[MERGED] CB-Joey Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] CB-Joey Thomas

He was a Packer...Drafted in the 7th round I believe he ran the fastest time at the combine the year he was drafted...Has alot of problems staying healthy...Had great upside...The Packers kept him around even though he kept getting injured...

They turned Atari into a star its only fair we take one of their players and do the same.

Here's to hoping.

He was a Packer...Drafted in the 7th round I believe he ran the fastest time at the combine the year he was drafted...Has alot of problems staying healthy...Had great upside...The Packers kept him around even though he kept getting injured...

I believe he was a third rounder.

Actually he was a 3rd round pick. Great burner but not much of an upgrade long term

Looks like we've started thinking about a little depth in the secondary. After what happened last year, anything we get in the secondary seems to be an upgrade.

Looks like we've started thinking about a little depth in the secondary. After what happened last year, anything we get in the secondary seems to be an upgrade.

Depth is crucial for the secondary. We all saw what happened when the injury bug hit. I can't see the new regime not being on top of this as a priority. Expect more FAs in the secondary. And, those with ties to the Pokes to be expected among them of course.

Great, another injury prone player to fill a spot on I.R. every year. We need HEALTHY guys we can count on. We already have Joe "tin foil" Toledo and several others who are chronically injured

[FONT=verdana, geneva][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]For what it's worth :
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]6-1, 195:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Lean, but well-muscled athlete with a good bubble, slender hips, long arms and legs, split high and showing good muscle definition in the arms and calves ... Stays close to receivers, especially vs. double moves, locking on to his assignment and refusing to allow any cushion ... Shows a strong hand punch in press coverage ... Smooth and quick in his backpedal, showing above-average hip flexibility to transition fast with no wasted motion ... Plants and drives to break up slants ... Has the speed to cover, track and jump to make plays on the ball in the air downfield ... Has the sudden acceleration needed to recover when beaten or when pursuing plays across the field ... Tracks and locates the ball well, timing his jumps with good body control and will not hesitate to compete for the pigskin in a crowd ... Very aggressive in run support, avoiding the trash well by using his hands to defeat cut blocks ... Physical tackler who will face up and explode into the opponent upon contact ... Takes well to hard coaching and is willing to help out the less-experienced teammates after practice ... Fiercely competitive with a passion for the game, excelling when facing top-level competition."

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]AGILITY TESTS[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
4.4 in the 40-yard dash ... 1.43 10-yard dash ... 355-pound bench press ... 425-pound back squat ... 370-pound front squat ... 264-push jerk ... 291-pound power clean ... 381/2-inch vertical jump ... 10-foot-2 broad jump ... 3.93 20-yard shuttle ... 31 7/8-inch arm length ... 9 1/8-inch hands ... Right-handed.
[/FONT][/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom