Merged: Brandon Marshall | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brandon Marshall

phinfan77 said:
no

but if he's good we bettere hope he falls to the 7th round

he might... what ever team lands him will be happy thats for sure...

Brandon Marshall

He had a big day today at hula bowl. Here's an interseting scouting report from Drew Boylhart at The Huddle Report. This guy seems to be very accurate in his assesments of players. I remember him saying that Tony Bua would be great special teamer for whoever drafted him, and he guaranteed that from the get go he would be making big hits that make you stand up say BOOO-UHHH!!!

BRANDON MARSHALL

Strengths

Brandon is a big, strong, tall, powerful receiver. He has very strong hands and catches the ball away from his body. He shows excellent quickness for his size and has a great burst off the line of scrimmage. Brandon does a very good job blocking and shows excellent leadership skills. He looks to be an excellent teammate and at this stage of the draft, does not seem to be on anyone's radar screen except for ours here at THR.

Needs to Improve

Some people will suggest that he might be a TE. Trust me, he is too quick in and out of his breaks to waste at TE, although if you want to put him in the slot on third and long, he will impact.

Bottom Line

I think the most intriguing aspect of Brandon’s game is that he has a relativity short stride for such a large person. We are definitely talking about 1st round talent that should be picked sometime the first day, but you never know what will happen in a draft. Brandon’s first step off the line is large, but quick. Then I notice that he never over-strides after that first step. This keeps him on balance to make quick cuts, stops and fakes while he is running his routes at full speed. At his size, he is probably the quickest in and out of his breaks that I've ever seen. This makes his 40-yd speed, no matter what it is, a non-issue. He has very strong "run after catch" abilities along with strong hands -- and is mentally tough. He is also just learning the WR position. He really wants to be “the manâ€Â, but also understands how he should fit in a team concept. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to take Brandon at the end of the first round, but as you all know, that’s just me and not the reality of where a player will actually go in the draft. To be truthful, isn’t that what THR is all about -- the ability to project when a player will be taken in the draft? THR is not solely about profiling players. What makes THR so valuable to so many GM’s, Head Coaches, Directors of Scouting, National TV Commentators and Player Agents is the over 80% accuracy rating of what round or what day a player is projected to be picked in the draft. So now, I have profiled a sleeper. It should be fun to see how many people agree with me before the draft and then where he gets picked. I think Brandon has big time written all over him. A new Marshall has come to town and he’s ready to clean up.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/profiles/BrandonMarshall.htm

I wasnt as impressed as most people with his performance against Nevada in the bowl game, but was very impressed with his route running and hands tonight. I would be very happy to see him still there on the second day.

This kid is a STUD! He is off the radar because he doesnt go to a big-time football program... and because he was forced to play Saftey his junior year because of massive amounts of injuries to the secondary...

I would be jumping on my couch if he fell to us in the 5th round...

Nasty said:
This kid is a STUD! He is off the radar because he doesnt go to a big-time football program... and because he was forced to play Saftey his junior year because of massive amounts of injuries to the secondary...

I would be jumping on my couch if he fell to us in the 5th round...

Should of looked here.....lol....ok 5th rounder...interesting.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Should of looked here.....lol....ok 5th rounder...interesting.

haha... I was just answering your post in the other thread.

He could go as high as a 3rd after pro-days and stuff.

But I think he most likely is around a 4th-6th...

I love Brandon Marshall, but Drew Boylhart will forever be known to me as the dufus who said that Phil Rivers should move to TIGHT END in the NFL. He also projected Vernon Carey as a Center.

ckparrothead said:
I love Brandon Marshall, but Drew Boylhart will forever be known to me as the dufus who said that Phil Rivers should move to TIGHT END in the NFL. He also projected Vernon Carey as a Center.

Well, I would disagree with him that he is a 1st round talent... IMO, he would have to run in the 4.3 range for that...

But I think he is a hell of a target (6'6 230lbs :eek: ) and would be a great pick around the 4th-5th round. If he has a good combine/pro-day... he might be able to slip into the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom