Merged: Brian Griese is a Dolphin! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brian Griese is a Dolphin!

The Griese pickup is a vital one, imo, not b/c Griese will start, but b/c if you are going to be successful in the NFL you must have a QB on the bench who is competent (as we proved last year). It is highly unlikely that Griese will be able to beat out Fiedler at this late stage, but he will add so much to the team:
1) The team and coaches will be confident to use Jay in all situations without the "fear" factor of whether he gets hurt.

2) If Fiedler does get hurt, the rest of the team will still have confidence, and the team should continue to do well.

3) Despite all the 'smack' from Denver and some Miami fans about Griese's poor play - and despite the fact he did play poorly - Griese is a decent QB. His problem was the mental and emotional pressure. He was ready skill-wise to start in the NFL, but he was not mature enough to handle the pressure of starting at his age, let alone in Denver as John Elway's replacement!

4) Being in Miami with a lot of fan support and with less pressure in terms of expectations (the Media all realize that he is not a savior, nor the 2nd coming of Bob) and not even being a starter, will help him rejuvinate his career.

He still has hurdles, but this move solidifies depth at a critical position. If the key players remain healthy, we should be very successful this year.

Originally posted by Spider
Signing Griese is an improvment ? LMMFAO

And the signing of J Plummeted WAS ??? I am still LMMFAO over that ingenious shanahan move .....:confused: :rolleyes: :goof:

Marino1983

Originally posted by NDGal

Who says I don't have a sense of humor?

:D

Are we having fun yet Fin Fans? :lol:

Well you do follow the donkeys,,, nuff said on that subject !!!

And if you want to tallk smack nd (if that is what you call you playground rap) take it to the appropriate forum .... We love to welcome egomaniacs !!!! :pirate:

Marino1983

Yeah Silly bronco fans wanting and expecting a QB to throw deeper then 10 yards and stay Healthy for an Entire season ....... What are we thinking .......... Now we wont have the Greasy health updates , or the Greasy Finger pointing , or the Infamous Greasy pouting on the Sidelines ........... and just Because it wont take Plummer an Hour to roll out and thrown One deep doesnt mean anything ....................:chuckle:

No your right :rolleyes: ..... Now you have a guy that has how many playoff appearances ? CHOKES all through the 16 game schedule, and ALWAYS finds some way to help his team LOSE a football game !!

Congratulations..... :rolleyes: :crazy: :roflmao:

Marino1983

least we will get to see a Long Pass

Yeah this IS true ..... The opponent db's on your donkeys schedule this season must be salivating at the thought of how much of an increase in their interception % will be !!! :lol:

Marino1983

this secures this team as the team to beat on paper for 2003. Forget the future we gotta win it all now. I am hoping when intro Griese as a Phin that he is handcuffed to Norv so that he can spend every waking moment learning the O. We need BGII to come in a take over a our 2nd starter w/o hitch if/when Jay gets hurt; unlike last years' loser backup QB.

BTW - nice to see that Sage is our starter in 2004 since both Griese and Jay now contracts that force them to be cut after 2003 :rolleyes:

P.S.

I cannot wait to see that first pix of Brian in aqua and orange with his arm around his dad. That is just gonna make this signing something special no matter how long the negotiations took.

:yes: :welcome:

Originally posted by Marino1983

No your right :rolleyes: ..... Now you have a guy that has how many playoff appearances ? CHOKES all through the 16 game schedule, and ALWAYS finds some way to help his team LOSE a football game !!

Congratulations..... :rolleyes: :crazy: :roflmao:

Marino1983
And Greasy has been in how many playoff games ? LMAO
LMAO as for the Rest of your Post . you described Greasy to a Tee ....... Well @ least you know what you are getting :chuckle: :spider:

And Greasy has been in how many playoff games ? LMAO
LMAO as for the Rest of your Post . you described Greasy to a Tee ....... Well @ least you know what you are getting

In case you didn't hear. Griese is our BACKUP QB! Your starter becomes our backup. Does that tell you anything? And then you replace him with a sorry a$$ QB and come hear talking like your in good shape. By the way, I'm sure you've seen what we've added this offseason , What have you added besides a butt crack showing loser?

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2

In case you didn't hear. Griese is our BACKUP QB! Your starter becomes our backup. Does that tell you anything? And then you replace him with a sorry a$$ QB and come hear talking like your in good shape. By the way, I'm sure you've seen what we've added this offseason , What have you added besides a butt crack showing loser?
you avitar fits you will , Now Sorry ÃÂss Qb you call jake huh , Gee Fielder wouldnt have Been able to QB the Cards , Unless of course your Prepared to tell me the cards are as good as the Phins :lol: We are in great Shape , Sammy Knight Seau is good but facing him twice a year like we have big Deal and you should sober up and realize it isnt who you signed as Much as if the guys you signed Gell.......... If just Signing was the way to go Redskins would have been Champions 3 Years in a Row now .......... So while I am sure you Like Butt crack your entire post is nothing more then Lashing out at a bronco fan who has hurt your feelings :chuckle: so yeah Griese is a Back up and were Betting he still finds away to screw that up or gets hurt ........:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by WharfRat
M83 and Spider....

Perhaps you didn't see my post... keep the smack in the smack forum.
Who is Smacking ? it is a light hearted debate from my point of view

Re: P.S.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I cannot wait to see that first pix of Brian in aqua and orange with his arm around his dad. That is just gonna make this signing something special no matter how long the negotiations took.

:yes: :welcome:

Please do not ever use the word "pix" when talking about any of our QB's! :D

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom