Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

tylerdolphin said:
I suppose its time to bump something to page one that isnt Ricky related.
boomer, what do you think about Brodrick Bunkley from FSU. I like him. I think whoever gets him will have a great steal.

I like Bunkley a hell of a lot. I like him inside at tackle and outside at end in our system, sort of like Richard Seymour.

Broderick is very strong, excellent at the point, explosive first 2 steps, great pad level and the Dolphins are very interested. I think he can handle 1 or 2 gap responsibilities easily, mixing between the two. Mr Clean makes a great comparison which is a better Anthony McFarland and I'd have to agree with that. I think he's be a very strong pick at 16.

dolphinzen said:
Can Kiwanaku slip to us in the second round since he got beat up by D'Brick at Senior bowl practices? Realistically?

Very unlikely mate. Plus he's pretty small to play end in our system size wise.

Boomer said:
I like Bunkley a hell of a lot. I like him inside at tackle and outside at end in our system, sort of like Richard Seymour.

Broderick is very strong, excellent at the point, explosive first 2 steps, great pad level and the Dolphins are very interested. I think he can handle 1 or 2 gap responsibilities easily, mixing between the two. Mr Clean makes a great comparison which is a better Anthony McFarland and I'd have to agree with that. I think he's be a very strong pick at 16.

Thanks for your insights Boomer. Who makes a better NT prospect in our system Bunkley or Gabe Watson. If you think Watson is the better man would it be strictly because of his size?

Alex22 said:
Ok Boomer heres one for you its a two part question

1- What kind of money do you think brees will want

2- How close is his arm to healing? Ive heard its going great so far but will he ever be 100% like he was before?

Well, to be honest there's not been a great deal about how much he'd want. The sticking point with the Chargers is the guaranteed cash. I'd imagine a pretty decent signing fee.

The arm is doing well. He's 4 weeks ahead of schedule. Orthopedists have said Brees should fully recover – given his youth, excellent physical condition and ability to devote every waking hour to his rehab. The only question, the doctors said, is how long it takes for Brees' arm to return to full strength. It is possible, even likely, he will be full-go by the start of the season. But it could take as long as nine months for him to get there, doctors said. We shall see.

dolphinzen said:
Thanks for your insights Boomer. Who makes a better NT prospect in our system Bunkley or Gabe Watson. If you think Watson is the better man would it be strictly because of his size?

Gabe Watson, and yes. Well, mostly. Bunkley gets extra points for his versatility because he COULD play NT in the rotation or he could play either end position (meaning Holliday's spot or Carter's spot)...but Watson is a better pure NT prospect.

Boomer said:
If Green doesn't take LenDale White I will be amazed. The Cards can pass the ball. They have 2 of the best WR's in football bar none. They need to run block better and they need a back. JJ Arrington simply flattered to deceive. A straight ahead back in college, he stayed a straight ahead back in the pros. White immediately opens the door to the pass game. Young will take 2 years. I don't think Green can waste 2 more years waiting for him to come to the fore, when he could get himself a 1500 yard back. Plus that huge, guaranteed deal they just hooked Warner up with.......

You think arrogant Dennis Green is ready to admit that he wasted a very early 2nd round pick 16 games ago? That's just not Denny's style. White is borderline Jim Brown when it comes to offering Pass protection, Denny has always been about the small speed RB as well. (Robert Smith to Mike Bennett to Arrington)
I'm not sure I'd pencil in LenDale in Arizona

dolphinzen said:

CK is right. Watson is a nose tackle. Can't see a man of his size playing at end. Bunkley's versatility is huge because Saban loves that rotation on the DL and Bunk can man inside and out.

A guy to keep an eye on would be Daryl Tapp, the DE from Virginia. After initially getting engulfed a little bit at the Senior Bowl he really ended up impressing scouts a lot with his pass rush and relentless style.

The Patriots are reminded very much of a young Tedy Bruschi, who once upon a time was an ultra-productive but undersized 6'1" 250 lbs. defensive end out of Arizona. They think he moves well and has a lot of heart like Tedy, and would immediately mix it up as a linebacker.

They took Bruschi and they sort of eased him into the Patriots' original defense under Parcells and Belichick. The Patriots will be looking at Daryl Tapp in the 2nd round most likely, but teams with the same idea could already have taken him by then...including us.

Yettyskills said:
You think arrogant Dennis Green is ready to admit that he wasted a very early 2nd round pick 16 games ago? That's just not Denny's style. White is borderline Jim Brown when it comes to offering Pass protection, Denny has always been about the small speed RB as well. (Robert Smith to Mike Bennett to Arrington)

Clearly LenDale in Glendale hasn't hit you yet.

Dennis Green needs to start winning games or he's out of a job. He needs to pound the ball to help Warner and help the run game. Marcel Shipp is no midget either. He needs OL help. He could go Winston Justice, but White gives his offense a huge boost. We'll see.

vice ceo

Have you heard of Booknight from Wyoming? If you saw the Bowl game were UW beat UCLA you have.

He was always triple teamed in every game and still had 100 yrd games and TD's. If you have heard of him, do you see him being drafted?

Yettyskills said:

Denny Green is arrogant, but I've never noticed the kind of arrogance that makes him stick with an untalented player even if there are better options...and Green generally made use of more than just one back in Minnesota, lest we forget the Leroy Hoards and Moe Williams' of that offense.

If I would assign any Denny Green nature to a possible draft choice of his, I would say he's not likely to choose Jay Cutler because A) he's young and Denny shows a clear preference for veterans, and B) he's white.

wyo said:
vice ceo

[url]http://images.finheaven.com/forums/customavatars/avatar4920_6.gif[/URL]

Have you heard of Booknight from Wyoming? If you saw the Bowl game were UW beat UCLA you have.

He was always triple teamed in every game and still had 100 yrd games and TD's. If you have heard of him, do you see him being drafted?

Do you mean Jovon Bouknight?

He'd certainly be on my sleeper list. Great size and hands. Will be fascinating to see what he does in Indy. He can return kicks as well and would be a decent 2nd day pick.

Back
Top Bottom