Merged: Brunell offered $20 mil. by Redskins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brunell offered $20 mil. by Redskins

Why do you think the Bills and Steelers are picking too high for Rivers?

If we were in their position would we draft Rivers. YES

I don't think that we would. At #11, we would pick Reggie Williams over Rivers. Probably, Andrews if he fell that far.

Presumably at pick #5 the Redskins would have a decent shot at drafting Ben Roethlisberger. The Chargers are looking less and less likely to draft a QB at #1 and now appear to be enamored with freak-of-nature Larry Fitzgerald. If Fitzgerald is gone I could see the Raiders taking Eli Manning, but its also looking less and less likely that the Cardinals would take Ben Roethlisberger...and the Giants could pass him up as well. You got some good players in the top five like Fitzgerald, Manning, Gallery, Sean Taylor, and Roethlisberger. The Giants could use either Gallery OR Taylor...and then there's the off chance that some guy will have freakish stats jump out to everyone at the combine and shoot his way into the top 5.

As much as I like Ramsey, Roethlisberger is probably a better prospect. I also feel that Rivers is as well

That's what I've been saying too. We'll win some games with Jay early on as we always do. Then wen Jay starts to mess up and gets hurt also, then Rivers can start. He's as ready as any other QB coming out of college is to start at some point this coming season.Stop giving picks away. Is ok in some cases(Pat, Ricky and Seau)but I want us to wait instead of going crazy over Ramsey or Brunell.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
Stop giving picks away

Can't agree more. If we get Ramsey we lose this years first. If we get Henson then we lose next years first. Pick Rivers at #20, depending on who's left at the end of the first, where i think we'll have an extra pick for Wally, pickup up Clayton or Carey.

KEEP OUR PICKS!!!

Brunell hasn't accepted the offer, yet. He wants to meet with Miami first. I think he knows his best shot at starting is with Miami and would be willing to accept less money to play. I don't know how much less than $20 million, though, but we don't know how that $20 million was structured.

I think there is still a good chance he comes to Miami.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I am not satisfied with Jay. If he returns as the starter we will have the comfort of knowing we will draft better than 20 next year. It seems to be his pattern. If and I mean If we get stuck with current qb I say keep BG and cut Jay. With an improved line and some coachin on how to keep ffrom fumbling he would be a big upgrade. He can actually THROW THE BALL. What a concept. If we are still looking at vets I would not have a problem with Gannon as a stop gap and mentor for a year or so. He was injured last year and the MVP prior. How about Gannon/BG/Henson
or
Gannon/Rivers/Sage

BG sucks! He isn't anymore accurate then JF and is alot less mobile and aware of what is going on around him. He had 4 years starting at Denver, and 1 here as a backup/starter to learn how to be "aware" and not fumble which he hasn't done. His time is past. Nuff said. Bye BG.

As for Jay....how can you say we're going to do worse next year already? Forget who the QB is....if we improve our Oline and get a good #2WR....why are you so sure we're going to fail if JF is QB? I wouldn't take Gannon over Jay either.

On another note....Tim Couch is currently vacationing in Ft. Lauderdale where Browns President Carmen Policy is flying down to see him to hopefully hammer out a contract for next year or else Couch may not be back.....and if he is.....Kelly Holcomb doesn't want to stay there if Couch is the starter.

The Jets are looking at Ricky Ray to replace Vinny as a backup.
Gibbs was also interested in Jeff Garcia and Trent Dilfer although it looks like he is sticking with Brunell.

This is hillarious IMO....:lol: :lol:

The Redskins are getting totally ripped-off. They're offering him a 3 year 20 million dollar cantract, and giving up their 3rd rounder as well???....:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't beleive P. Ramsey hasn't packed his bags already. There is no way, with the size of that contract, that Brunell will be riding the bench behind Ramsey. If this trade goes through, Ramsey should leave immediately.

P. Ramsey was the starter, and a very good priced one as well. Now here comes this old, beat up has been, who the Skinz are drooling over so much so, they come out and offer him a ammount he can't turn down???...

This is like throwing **** right in Ramsey's face if you ask me.....

I'm glad the Skinz have finally gone out and done this. Now we can focus on getting a real QB, not some dinosaur like Brunell.....

YES TO RIVERS!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

I think we should Keep Jay/BG and get Henson/Rivers. BG before Jay and Rivers before Henson.

If Ramsey is ready to start and so good, then why would Washington pay Brunell $20 Mill for three years considering his age and get rid of Ramsey?? It's obvious Ramsey isn't that good. Joe Gibbs did win a few Super Bowls, so it's obvious he knows what he is doing. RAMSEY IS NOT WORTH A FIRST ROUND PICK!

if hes not worth a first round pick and joe gibbs knows this than he would have traded him. afterall he could get rivers who everyone loves (i like him as well, just think there are more advantages to getting ramsey)
so if joe gibbs was so smart and ramsey sucks then he would trade him to us draft rivers and be set

what dont you understand about the redskins not wanting to trade him but brunell gives gibbs a better shot to win in his short term return to football and they would trade ramsey if he really wanted out and could get a good deal for him

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ckparrothead
Presumably at pick #5 the Redskins would have a decent shot at drafting Ben Roethlisberger. The Chargers are looking less and less likely to draft a QB at #1 and now appear to be enamored with freak-of-nature Larry Fitzgerald. If Fitzgerald is gone I could see the Raiders taking Eli Manning, but its also looking less and less likely that the Cardinals would take Ben Roethlisberger...and the Giants could pass him up as well. You got some good players in the top five like Fitzgerald, Manning, Gallery, Sean Taylor, and Roethlisberger. The Giants could use either Gallery OR Taylor...and then there's the off chance that some guy will have freakish stats jump out to everyone at the combine and shoot his way into the top 5.

As much as I like Ramsey, Roethlisberger is probably a better prospect. I also feel that Rivers is as well

Washington will draft Kellen Winslow.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
if hes not worth a first round pick and joe gibbs knows this than he would have traded him. afterall he could get rivers who everyone loves (i like him as well, just think there are more advantages to getting ramsey)
so if joe gibbs was so smart and ramsey sucks then he would trade him to us draft rivers and be set

what dont you understand about the redskins not wanting to trade him but brunell gives gibbs a better shot to win in his short term return to football and they would trade ramsey if he really wanted out and could get a good deal for him

SO Obviously Ramsey isn't good enough for us to win in the short term either, so why are we going after him?? If we are looking at the future, we are better off with Henson/Rivers. Bottom line is that Ramsey s*cks and Gibbs knows it. Unfortunately, I'd rather stick with Fiedler and get Henson or draft Rivers.

Back
Top Bottom