell is a possession WR, nowhere near the same league as Chambers.

Ok Boomer heres one for you its a two part question

1- What kind of money do you think brees will want

2- How close is his arm to healing? Ive heard its going great so far but will he ever be 100% like he was before?

tylerdolphin said:
Who do you think is one prjected 1st rounder we should touch? In other words who is projected in the 1st round, but is way over-rated?

A first round pick who might be overrated........Jon Scott

Boomer said:
A first round pick who might be overrated........Jon Scott

Can Kiwanaku slip to us in the second round since he got beat up by D'Brick at Senior bowl practices? Realistically?

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Not blowing smoke, its a pleasure to read how detaiedl you, CK, and KB break things down. I know you each post at great length and might therefore miss an additional question or two as followups...so here goes.

Presuming Alabi is the LT, what are your thoughts or what do you forsee when it comes to OLine adjustments via FA or more importantly the draft in Guard options for us?

Is Guard weighted slightly greater in need if Alabi is that LT, or C a bigger need?

When I look at our OL I see issues. Is Carey a RT, is he the LT, is he the RG? Wade Smith? T, G or C? Hadnot? C or RG? McIntsoh? LT, RT? Lots of square pegs and round holes. I think we need a G and a RT and a C.

it wasn't his throwing arm, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. he's going to cost a pretty penny.... but, you don't toy around with QBs... you just pay em. especially a pro bowl type guy.

emale2u1 said:
Knowing that you can't believe most what is said about the draft, but I read that Dennis Green (Arizona) said something like that he would have a tough time not taking Young if he slipped down that far. Don't you think Arizona is a strong candidate to take Young?

If Green doesn't take LenDale White I will be amazed. The Cards can pass the ball. They have 2 of the best WR's in football bar none. They need to run block better and they need a back. JJ Arrington simply flattered to deceive. A straight ahead back in college, he stayed a straight ahead back in the pros. White immediately opens the door to the pass game. Young will take 2 years. I don't think Green can waste 2 more years waiting for him to come to the fore, when he could get himself a 1500 yard back. Plus that huge, guaranteed deal they just hooked Warner up with.......

His Dudeness said:
it wasn't his throwing arm, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. he's going to cost a pretty penny.... but, you don't toy around with QBs... you just pay em. especially a pro bowl type guy.

it was his throwing arm actually

emale2u1 said:
I agree that Brees makes the most sense of all the potential QB's out there. Who do you see as Miami's biggest competitors for him given needs and salary cap issues?

Well, all the teams with QB issues to be honest, except maybe the Raiders. Arizona is a team that could bring in a FA QB rather than draft one. Us, the Jets, etc.

sports24/7 said:
It really looks like you are almost convinced now that Cutler will go 3 and Yound will be there at 16. About a week ago these were what you "thought" would happen. Are you now thoroughly convinced this will be the case? I'm not doubting you just curious how strongly you feel this is the case, because you sound pretty sure. Its starting to look like we will have our QB set come draft day, but Young would be very tempting if it is a vet that we bring in. Like you said his upside is huge. I'm also curious how you think he would work out at WR if after a few years the QB thing doesn't work out. With his size and athleticism I would think he could end up being a very good WR.

Just from all the things that happen, the press tells you a lot, you hear odd things, whispers from Tennessee, etc. I just think that the Titans fell in love with Cutler in Mobile. I'm not convinced on anything, but I'm pretty sure, as we stand today, that this is what will play out with regards Cutler and the Titans.

As for WR, well it depends what his hands and his routes are like to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom