Merged: "Brunell Will Not Be A Redskin" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Brunell Will Not Be A Redskin"

Originally posted by Noland
If this true this is the best news I have heard this week except for Dale Jr. winning the 500. Anyway maybe we can get Brunell and Rivers that would be great. I'm not going to get to excited yet. But I do agree with ck we do need to draft a qb in the 1st round.

That brings up back to Brunell won't play for a team that drafts a 1st round QB.

sign Brunell and draft Phillip Rivers and Miami would be set at the QB situation
I like that scenario too. Then if Ogun departs, draft a top WR and focus the rest of your resources on the o line. Keep in mind that the team is taking a win now attitude, unless Rivers is another Marino, they'll have to do it with an experienced QB. While Brunell might not be MAnning at this point, I feel he'd be a significant upgrade over Fiedler. That might just be enough to take this team from 10-6 to 12-4. just think now much difference 2 wins would make (especially in this conference!!!!!)

Brunell/Rivers and tell Mark that the kid needs two or three years to develop, so he has no need to worry about loosing his starting job for at least two years....

I don't buy it...

M. Brunell / Jacksonville should be jumping all over this trade with the Skinz. Three years, 20 million, 8 million signing bunus, + the Skinz 3rd rounder???....

Nobody else is even going to come close to offering that....

I think this is just a smoke screen to bring more teams into the bidding. The agent for Brunell is milking this for every penny he can get. He should strike now while the iron is melting. If he waits it out, he could miss out completely.....

YES TO RIVERS!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I don't buy it...

M. Brunell / Jacksonville should be jumping all over this trade with the Skinz. Three years, 20 million, 8 million signing bunus, + the Skinz 3rd rounder???....

Nobody else is even going to come close to offering that....

I think this is just a smoke screen to bring more teams into the bidding. The agent for Brunell is milking this for every penny he can get. He should strike now while the iron is melting. If he waits it out, he could miss out completely.....

Possibly. But it's also possible that the Skins either: a. never offered that 3 yrs/20 million/8M bonus in the first place, or b. they did offer it, but the deal is heavily backloaded, which is why they haven't come to an agreement.

Honestly, there are so many conflicting reports about this whole thing that nothing would surprise me anymore.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
Brunell/Rivers and tell Mark that the kid needs two or three years to develop, so he has no need to worry about loosing his starting job for at least two years....

This is definitely the best scenario. There is no way Miami will start a rookie, no matter who he is. Management is under alot of heat to win now and make the play-offs next year. No way would Wannstedt put his future in the hands of an unproven rookie QB even if IMO it would be a better option than heaven forbid, going with Fiedler again. This is why getting Brunell is so important. I fear that if we don't get Brunell, we'll be stuck with Fiedler for at least another season. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The only downside to getting Brunell for me is that I'm afraid it might be an either/or scenario with us. I could see the Fins feeling they're set at QB for a couple of years and decide not to draft our future QB this year.

Is it March yet??

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
I rather have Ramsey...I hope the Skins get Brunell and then we go after Ramsey. I was all for getting Brunell but Ramsey...this kid could be sick man!!! If we can't resign O-gun...we'll get at least a 1st round pick for him...so we'll get a first rounder anyway...even if we trade ours to the Skins.

Now CW will come here and say that the Fins will look stupid if we get trade our 1st for Ramsey and are left without a 1st round pick...but he forgot about O-gun...see CW, Rick has a plan...plus stop worrying about the Fins because your JILLLLS have a lot of work ahead of them...in case you have not noticed!!!
So nice of you to keep me in your thoughts:lol:

Bills' biggest worries are behind them with the firing of Manboobs and Kildrive

This shuld focus us on Henson. We can tout him as "years away" and Brunell may believe it. Plus we are not tecnically drafting at all let alone 1st round;)

Yet another twist in the story...hold on...

Prisco is now reporting that the Redskins have raised the offer to a 7 year deal and that the signing with the Redskins is near.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7096631

George Michael said nothing on his 6 o'clock report and I'll watch the 11 pm report to see if he has an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, George Michael of NBC 4 TV reported absolutely nothing about the Redskins tonight.

That wasn't very helpful. There is always tomorrow. If I hear any updates, I'll post them.

phinstigator what do you think is going to happen? living in the area there must be something in the air that might lead you to lean one way or the other. snyder is unpredictable, just wondering what the fans in the area are thinking.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
phinstigator what do you think is going to happen? living in the area there must be something in the air that might lead you to lean one way or the other. snyder is unpredictable, just wondering what the fans in the area are thinking.

Well, it's kind of strange. The fans love Gibbs & hate Snyder. They want Brunell...but they don't want to lose Ramsey...or Bailey for that matter.

It smells of a QB controversy.

This situation is very difficult to read right now. No one is talking. Nothing on the radio today...nothing on TV.

Back
Top Bottom