Merged: Charlie Whitehurst | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Charlie Whitehurst

KB21 said:
.....the guy has a package of skills that reminds a lot of scouts that I've talked to of Brett Favre.

Quoted for Budd

I watched him from the Clemson sideline today at the Champs Sports Bowl. Wasn't that impressed.

Throwing another QB name out there...

Charlie Whitehurst. I got to see a lot of this guy in the ACC and thought he was excellent. Great arm strength, leadership, intangibles. Good decision maker too. I know that there are about 20 names out there right now, but just wanted to add another to the list.

and the kid has good size too. I like him and Coyle in the 3rd rd area.
A draft like this would be great:
1. Huff
2. Withworth
3. Croyle or Whitehurst

Dolfan_Noles said:
Great arm strength, leadership, intangibles. Good decision maker too.

The ones in bold are the things I've head that he is poor at. No one is questioning his physical skills.

Well let me just say this.. Unless we pick up a big name QB in the Off-season we might just see Whitehurst as our QB of the future.. IF and only IF Cutler isint there at 16, we are almost guarenteed to get either Jacobs, Croyle, Whitehurst or Hackney...

paskerbrandon said:
Well let me just say this.. Unless we pick up a big name QB in the Off-season we might just see Whitehurst as our QB of the future.. IF and only IF Cutler isint there at 16, we are almost guarenteed to get either Jacobs, Croyle, Whitehurst or Hackney...

Didn't Hackney measure in at like 5'11?

Whitehurst thread.....

Whitehurst, the North's offensive MVP, directed a seamless drive after Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler was ineffective on the first two series. The Clemson quarterback was perfect on five attempts for 66 yards, lofting a 15-yard scoring pass to Colorado tight end Joe Klopfenstein and finishing 7-of-9 for 90 yards.

Ok, guys. Time to consider him in the 2nd/3rd/4th round...or Croyle. Does everyone here know..He's 6'5", has a cannon, and his dad was an NFL QB? He had an off year as a junior, but take that one year out and his college stats are pretty impressive. Did I mention he PLAYED the entire year (this year) with a hurt shoulder? Pretty tough. He's had shoulder surgery since the season ended, despite that he showed well this week in practice and in the game.....

WaxOn WaxOff said:
Whitehurst, the North's offensive MVP, directed a seamless drive after Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler was ineffective on the first two series. The Clemson quarterback was perfect on five attempts for 66 yards, lofting a 15-yard scoring pass to Colorado tight end Joe Klopfenstein and finishing 7-of-9 for 90 yards.

Ok, guys. Time to consider him in the 2nd/3rd/4th round...or Croyle. Does everyone here know..He's 6'5", has a cannon, and his dad was an NFL QB? He had an off year as a junior, but take that one year out and his college stats are pretty impressive. Did I mention he PLAYED the entire year (this year) with a hurt shoulder? Pretty tough. He's had shoulder surgery since the season ended, despite that he showed well this week in practice and in the game.....

I would draft him in the 4th round, MAYBE in the 3rd if he has great workouts.

Caps said:
I would draft him in the 4th round, MAYBE in the 3rd if he has great workouts.

Same here. This is sickening now everybody completely jumps off the Cutler bandwagon(even though they had never even watched him play). It's like every single person today believes they're draft experts and great at player evaluation and Kiper who himself said Cutler has done enough to be a top 10 pick is wrong. Great job GMs in the making... :shakeno:

rather have Croyle, but wouldn't be too disappointed with drafting Whitehurst later on..

Charlie Whitehurst?

I dont know much about college football, but i watched the senior bowl and this guy really looked comfortable in the pocket who the heck is he?

Jaj said:
Same here. This is sickening now everybody completely jumps off the Cutler bandwagon(even though they had never even watched him play). It's like every single person today believes they're draft experts and great at player evaluation and Kiper who himself said Cutler has done enough to be a top 10 pick is wrong. Great job GMs in the making... :shakeno:

Like Kiper is never wrong...tisk..tisk.. Jai...Remember last year how everyone was so hot for Rodgers...many here....but when it came to being real...he dropped like a rock. If people would look with their eyes and not listen with their ears....you wouldn't have so many hyped up players.

Cutler has done nothing more than Croyle, Whitehurst...actually less in many eye's...in the senior bowl. At best in Kipers own words...Cutlers practices have been average....he now say's that Cutlers accuracy is so-so...yet he still states that Cutler is a top ten draft pick....yet he also claims that Croyle was outstanding...very strong arm...very accurate....but he's a 2nd rounder...now anyone with common sense would say....what is he smoking?

fishypete said:
Like Kiper is never wrong...tisk..tisk.. Jai...Remember last year how everyone was so hot for Rodgers...many here....but when it came to being real...he dropped like a rock. If people would look with their eyes and not listen with their ears....you wouldn't have so many hyped up players.

Cutler has done nothing more than Croyle, Whitehurst...actually less in many eye's...in the senior bowl. At best in Kipers own words...Cutlers practices have been average....he now say's that Cutlers accuracy is so-so...yet he still states that Cutler is a top ten draft pick....yet he also claims that Croyle was outstanding...very strong arm...very accurate....but he's a 2nd rounder...now anyone with common sense would say....what is he smoking?

Tisk Tisk, and my is Jaj. Let me guess you know more than Kiper? Kiper only seems wrong because he's the only talent evaluator that puts his head out to make dynamic picks and gives all of his information widely to the public. He's actually right much of the time. Cutler is that much more physically talented than Croyle, he's the perfect QB physically and he has a fast release. Your completely underestimating him. If people looked with their eyes and evaluated one game as you are now Dan Marino in his last game would have been a scrub in his entire career. :rolleyes:

Bonedoc7777 said:
I dont know much about college football, but i watched the senior bowl and this guy really looked comfortable in the pocket who the heck is he?

a dark horse for us in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom