Merged: "Brunell Will Not Be A Redskin" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "Brunell Will Not Be A Redskin"

Originally posted by Muck
...I do see him every Sunday night on his Sports Machine show. Never knew he had a regular gig in a big city like that.

Yea, I forgot that his show is syndicated. During the season he does a weekly Redskins show with former skin QB Sonny Jurgenson. Sometimes I end up watching it just for the entertainment value.

He has consistantly said through all the Ramsey rumors that Ramsey will not be traded. But, he did believe that Brunell was all but a done deal. That's why he corrected himself tonight.

Hopefully, He will have more to say tomorrow.

Remember just because there is a lull in talks right now doesn't mean anything. Nothing can be completed untill march 3rd, so if that day goes by and nothing happends than I will be a little less sceptacle.

"Brunell Will Not Be A Redskin"

Brunell Not To Be A Deadskin

Not sure how reliable this source is (:D), but if it is true, I'd throw my Ramsey thing out the window and say sign Brunell and draft Phillip Rivers and Miami would be set at the QB situation, when it comes to competing for a championship, for 8 years or more..

Two to 3 years with Brunell and then have Rivers take over comfortably.. That should bode well with Brunell cause there's no way he expects to play more than 3 years in this league with the injury plagues he's had recently..

Whichever way fans want to go with this QB situation, you got to love the fact that Miami has so many options to go to solve the problem Marino left us with when he spoiled us..

I've checked up on this, and so far, there's nothing in the Washington papers about it. Nor the Jacksonville papers.

Brunell has said that he doesn't want to play for a team that is going to use their first rounder on a quarterback.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well I've believed all along that Brunell is a guy that would give us a chance to win it all next year, but getting him is no excuse to ignore QB of the future either IMO.

One thing I have always considered is that getting Brunell will cost $$$ and that money needs to be spent to get us some OL help. Thats why I've been more a proponent of giving a shot to a young backup like Sage or Volek, maybe Feeley. I think one of those guys would have a decent shot at getting us far too, like Brunell, and they would be cheaper. But if we got Brunell I'd probably be more excited about Miami's 2004 prospects...so long as we were still able to get OL help.

GO FOR CHAD CLIFTON!!! My god he's only coming off his 4th year...and as a LT this year he only let up like 2.5 sacks or something according to STATS Inc. Move Wade Smith to RT. Then they can flip-flop as Smith develops into a better LT.

My desire from the start has been to get Brunell (cheap, without surrendering a high draft pick) and trade for Henson.

As for Wade Smith, he would have to put on about 30 pounds and hit the weight room HARD to be considered for RT, not to mention putting in a lot of extra work with Tony Wise. Smith is a quality pass blocker, but he's not as much in the running game, which is, of course, where you need your RT the most.

Personally, I think our tackles are okay (as long as Todd Wade doesn't want a king's ransom to return), it's just that the interior line needs work. Cut Ruddy and let McKinney take over at center, cut Todd Perry and bring in a free agent road grader at RG, and either draft a guy or sign a lesser-priced FA to compete with Nails at LG.

He has also said that he wants to remain in Florida. Don't see him getting his cake and eating it too...his name doesn't have MVP attached.

It's beginning to look like Gibbs is screwing it up................

It is going to happen..............."Mr. Equipment Manager.........we are gonna need a #8 jersey....size 50..........."

I rather have Ramsey...I hope the Skins get Brunell and then we go after Ramsey. I was all for getting Brunell but Ramsey...this kid could be sick man!!! If we can't resign O-gun...we'll get at least a 1st round pick for him...so we'll get a first rounder anyway...even if we trade ours to the Skins.

Now CW will come here and say that the Fins will look stupid if we get trade our 1st for Ramsey and are left without a 1st round pick...but he forgot about O-gun...see CW, Rick has a plan...plus stop worrying about the Fins because your JILLLLS have a lot of work ahead of them...in case you have not noticed!!!

Originally posted by Trackstar#6
Has Brunell met with Dave and Rick yet?

Jax will not grant permission for Miami to talk to Brunell unless they come up with a trade offer first that would be a 2nd rd pick or better in this year's draft. Being Miami has no 2nd rd pick, they're going to have to offer their 1st for him just to talk to him, that's not going to happen. Hopefully he does go the FA route, at least he'll have a chance to talk with Miami.

Signing Brunell from FA and Drafting Rivers and a WR in the first round would be awsome. If they could pull that off I would take back all the nasty things I've said about our front office.:lol:

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Brunell has said that he doesn't want to play for a team that is going to use their first rounder on a quarterback.

Exactly. If we sign Brunell, then we won't draft a QB. Brunell thinks he has a lot left in him when he really doesn't. I would take Brunell for one season and no more, but since he won't do that, we should look elsewhere. I would rather draft a QB for the future and have another QB start next year than sign Brunell and not get a QB for the future.

What if we just sign Mark and draft Rivers anyway, and tell Brunell to shut up and play.

Originally posted by Lukin
What if we just sign Mark and draft Rivers anyway, and tell Brunell to shut up and play.

I dont want Brunell. I would rather have Ramsey. Ramsey/Rivers would be sweeeeeeeet! Forget WR too in first round.

Back
Top Bottom