Merged: Charlie Whitehurst | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Charlie Whitehurst

Dors156

He's Backkkkk
Reaction score
whitehurst playin right now

on espn.watch it.could be our guy next year

i dont hate whitehurst. he has had a couple of different o-coordinators, and he has been hurt a little , but he could be a steal in the third.

The guy hasn't impressed me this year. I think this is the thrid game I've seen of him in 2005 and he seems like someone you might take a shot at in the later rounds but nothing to get excited over

mbsinmisc said:
i dont hate whitehurst. he has had a couple of different o-coordinators, and he has been hurt a little , but he could be a steal in the third.

he wont go in the 3rd. he'll go 2nd day

Nappy Roots said:

Probably somewhere around there yes unless he runs some incredible time and weighs in at a strong 225 lbs. He's physically very impressive because he can scramble too. I prefer Croyle though because of the way he throws the deep ball and his team leadership ability.

If that article was right about Whitehurst's throwing shoulder...woofa. Watch out. He's got so many tools. His accuracy is good too.

ckparrothead said:
If that article was right about Whitehurst's throwing shoulder...woofa. Watch out. He's got so many tools. His accuracy is good too.
Just out of curiosity CK, who is your sleeper QB?

He's completed 67% of his passes on the year with a 7.33 yards per attempt average. That's pretty impressive and is definitely a bounce back from his junior year. This year seems to be more in line with his sophomore season, where he completed around 62% of his passes with a 7.6 yards per attempt average.

He's got a complete package of tools to work with. You probably aren't going to find a quarterback with a stronger arm than Charlie Whitehurst, and he brings a great deal of mobility to the table. As they said in the game today, Whitehurst can run, but he's much more comfortable in the pocket. That's a much better trait to have than say Vince Young, who is more comfortable out of the pocket than in the pocket.

This guy is a first round talent who has a very high upside if he puts it all together at the next level.

KB21 said:
He's completed 67% of his passes on the year with a 7.33 yards per attempt average. That's pretty impressive and is definitely a bounce back from his junior year. This year seems to be more in line with his sophomore season, where he completed around 62% of his passes with a 7.6 yards per attempt average.

He's got a complete package of tools to work with. You probably aren't going to find a quarterback with a stronger arm than Charlie Whitehurst, and he brings a great deal of mobility to the table. As they said in the game today, Whitehurst can run, but he's much more comfortable in the pocket. That's a much better trait to have than say Vince Young, who is more comfortable out of the pocket than in the pocket.

This guy is a first round talent who has a very high upside if he puts it all together at the next level.

no doubting that. he has 1st round talent, with undrafted result

Nappy Roots said:
no doubting that. he has 1st round talent, with undrafted result

That accuracy though is not common...

Nappy Roots said:

No way. Hes an easy first day pick.

Id say hes somewhere between Kyle Orton and Charlie Frye of last year. But he has more talent than both of them, he just has not put it together yet and has not been consistant.

Jnaledu3 said:
No way. Hes an easy first day pick.

Id say hes somewhere between Kyle Orton and Charlie Frye of last year. But he has more talent than both of them, he just has not put it together yet and has not been consistant.

Yes he certainly has the talent no question. He better throw a couple TDs soon to impress the national media though.

KB21 said:
He's completed 67% of his passes on the year with a 7.33 yards per attempt average.

I haven't watched him play alot but today it looks like hes throwing alot of Wide Receiver screens which is why his completion % is so high. Of the few games I watched him play, he's always overthrowing his Receivers and I don't think his completion % really interprets his accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom