Merged: Chad Jackson in the first | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Jackson in the first

SMadison29 said:
The stereotype comes from Florida's history at WR, those players who have been decent at best have already been listed but left out 2nd rounder Jabar Gaffney. The stereotype is also derived from the fantasy offenses Florida runs where the WRs waste 3-4 years learning a scheme that doesn't translate to the NFL & when they get to the show they're a couple years behind the learning curve. Jackson has great potential but he's not going to come in & help anyone for at least a year & probably two.

I dont agree with that. He is a WR. Different systems dont affect ther eplay as much. He has the hands, speed, and is pretty smart on the field. Any team that drafts him will get that right away. He will be a great WR in the NFL do to his skills. With some NFL coaching, he will be great, and soon

SMadison29 said:
Johnson had 1700 yards in 3 years of college football & averaged over 20 yards per catch. The reason he went so high was because he had the rare combination of size (6'3 227), speed (4.3), hands, awareness, knowledge of a pro system, & his two years experience learning from two of the U's best ever (Santana & Reggie) & his two years of starting experience being the #1 man.

Chad Jackson has a nice combination of size (6'1 213) & speed (4.3) but he lacks experience & the knowledge of a pro system. He's been at a disadvantage playing in two fantasy offenses that he'll never see in the NFL. He also only has one year of starting & significant playing experience. Though he'll probably be a top 20 pick he could have used another year in college where he could have come out next year & been a top 5 pick like Andre Johnson.
the system doesn't matter much when your talking about WRs, they still line-up, run routes and catch the ball. the only thing different about a system for a WR is they might be asked to block more

you guys just dont get it.

Listen up children...please explain Chad's dissapearing act in big games.

Can any of you kids follow directions?

Finfan14 said:

Listen up children...please explain Chad's dissapearing act in bug games.

thats all your basing your agruement on and it doesn't hold much water, the QB needs to find him in those situations and did Leak do so?

Finfan14 said:

Listen up children...please explain Chad's dissapearing act in bug games.

First off, don't come in here and talk down to anyone calling them children and kids.

Secondly, Florida's offense was mediocre at best this season in their first year under Meyer, he'll be the first to tell you that. It was Leak's job to find the open man and make the plays. Meyer's offense is not based on the long ball, for someone that claims to know so much about the game of football you should know this.

How do you explain this.....

Wyoming 10 catches 138 yards 3 TD's
Louisiana Tec 5 catches 105 yards 1 TD
Kentucky 8 catches 99 yards 2 TD

Seems like there was some long balls in those games. So Chad has a tough time gettin open against good cover guys. GREAT!

What it seems like to me is that Chad plays well against lesser competition. He wont be playing against Wyoming next year.

I want a guy that has done it in big games.

Ronnie Brown got it done in big games.

Finfan14 said:

Seems like there was some long balls in those games. So Chad has a tough time gettin open against good cover guys. GREAT!

What it seems like to me is that Chad plays well against lesser competition. He wont be playing against Wyoming next year.

Like I said, Leak has to get him the ball to make the plays. Those were also his best games. Everyone plays better against lesser competition, thats a given.

Finfan14 said:

Once again, all you have done is posted stats. It is apparent to me that you do not read all the post or just respond to ones you can have an issue with. I will say this again so that you may be able to understand. Other than the stats you have posted, which most have agreed DO NOT tell the whole story or your bias against the Gators, do you have that Chad Jackson either disappeared in big games or is soft. Did you actually watch any of the games from 2005 or what? You want to have an intelligent discussion on the matter, well...now is the time to put up or shut up.

Football is all about making big plays in big games.

When has Chad Jackson made a big play in a big game? Please tell me.

There are alot of big fast guy out there. How many are play makers?

Finfan14 said:

does an 80 yard td rec. vs tennessee count? he's also had good games vs fsu and s. carolina, as well as the bowl game vs iowa. remember, it's not all about him. is cc a bad wr b/c he's had bad games vs the pats? maybe it had to due w/ the fact that fielder/feeley/frerotte/whoever was the qb, or the line couldn't protect, or there was no running game, etc. leak struggled in the new scheme, and the o-line had horrific protection problems the whole season, and those deficiencies showed vs good, aggressive defenses like uga and lsu.

I for one am done agrueing about this, you haven't done anything but bring up college stats. it's useless

Finfan14 said:

There are alot of big fast guy out there. How many are play makers?

man, are you still crying over this today :shakeno:

playmaker1 said:
I dont agree with that. He is a WR. Different systems dont affect ther eplay as much. He has the hands, speed, and is pretty smart on the field. Any team that drafts him will get that right away. He will be a great WR in the NFL do to his skills. With some NFL coaching, he will be great, and soon

The fantasy schemes obviously do effect WRs. The history in this is far too great to argue against it. All the first day picks: Ike Hilliard, Reidel Anthony, Jacquez Green, Travis McGriff, Travis Taylor, Darrell Jackson, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, & Taylor Jacobs, all were great talents in college but because of the offense they're held back from knowledge & experience of the real game. The only one prove himself better than mediocre is Darrell Jackson. You can say that WRs still run routes & catch the ball but it's more than that. It's about the match-ups & defenses they face, & the routes run in Urban's offense are short & quick. In general, spread offense WRs aren't successful in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom