Merged: Brooks goes to the Bengals in the 3rd- PFT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brooks goes to the Bengals in the 3rd- PFT

Blueprint said:
Like I said, you don't realize how many NFL players smoke weed.

I'm sure quite a few Dolphins do as well. Cigs are worse anyways.

You do realize that is why RW was suspended/quit don't you? Do you think they are not going to test a guy "KICKED OFF" his college team? Cincinnati is probably the worst team for him to go. They have now surrounded a turd by a bunch of turds. Seems like a pretty crappy situation.

I must say knowing that the Bengals picked after we did, I'm more than alittle disappointed this hour. We needed Brooks in a big way, much more than the Bengals did, and considering we could have had him for only a 3rd and didn't pull the trigger is a shame....

Saban / Mueller missed the boat on this one in my opinion. Still, at least we will have that pick for next years NFL draft. All isn't lost I guess, but the trio of Brooks / Thomas / Crowder would have been incredible.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

cnc66 said:
so much for all us smartie britches thinking Nick might even go as high as a 2nd.... it seems the highest we could have offered was 4th, IF we offered anything at all. Does anyone know how we might learn what we DID offer?

Looks like that phone call we made to Brooks was indeed us telling him we were not going to pick him.

burger13 said:
It appers that it as a ound-by-round format........so we didn't offer anything becasue the bengals got him in the third.

No way to know what we WOULD have offered, unless Saban decides for some odd reason to share.

I certainly agree it is unlikely Nick will tell us, I was just wondering if the NFL disclosed this kind of info..

I hear the Bengals are redesigning the uniforms for this season. The helmet stripes will now be vertical so that the young guys feel like they're in a more familiar environment. :sidelol:

cnc66 said:
I certainly agree it is unlikely Nick will tell us, I was just wondering if the NFL disclosed this kind of info..

Format being the way it is.........the only info that the NFL would have, is what other teams (with picks lower than the bengals) attempted to draft him in the 3rd round..........and it's very unlikely that they would disclose that.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I must say knowing that the Bengals picked after we did, I'm more than alittle disappointed this hour. We needed Brooks in a big way, much more than the Bengals did, and considering we could have had him for only a 3rd and didn't pull the trigger is a shame....

Saban / Mueller missed the boat on this one in my opinion. Still, at least we will have that pick for next years NFL draft. All isn't lost I guess, but the trio of Brooks / Thomas / Crowder would have been incredible.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Pretty much sums up what Im feeling know. I'm going to hate that feeling that I will get everytime Brooks makes the Pro Bowl. I guess it could be worse the Jets or Pats could have got him.

I doubt that SABAN will tell us what round he offered a pick in ... he would tell us whether or not he offered a pick though ...

It would be bad form to say what round the pick was offered ...

RenoFinFan said:
You do realize that is why RW was suspended/quit don't you? Do you think they are not going to test a guy "KICKED OFF" his college team? Cincinnati is probably the worst team for him to go. They have now surrounded a turd by a bunch of turds. Seems like a pretty crappy situation.
Like I originally stated, "+ hardwork & dedication"

If you properly understand the meaning of dedication, then you'd realize that it involves being committed, which in NFL standards, means not smoking weed among other things. :shakeno:

I find it funny how you mention Ricky "quitting" but ignore giving Ahmad that opportunity..

Blueprint said:
Like I originally stated, "+ hardwork & dedication"

If you properly understand the meaning of dedication, then you'd realize that it involves being committed, which in NFL standards, means not smoking weed among other things. :shakeno: I find it funny how you mention Ricky "quitting" but ignore giving Ahmad that opportunity..

You have got to be kidding...can you give one example of Brooks being committed. :shakeno: Was he committed to his college team? He was kicked off for multiple offenses, not just one. Where is the commitment and dedication in that? I can give you plenty of examples of him not being committed. Being dedicated and committed is a part of someone's character. The best indication of someone's character is past behaivor. Do you know his background?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2518193

How did the Bengals get ahead of Miami and Frisco????....

It says they'll be giving up a 3rd in 2007, but in order to jump infront of teams picking ahead of you durng the draft, don't you usually have to trade up with someone, and give up future picks to do so?? I don't see anything about the Bengals having to give up an extra pick anywhere....

How did they manage to get ahead of both of us, without having to give up more than one pick is what I'd like to know...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2518193

How did the Bengals get ahead of Miami and Frisco????....

It says they'll be giving up a 3rd in 2007, but in order to jump infront of teams picking ahead of you durng the draft, don't you usually have to trade up with someone, and give up future picks to do so?? I don't see anything about the Bengals having to give up an extra pick anywhere....

How did they manage to get ahead of both of us, without having to give up more than one pick is what I'd like to know...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

they picked him ahead of Miami and SF by using a 3rd round pick. The Dolphins and Niners elected NOt to select him in any of the first 3 rounds.....or else he would have went to one of them before Cincy.

The writer is just saying that they used a higher (round) pick on him.....not that they in any way moved ahead of them in the draft order. If SF put a 3rd round bid in, he was theirs.

Back
Top Bottom