Merged: "Brunell Will Not Be A Redskin" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Brunell Will Not Be A Redskin"

PhinstiGator

Hungry For A Championship
Reaction score
Latest News On Brunell

Just watched the latest TV report by George Michael of NBC4 in DC.

He is announcing that Brunell will NOT be a Redskin. He showed an interview with Gibbs at Daytona in which he challenged Gibbs to admit that the Brunell deal was set...Gibbs immediately refuted it saying that it was "not a done deal".

Then, Michael reported that Brunells Agent had announced that they will not agree to a deal with Washington and that Brunell wants to be a free agent.

Are you trying to hurt me man?? Are you trying to hurt me?? Cuz if you are, not cool. ;)

This could simply be a case of negotiations reaching a stalling point (as evidenced by Gibbs' admission of "no deal") and Steinberg trying to leverage more money out of Washington (his calls for free agency).

But man would this be a great thing. If there's no trade, we're back in the driver's seat.

If these developments are indeed true, then I expect Jacksonville to finally grant Miami permission to speak with Brunell and Steinberg.

BTW - thanks for that report. Keep 'em coming if you hear anything else up there.

Well I've believed all along that Brunell is a guy that would give us a chance to win it all next year, but getting him is no excuse to ignore QB of the future either IMO.

One thing I have always considered is that getting Brunell will cost $$$ and that money needs to be spent to get us some OL help. Thats why I've been more a proponent of giving a shot to a young backup like Sage or Volek, maybe Feeley. I think one of those guys would have a decent shot at getting us far too, like Brunell, and they would be cheaper. But if we got Brunell I'd probably be more excited about Miami's 2004 prospects...so long as we were still able to get OL help.

GO FOR CHAD CLIFTON!!! My god he's only coming off his 4th year...and as a LT this year he only let up like 2.5 sacks or something according to STATS Inc. Move Wade Smith to RT. Then they can flip-flop as Smith develops into a better LT.

Re: Latest News On Brunell

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
Just watched the latest TV report by George Michael of NBC4 in DC.

He is announcing that Brunell will NOT be a Redskin. He showed an interview with Gibbs at Daytona in which he challenged Gibbs to admit that the Brunell deal was set...Gibbs immediately refuted it saying that it was "not a done deal".

Then, Michael reported that Brunells Agent had announced that they will not agree to a deal with Washington and that Brunell wants to be a free agent.

^Poster of the month. :up:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
was he reporting from the men's room?

Don't you mean the cattle stalls?? :lol:

Originally posted by Muck
Are you trying to hurt me man?? Are you trying to hurt me?? Cuz if you are, not cool. ;)...

I have yet to find anything else that confirms this story...but, Michaels is a very trusted source here in DC. He has been reporting on the Redskins since 1980.

Gibbs basically said that he needs to ADD a vet QB. He said he already has a young QB and there is no need to add another young QB. He wants to go into the season with a VET on the roster.

The tone of the report was that it is very unlikely that Brunell becomes a Redskin. He didn't elaborate. All he said was that Brunell's agent "won't agree to the deal" & that he "wants to go into Free Agency."

Anything can happen. If this is true...this will give Jacksonville less of an incentive to pay that 2 million dollar bonus.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

I have yet to find anything else that confirms this story...but, Michaels is a very trusted source here in DC. He has been reporting on the Redskins since 1980.

I haven't either. And right now, that's ok. Michael might be the first to break it. We'll see what happens.

I do see him every Sunday night on his Sports Machine show. Never knew he had a regular gig in a big city like that.

If this true this is the best news I have heard this week except for Dale Jr. winning the 500. Anyway maybe we can get Brunell and Rivers that would be great. I'm not going to get to excited yet. But I do agree with ck we do need to draft a qb in the 1st round.

Back
Top Bottom