Merged: Brooks goes to the Bengals in the 3rd- PFT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brooks goes to the Bengals in the 3rd- PFT

burger13 said:
Is that why there were only 4 worse defenses in the league last year (SF, HOU, STL, BUF).

the Bengals needed help on defense.

ya on the Line!!

But they have 3 Great LBS already!!

Like I Said Pollack Thurman Simmons:dolphins:

Marvin Lewis + Ahmad Brooks + Hard work & Dedication = Pro Bowl.

RenoFinFan said:
Don't worry...we will be able to pick him up cheap in a couple of years when he gets done serving one his likely one year bans for testing positive.

:lol:

dominizzo said:
Why The Bengals!!!
HE wont even get playing time!!

Brian Simmons Odell Thurman David Pollack

Yeah, but he and Thurman can rotate parole times. ;-)

JK! I like what little I've seen of him, but a 3rd round pick is a bit too high a risk.

dominizzo said:
ya on the Line!!

Pollack had 28 tackles last year.........he was a very good college DE, but certainly not a lock to be a great pro LB. Off-field issues aside, I'd easily take Brooks over Pollack.

simmons isn't exactly a young pup either at 31......they could wind up releasing Simmons after this year and have a young Lb corp of Pollack, Brooks and Thurman.

AHH screw it... if Saban did not feel he was worth a 3rd then I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

RenoFinFan said:
Marvin Lewis + Ahmad Brooks + Smoking dope = Suspension
Any player in the league + "smoking dope" = suspension, IF CAUGHT. :confused:

I hope you realize how many NFL players smoke weed and don't get busted..

so much for all us smartie britches thinking Nick might even go as high as a 2nd.... it seems the highest we could have offered was 4th, IF we offered anything at all. Does anyone know how we might learn what we DID offer?

Blueprint said:
Any player in the league + "smoking dope" = suspension. :confused:

But only a special few come into the league having already been kicked off their college team for having already done so.

he was worth a 3rd, look at other 3rd round picks we've spent the last 5 years....

dominizzo said:
ya on the Line!!

Lewis ran a 3-4/4-3 hybrid in Baltimore. Brooks gives them that opportunity in Cincinnati.

Their DL consists of Justin Smith, Robert Geathers, Bryan Robinson and Sam Adams.

Robinson has always been light in the run stuffing dept, more destined for a 3-4 DT/DE role. Sam Adams, obviously a jumbo NT. Justin Smith (6'4" and 275), kind of like another Aaron Smith or Richard Seymour.

David Pollack is still far more comfortable putting his hand down than standing up.

The Bengals could now field a 3-4 that has Justin Smith at LDE, Sam Adams at NT, and Bryan Robinson at RDE, with David Pollack at ROLB, Odell Thurman at RILB, Brian Simmons at LILB, and Ahmad Brooks at LOLB.

That's pretty much EXACTLY what we were going to do with him.

RenoFinFan said:
But only a special few come into the league having already been kicked off their college team for having already done so.

Like I said, you don't realize how many NFL players smoke weed.

I'm sure quite a few Dolphins do as well. Cigs are worse anyways.

Besides, I said "hardwork & dedication" - Dedication leading to, not doing anything ILLEGAL maybe? :cooldude:

cnc66 said:
so much for all us smartie britches thinking Nick might even go as high as a 2nd.... it seems the highest we could have offered was 4th, IF we offered anything at all. Does anyone know how we might learn what we DID offer?

It appers that it as a ound-by-round format........so we didn't offer anything becasue the bengals got him in the third.

No way to know what we WOULD have offered, unless Saban decides for some odd reason to share.

Back
Top Bottom