Merged: Brandon Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brandon Marshall

musphinzfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brandon Marshall-

Anyone got the goods on him?...From what I saw of him in the Bowl game he is the best WR ive seen this year..Absolutely dominated the game from my view although UCF lost.

musphinzfan said:
Anyone got the goods on him?...From what I saw of him in the Bowl game he is the best WR ive seen this year..Absolutely dominated the game from my view although UCF lost.

yea he looked very good. but he wasnt the best WR on his team this year. I think Walker was their best WR.

with marshalls performance though will probably push him to get drafted at some point. hes definitly 2nd day prospect. Its all going to depend on what he runs at the combine. If he runs over a 4.6, he might be moved to a TE spot.

EDIT: I do think he will run in the 4.6 area and be drafted as a WR. just saying if scouts arent impressive with his quickness and body control as a WR, they might move him.

Mike Walker is probably the best athlete on this team. B-Marsh is a local product that only had one year to show his ability due to lack of playing time and ineptitude at the QB position. As a freshman and Sophomore, he was buried in the depth chart behind some upperclassmen (Doug Gabriel (now with Raiders), Jimmy Fryzel (Orlando Predators), Tavares Capers and Luther Huggins(both got some NFL looks).

He had to switch to defense in 04 because after just a few games, 5 (yes,no error there)....FIVE SAFETIES went down with injury. They needed some form of athleticism at that position, so he and Walker were both moved. Both recievers played decent despite the circumstances.

If Brandon has a good combine, you can see him has a day 1 draft choice. He brings size to the WR position. He is listed at 6'4" 230 (for size comparisons, David Boston at one point with the Miami Dolphins was 6'2", 228) according to UCF's athletics page. I've talked to the guy over the years (last time in late November), and I am 6'2"...the guy is more along the lines of 6'5"/6'6". He was probably the biggest safety in D-1 football last season when he had to move. For a big guy, he has great speed, and if he can shed some pounds and improve it, he may be a sleeper.

Coming out of high school he ran the 40 in 4.55, and was recruited by Florida. When he signed with UCF, he was 6'5", 195. He ultimately got offers from UConn and UCF, and if he wanted to play defensive end, he probably would've gone to UF, because that's where they wanted to play him there. Of all "Athletes" considered by the Rivals.com recruiting network, he was ranked #76 out of the top 100 nationally. An "Athlete" is defined as someone who can be switched around in a variety of positions (luckily for UCF, he was able to play some safety).

I will graduate with Brandon and befriended him over the years, being one of the few fans that would come up to him and talk football while we were really bad during his sophomore and junior years. It would be incredible if he got drafted by the Dolphins, but I will be happy for him wherever he goes in the NFL.

The Numbers
Games: 13
Catches: 74
Yards: 1195
Yards/Reception: 16.1
Touchdowns: 11
Long: 69
Average Yards/Game: 91.9

Game by Game
South Carolina: 10/102
USF: 4/39/1
Marshall: 3/65/1
Louisiana-Lafayette: 5/107/2
Memphis: 4/133/2
SoMiss: 2/22
Tulane: 10/110
ECU: 3/71
Houston: 7/120/1
UAB: 4/46
Rice: 4/61/1
Tulsa: 7/109
Nevada: 11/210/3

TerryTate said:
Mike Walker is probably the best athlete on this team. B-Marsh is a local product that only had one year to show his ability due to lack of playing time and ineptitude at the QB position. As a freshman and Sophomore, he was buried in the depth chart behind some upperclassmen (Doug Gabriel (now with Raiders), Jimmy Fryzel (Orlando Predators), Tavares Capers and Luther Huggins(both got some NFL looks).

He had to switch to defense in 04 because after just a few games, 5 (yes,no error there)....FIVE SAFETIES went down with injury. They needed some form of athleticism at that position, so he and Walker were both moved. Both recievers played decent despite the circumstances.

If Brandon has a good combine, you can see him has a day 1 draft choice. He brings size to the WR position. He is listed at 6'4" 230 (for size comparisons, David Boston at one point with the Miami Dolphins was 6'2", 228) according to UCF's athletics page. I've talked to the guy over the years (last time in late November), and I am 6'2"...the guy is more along the lines of 6'5"/6'6". He was probably the biggest safety in D-1 football last season when he had to move. For a big guy, he has great speed, and if he can shed some pounds and improve it, he may be a sleeper.

Coming out of high school he ran the 40 in 4.55, and was recruited by Florida. When he signed with UCF, he was 6'5", 195. He ultimately got offers from UConn and UCF, and if he wanted to play defensive end, he probably would've gone to UF, because that's where they wanted to play him there. Of all "Athletes" considered by the Rivals.com recruiting network, he was ranked #76 out of the top 100 nationally. An "Athlete" is defined as someone who can be switched around in a variety of positions (luckily for UCF, he was able to play some safety).

I will graduate with Brandon and befriended him over the years, being one of the few fans that would come up to him and talk football while we were really bad during his sophomore and junior years. It would be incredible if he got drafted by the Dolphins, but I will be happy for him wherever he goes in the NFL.

you know better than I do. but cant even remember a case when a player was listed 1 or 2 inches below his height. just doesnt happen. usually players are listed above what they really are.

like i said though, you know better than me, so u may be right on this account

204555-1.jpeg

Headshot
70860-1.jpeg

Brandon on Defense
F138087-1.jpg

Brandon taps a ball to himself downfield for the first UCF touchdown of the Hawai'i Bowl[/img]

clear.gif

This clutch 4th quarter catch put UCF in the C-USA Championship game.

clear.gif

clear.gif

This catch lead to a UCF victory over Marshall, ending the nation's longest losing streak.

I would love to have him or Darcy Johnson on the phins. I think they will both make it in the pros.

Darcy is a 6'6 tight end who can block and just seems to catch everything.

UCF receiver Brandon Marshall

Did anyone happen to watch UCF senior receiver Brandon Marshall in the Hawaii bowl, what do you think about the Fins grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th round. He's a 6'5" 230lb receiver thats strong and can make big plays. He's a huge deepthreat and can also make the big catch across the middle.

NAME REC YDS YPR LONG TD
Brandon Marshall74 1195 16.1 69(TD) 11

this is this years stats on him...

Nope

Brandon Marshall is a free agent/late pick guy. He is not real fast and despite breaking a couple tackles in the Bowl game not real elusive, so unless he shows some unseen speed at the combine...... ....... the better prospect is Junior Mike Walker out with knee injury (not severe). The other UCF prospects this year are Darcy Johnson (te, possible 4-6 rd. pick if he runs well) Frisner Nelson (late round/FA DT) and Paul Carrington (late round/FA de/lb)

Potential late round talent...

what do you all think about Brandon Marshall, a WR from the University of Central Florida... I think he could be a nice steal with one of our 7th rounders. Had one hell of a year in the C-USA, has great size, pretty good speed, and a huge vertical leap.

6'4" 230
2005: 74 catches for 1,195 yards; 16.1 average; 11 td's
Sheraton Hawaii Bowl: 11 receptions, 201 yards, 3 td's

Back
Top Bottom