Merged: Bloody March! JOEY release today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Bloody March! JOEY release today

ESPN Bottom Line Confirmed!!

McMichael and Harringotn gone. I never dreamed our FO was going to clean up like this. It's scary but it's probably a good thing seeing as this current core of players haven't been able to win squat. Time will tell.

I know. I have to admit... I'm pretty stunned by all this. I didn't know Cameron was going to gut the team. It can be a good thing. Miami will definitely have a new offense.

At some point you have to wonder, when is Miami going to start ADDING players? It is like a vacuum opened up or something. Is there even another quality TE in FA right now?

Where have you been? I want Trent Green because he knows Cam's offense and he would be a great help in getting Quinn up to speed so he could start in 08. -Drafting the Qb is only half the process, grooming him is the other half and Green fits that role alot better than Culpepper.

I guess so. You'd have to make the move after we get Quinn (big IF) because without Quinn, than Culpepper > Green. Otherwise what you said makes absolute sense.

He hasn't gotten rid of any player that i lament being rid of.

Good Riddance. McM did nothing the past couple of years but drop passes and miss blocks.

we're clearing up space. doing the right thing.

we're moving in the right direction

I totally agree with you. I wish we could have gotten SOMETHING in terms of picks for those guys but I am not by any means upset that they are gone.

Are you kidding me how can you say that its ok for us to let go of one of the best TE's in the league just think about that. I understand some of the other moves that he is making but this is just stupid. Not only is McMichael an awesome TE he is one of the biggest leader on the team. All I know is now we have all this cap room so this Camron better start doing something with it. Cuz I dont think we have 20 picks in the draft and the FA players are getting picked up like crazy. I could of sworn we got rid of wanstedt but hey here we go again another losing season for us fans and maybe acouple more after that.

I dont know about letting McMike walk...He has some value and think we may have been able to get some picks for him...But i trust that management has some kind of plan in place and trust that in the end they are making the right moves...

Lets go Dolphins

he was too expensive, so everyone knew we were going to cut him and no one wanted to give us a draft pick for an overpaid wife beating tight end with butter fingers...

I know. I have to admit... I'm pretty stunned by all this. I didn't know Cameron was going to gut the team. It can be a good thing. Miami will definitely have a new offense.

At some point you have to wonder, when is Miami going to start ADDING players? It is like a vacuum opened up or something. Is there even another quality TE in FA right now?

Definitely utilizing the addition by subtraction approach. Not too surprised about gutting the team though. Something needed to be done about the offense. As far as quality TE how bout Eric Johnson? Had an off year last year (and I think injured too but now healthy) but he was productive in '05. Dont be surprised if we take a TE as high as third round in draft. At this point with Harrington gone what to do in 1st. BPA at WR, QB or OL (especially G)? Let the speculation and the multi-merged threads begin!

Randy Mcmichael's blocking absolutely sucks! After that MIN game, I called his imminent release. I thought we'd be able trade him, but I guess not.

He was a big part of our offensive woes. Every time I would see him miss a block that would get Ronnie tackled behind the line of scrimmage...or get beat and get our QBs sacked...I knew that TE was definitely a big part in need of UPgrading.

Hopefully, Martin becomes a red zone target and either Peele, Halterman, or a rookie becomes a big time blocker in the passing/running game...

This is a big part of our offensive revamping.

I hope we trade for Trent Green or resign Joey. We could have worse QB issues than the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom