Merged: Charlie Whitehurst | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Charlie Whitehurst

He's probably a late third rounder or so.

My rankings are

1) Young
2) Leinart
3) Cutler
4) Croyle
5) Jacobs
6) Whitehurst
7) Gradkowski

Jaj said:
Tisk Tisk, and my is Jaj. Let me guess you know more than Kiper? Kiper only seems wrong because he's the only talent evaluator that puts his head out to make dynamic picks and gives all of his information widely to the public. He's actually right much of the time. Cutler is that much more physically talented than Croyle, he's the perfect QB physically and he has a fast release. Your completely underestimating him. If people looked with their eyes and evaluated one game as you are now Dan Marino in his last game would have been a scrub in his entire career. :rolleyes:

Sorry JAJ...Having a fast release and a strong arm isn't the item that gets you into the first round....accuracy is...and what you do with that strong arm, the mental part of the game...if only having a strong arm was needed to be a NFL QB....we wouldn't have had the superbowl winners we have had. Favre had a strong arm...may I say stronger than Cutlers...but he was a 2nd round draft pick. Do you think Cutler is a better QB than what Favre is? I don't think you do...so why pay more for him?

Jaj said:
Tisk Tisk, and my is Jaj. Let me guess you know more than Kiper? Kiper only seems wrong because he's the only talent evaluator that puts his head out to make dynamic picks and gives all of his information widely to the public. He's actually right much of the time. Cutler is that much more physically talented than Croyle, he's the perfect QB physically and he has a fast release. Your completely underestimating him. If people looked with their eyes and evaluated one game as you are now Dan Marino in his last game would have been a scrub in his entire career. :rolleyes:

By the way...I may not know more than Kiper...but the people I trust do...they are former scouts and have alot more knowledge than Kiper will ever have.

I saw him a few times and he looked good to me. I think he had some injury problems this year though or he would be higher up on everyone's lists

fishypete said:
Sorry JAJ...Having a fast release and a strong arm isn't the item that gets you into the first round....accuracy is...and what you do with that strong arm, the mental part of the game...if only having a strong arm was needed to be a NFL QB....we wouldn't have had the superbowl winners we have had. Favre had a strong arm...may I say stronger than Cutlers...but he was a 2nd round draft pick. Do you think Cutler is a better QB than what Favre is? I don't think you do...so why pay more for him?

Favre wasn't Favre that many years ago comon. He was basically J.P. Losman, an uncontrolled gunslinger.

thomasdan15 said:
I saw him a few times and he looked good to me. I think he had some injury problems this year though or he would be higher up on everyone's lists

It's his inconsistency that has hurt him more.

Mile High Fin said:
I can't wait to see who Saban takes as his QB of the future....

Better watch the All Star College Challenge then...cause Saban will have a front seat...watching Young, Olson and Croyle.

Jaj said:
Favre wasn't Favre that many years ago comon. He was basically J.P. Losman, an uncontrolled gunslinger.

And from Kipers own words....Cutler's accuracy is only so-so.

fishypete said:
Better watch the All Star College Challenge then...cause Saban will have a front seat...watching Young, Olson and Croyle.

What would be really funny is if each of them has to bow before Emperor Saban atop of his gigantic castle he's building inside Dolphin Stadium(that's the actual construction) :goof:

fishypete said:
And from Kipers own words....Cutler's accuracy is only so-so.

That doesn't mean he can't be a 1st rounder. Numerous QBs have done so. His accuracy is so-so for a top ten pick yes, but compared to the other QBs in the mid rounds it's better. I am in no way in favor of trading a bunch of picks to get Cutler, but I don't see any excuse to pick anyone over him at 16, other than say Jimmy Williams if he's somehow there.

Jaj said:
What would be really funny is if each of them has to bow before Emperor Saban atop of his gigantic castle he's building inside Dolphin Stadium(that's the actual construction) :goof:

I thought thats where all the cheerleaders were going to hang out. O'Well.

Jaj said:
That doesn't mean he can't be a 1st rounder. Numerous QBs have done so. His accuracy is so-so for a top ten pick yes, but compared to the other QBs in the mid rounds it's better. I am in no way in favor of trading a bunch of picks to get Cutler, but I don't see any excuse to pick anyone over him at 16, other than say Jimmy Williams if he's somehow there.

I rather have another player in the first...and take Croyle in the 2nd round...if all possible. I believe Croyle is alot more ready to play because of Shula...and his system. Of course if Miracles could happen...I'd take Young over any of them...but I'm afraid we won't get any miracles.

Jaj said:
Same here. This is sickening now everybody completely jumps off the Cutler bandwagon(even though they had never even watched him play). It's like every single person today believes they're draft experts and great at player evaluation and Kiper who himself said Cutler has done enough to be a top 10 pick is wrong. Great job GMs in the making... :shakeno:

I hope the other teams are off Cutlers bandwagon he would be a great pick for us if he is still there.

Back
Top Bottom